View Single Post

Old 06-26-2014, 10:02 PM
Tlaneloli

733 posts, read 940,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
No one is exactly Mexican? What about the Mexica? They were the Tenochtitlanos - the Aztecs. I would say THEY ( or any of the few directly descended from them) are truly "Mexican". Then one would have to stretch the definitions to say - ok these are pure "Mexicans". Then there are the Mayans. Etc etc. But it's really just semantic.

Two big questions. Exactly what did the ancient mesoAmericans called the American continents? What was the name? I've read Abya Yala was a name given by the Kuna tribe in Panama/Columbia. But did the Aztecs and Maya use the same name? If so, this could be the TRUE NAME of the "Americas".

Second question. Lots of ancient paintings and sculpture - and found in Ancient MesoAmerican show people who in my opinion do not look at all like East Asians who crossed the Bering strait and migrated south. Many have large eyes, large noses and small chins - the look more Greco-Roman Egyptian Lebonese to me. Geronimo looks east asian. Pacal the Great does not.
Any news on that?

I can't help but think people who look Egyptian, use hieroglyphs and build pyramids might just be Egyptian from a lost epoch of history.
The Mexica werent Mexican they were Mexica, they didn't become Mexican until Mexico formed.

The Aztec and Maya didn't have the same name for it as the Kuna, different languages and language families. For Aztec people like to say Anahuac, Cemanahuac and Ixachilan were all names for the continent, it's kinda sketchy on that though, they could mean different things instead.

I highly doubt any Egyptians came over, as for what ancient Mesoamericans looked like, well look at the Indians of Mesoamerica, that's more or less what they looked like. Keep in mind these are old sculptures and such made by people who didn't have the technology we'd think of to make sculptures, they could be artistically stylized or it could be disprortionate.