View Single Post

Old 02-19-2015, 06:06 PM
GldnRule

12,595 posts, read 6,677,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
So Gldnrule, please don't take this the wrong way - you know I love chatting with you - and don't take this as a 'have a go at Gldnrule day' post, but I was just struck by your post here.
I admit I skipped over it at first and didn't read it until just now. Anytime anyone quotes the bible, I tend to glaze over and skip that, as well as any responses to it.

But how is your imaginary scenario here ^^^ any different to what Stephen Fry said?

The only difference is that his imaginary scene was set by the Pearly Gate whereas yours is set in hell.
Don't many theists who believe in the Pearly Gates also believe in hell?

Didn't you say this earlier?:

Aren't you doing EXACTLY the same thing by pretending to shove Satan's trident where the sun don't shine? I don't see the difference. You've just switched God for Satan is all.

Doesn't this make your comments proposterous and completely idiotic, arrogant, mocking and insulting and spewing nonsense from your blowhole?

I really don't get it.
I love my exchanges with you too...so, of course I'll explain how it is different.

FIRST: Fry had his scenario set for him, and was responding to it. While I set my own scenario, and thus was able to control the whole thing. Even up to and including a fix of the problem oft proffered by the Nonbelievers of having to eternally bow and grovel in heaven. How could I be idiotic, when I fixed everybody's afterlife everything?!!
Fry solved nothing...he just set himself up for eternal torment and did nothing to help anybody else either. THAT is idiotic!

SECOND: Fry was slamming the entity that is supposedly the Creator and equated with love, joy, and goodness. I was putting it on the entity that is supposedly against the Creator and equated with hatred, pain, and evil. That it is Satan (evil) instead of God (good) I put it to is what makes all the difference in the entire vibe of my game.

THIRD: It was obvious to anybody what I put forth was a joke and intended to be completely in jest (I've put that up a bunch of times)...OTOH Fry was completely serious and putting forth the position he actually thinks and feels that he has stated many, many times before.

Be well...and try to stay warm.