View Single Post

Old 03-30-2018, 05:27 AM
Vivace70

12 posts, read 13,383 times
Yes, I have two daughters who are about her age. One of them also has ADHD and Asberger's. I understand all about holding it together at school and needing down time. But her behavior is the same on non school days. She argues every time. She talks back constantly. That is learned behavior due to no consequences or consistency. Her father works long hours, so when he is home he is tired and doesn't want to deal with it. He just lets her stay on the computer all day. If we are out in public, he doesn't want to deal with it for fear of causing a bigger scene. Then he forgets to deal with it later. He tried some state based counseling, and she was not cooperative with them when they tried to outline acceptable behavior and also helping a little around the house. Many relatives have tried talking to him but he just doesn't think it is a problem. She lied about me and admitted it later, with no consequences. She stays up til 12 or 1 am on school nights on her computer with no consequences. He did try turning Wi-Fi off at night but she sneaks in his room to turn the hot spot on his phone on. Now she has her own unlimited phone plan with a hot spot! She can be sweet, but much of the time it is not pleasant to be around her (mornings she screams for 10 - 30 min or more because she was woke up, even if it is 10:00), nights she tells if she is asked to get off computer and go to bed. During the day, she has bad attitude and makes sure everyone suffers if we try to go somewhere or do something as a family. She does like a few things that take her away from computer, so when we do that she is okay after the wake up screaming fit.