View Single Post

Old 08-19-2016, 08:23 PM
coschristi

8,930 posts, read 4,378,378 times
I posted this same experience on this forum in a thread over a year ago but it's a pretty "good one" so I'll repeat it:

15 years ago when I was pregnant with my now 14 year old twins & I was home alone. My friend Dena called & wanted to know if I wanted to go out that night but I declined.

It was actually common for me to go out with friends then, order an ice water & watch everyone drink & dance; I liked it. That night I was in a weird mood. Tired & restless all at the same time & felt like being a recluse for some odd reason.

I was just relaxing on my couch watching TV & got up to use the restroom. On my way out I checked myself in the mirror & picked up my hairbrush to run it through my hair.

Mid brush-stroke I froze in place; behind me in the mirror was the silhouette of a man. He was about 6'4", his face was shadowed.

I slowly put the brush down while looking in the mirror. I turned around ... & he was GONE.

Oddly; I wasn't afraid. You would think that a pregnant woman, alone at night would have been on the phone with 911 in a split second.

Instead; I went back to the couch & sat down. At some point a bit later I do remember that Dena called me "Are you SURE you don't want to meet up? You sound weird ..."

I noticed I needed to plug in my phone & the cord was in my bedroom, plugged in to the wall behind the headboard.
The bedroom light was off with the hallway well-lit behind me. I stretched over the bed to reach to outlet.

There was a mirror in the headbord. As I raised my head up; there he was again. Silent & unmoving; he just stared at me.

And once again as I turned; he was gone.

And once again; I went back to the couch. I just sat really still.

A knock at the door startled me. It was Dena, tipsy, loud & "bouncy". She followed me into the living room (having to walk past my bedroom) & sat down with a sly smile on her face.

"Why didn't you just TELL me?"

"Tell you what?"

"Why didn't you just tell me you were going to have company tonight?"

" What company?"

"YOU KNOW ... THAT GUY IN YOUR BEDROOM .."

All I could do was to whisper "He's been here all night ..." And I started crying. Dena ran back to the bedroom but of course; he was gone. She pulled everything out of both my bedroom closet & the hallway closet by the bathroom.

Nothing.

One thing I had forgotten to mention the last time I wrote this is that the day before I had walked about a quarter mile to a diner in the evening, by myself. I was hungry (eating for 3!)& ordered a huge plate of food. I remember at the time there were only 5 other people there. A retired-age couple, 2 guys at the counter talking & laughing & a tall quiet man in a booth.

After eating I asked the waitress for my bill but she smiled & said "Oh; it's been paid. The person that paid it asked to remain anonymous."

I looked around the diner but the only people left were the couple & the 2 dudes at the counter. I don't know if it was even related or just coincidence.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote