View Single Post

Old 09-29-2008, 02:47 PM
ShakenStirred

2,415 posts, read 4,269,533 times
Default Young, dumb and full of..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Nope. I voted against Bush in 2004 and was too young to vote in 2000. You'd have to be an IDIOT to support Bush!
Now see, this is the kind of immature name calling that makes me think the voting age should be raised to 30 at least. Ok, look here kid, to call everyone who voted for Bush an idiot shows immaturity on a grand scale. Let me explain something to you....I voted for Bush, both times, and I am not happy with the direction he took the government, and I was livid about some of the policies that have taken place during his tenure. I am extremely disappointed in how much he grew government spending, and these military subcontracts that are cost plus (the ones McCain spoke of during the debate) are absolute BS. Washington D.C. has become the biggest good old boy network in the entire country. Need I remind you that our only other choice to vote for was the "inventor of the internet" and had he won, you'd be defending him to the hilt. But alas, this financial crisis started in the 90's when the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933 was repealed. The legislation was introduced by Phill Gramm (R-TX) and James Leach (R-IA). Bill Clinton signed this piece of legislation which opened up the doors for all the corruption that occurred and led us to the financial mess we have going on today. So the Republicans are guilty of falling prey to the lobbying of Citigroup who had been trying to get the SGA repealed for at least a decade, and Clinton is guilty of signing it into law. That's both parties that are responsible for the mess we have now. George Bush didn't have a thing to do with the current economy, and if you weren't just above drinking age, you'd know that. But alas, we're all just idiots because we voted for Bush, and for you to know everything so early in your life, wow, I'm so very impressed. Maybe you should run for President since your of such high level intelligence.

Now see, the politicians, they want to keep us seperated and pitted against each other based on certain issues like abortion, civil rights, blah blah blah. Truth is, most Americans agree on most things, but without these divisive issues, they lose power. So I'll go for now so your young mind kind soak in some of this stuff...and in the meantime, I suggest a little bit of research before opening your young naive` mouth instead of lumping everyone into the "idiot" category. Unless of course you have made absolutely no mistakes ever in your life and never regretted a decision you made. In which case, I owe you an apology. You'll never get it, but at least somebody will owe you something kid.

In the meantime, it would serve you and everyone else on this forum well to do a little research into the root cause of this financial crisis, or at least one major component of it: Glass-Steagall Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wall Street Crash of 1929 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia