View Single Post

Old 09-13-2008, 06:49 AM
COflower

1,312 posts, read 7,919,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnpennington View Post
Hello all, this is my first post on this forum.
To give you some background my wife and I are considering immigrating to the Denver area from the UK, and are very excited at the prospect.
One major potential problem we have is that we have two domestic cats (Bengals) that are totally unlivable with if confined indoors.
Are there any areas within an hours drive of Denver that would be safe for them to go outside without the risk of mountain lions using the as a small meal?
Also, I have heard that Bengals are illegal in Denver, but not Colorado in general; how far from the city of Denver would this cover?

Thank you very much for your time, and would really appreciate some help.

Thank you,
John
Honestly, if you can't keep your cats indoors, stay in the UK or let them learn to live indoors. It is completely irresponsible to have cats and not keep them indoors. I had a cat that was an outdoor I taught to live inside full time

Aside from the normal "your cats should be indoors because of disease, neighborhood responsibility" and the like, your cats are also food for mountian lions, coyotes and foxes that live in our area. You think I am kidding, please look up the news stories on the wildlife that does live on the Front Range of Colorado. You will also find that dogs are frequent victims of mountain lions and coyote too.

Living in Colorado means that your pets can also be dinner. If you can't be responsible enough to change them into indoor cats (I still let my cat go outside under my watch and he is fine - I let him out most of the year round but under my watch when I am there to monitor him and not let him be a problem for my nieghbors), then rethink your moving here. Cats don't have boundries like dogs do with a fence and even that's problematic for dogs sometimes.

I am not kidding.