View Single Post

Old 05-26-2008, 07:15 AM
cg81

3,086 posts, read 6,274,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
“…they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.”

This coming of Christ had to have occurred during those times,
Firstborn, I agree with your post except for the above point. I do not believe that Jesus has returned.

To review some of the verses:
Matthew 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.
I agree that the above verses probably are referring to the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD. Just one note: the "elect" in verse 22 is not referring to the Jews, rather the Christians who were in Jerusalem. History tells us that there was a sudden withdrawal of the army where they were able to escape.
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
I believe that these verses would be referring to the time after this tribulation.. a period of time that could include the time we are living in right now.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
I believe that these verses are referring to the end of time, which has not occurred yet. We are in the period of time "immediately after the tribulation". The sun being darkened and the moon not giving light etc, I agree that this probably is figurative of a great religious power falling, such as the Jewish authority.