View Single Post

Old 08-29-2015, 08:28 PM
Poncho_NM

26,527 posts, read 51,922,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by utsci View Post
I'm not really sure why everyone raves about USAA.
Not everyone raves...

But when it comes with dealing with a claim USAA shines...

I left GEICO in 1984 when my wife got hit by a semi which totaled the one year old car. I had to get two attorneys just to get settled with GEICO. (GEICO came under new/different ownership when the Gecko appeared). It was almost three years before our original car was paid for by GEICO and there were all sorts of tricks played including losing the car after I signed the title to them and refusing to pay storage fees while the car was in their possesion.

So I went with USAA...

When A storm blew half of the roof off the large garage, USAA was concerned to cover the contents. A major roofing company was contracted to get the repairs done quickly...

Lighting strike, I submitted what repairs I made, I selected the contractor to repair cinder block damage, electrical wiring with USAA concurrence, I replaced two basement windows and was paid for the repairs, and everything was completed quickly.

Three windshields were quickly repaired with the vehicles at home (while I was at work). Three different incidents.

When USAA stopped their aircraft coverage, they shopped around and got a good deal, better than what I could get (AVEMCO I believe).

When USAA stopped their motorcycle coverage, I was being shipped overseas, they recommended we store the bike and pay a lesser insurance rate. We would not have coverage if anyone drove the bike.

There were some other issues which USAA helped take care of without the hassles some other companies have offered...

My daughter has had USAA after her initial period with a recommended company (Criterion?) for two years. She got her USAA in the 90's and is happy with their service.

Go with whoever you wish... I know who I am staying with.