View Single Post

Old 04-23-2008, 01:45 PM
stl-girl04

17 posts, read 73,032 times
Default I love the CWE

St. Louis has many beautiful neighborhoods. I live in the CWE, but in the Debaliviere Place area (which is on the edge of CWE). You'd get all the conveniences of the CWE for a little less of the price. I live on Pershing Ave, which is a very nice street in the CWE area. You should check this neighborhood out. I pay $640 for a nice two bedroom apartment. My friend also lives on this street and she rents a two bedroom as well for around $680. Some apartments do run $1000 plus in the CWE, but if you look hard enough, you'd luck up. Trying looking for apartments in the 63112 and 63108 zip codes. Check out: DeBaliviere Neighborhood (http://stlouis.missouri.org/debaliviereplace/ - broken link) for more information about Debaliviere Place. I live in walking distance from Forest Park, the Missouri History Museum (literally around the corner) and a very short drive from Euclid Ave. I LOVE IT!!!

I've never lived in Soulard, but what I do know is that you really have to be careful in that area. During February, they have their Mardi Gras celebration and it can get a bit rowdy (but if you don't mind the noise...it only last a few days). Farmer's Market is in the area and its a really cool place to pick up groceries and different eccentric things. There are a lot of bars and pubs in the area too. Its a really trendy neighborhood. Check out: Historic Soulard
Soulard.com (broken link)
Soulard Farmers Market, Information, Pictures and History

Another good thing is that I live in walking distance of the Metrolink too, so if you wanted to catch the Metrolink to class, UMSL has two Metrolink stops! Good luck on your move and I hope this was helpful!

Last edited by stl-girl04; 04-23-2008 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: mispelling
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote