View Single Post

Old 06-22-2020, 05:26 AM
Cambium

83,399 posts, read 74,915,183 times

Advertisements

Almost forgot to do my weekly update! Loaded with pics today!

June 22, 2020

The weather:
No heat waves yet thankfully but with only 1" of rain this month and less than 2" past 5 weeks things have been VERY dry. Past few days has gotten hot and humid.

The Plants:

My Sunflower was getting eaten at the bottom and the leaves were drooping so I knew I had to rescue it fast!

Ended up putting the green tape used to tie plants up as a Band-Aid.. We'll see what happens.

I ended up putting pipe insulation on the rest. lol.

I never grown them, always liked them, and now I am fascinated. Check out the size of the leaf!

Fig Tree. No figs yet. This thing never dies. I love figs but hate the roots its puts out everywhere

Lots of Fava Beans to harvest

Pepper plants are doing so well. Leaves all green. I have to thank the hydrogen peroxide mix I sprayed on June 7th.

Bell Peppers look like they are coming back to life but still not looking too great. Either I fertilized too much or the soil just wasn't warming up enough. Or maybe shaded by the pots too much. Eggplants once again problems. I'm gonna give up on them. Pointless after years of failing.

Never had tomato plants without spots on some leaves. So green and producing blooms. Hydrogen peroxide was sprayed on them too. The dry weather definitely helps too.

My Soil temps: Green line is this year... Soil now warmest of the year and you'll see that the cucumbers are finally having a growth surge.

Did this 2 days ago... See it? Cucumbers just love 70+ soil temps. Amazing growth just in past 7 days

Closer look from today. I sprayed these with Canola Oil, dishsoap mix back on June 3rd when I was seeing spots on the seedlings. I thought was going to be a bad year. Now I have to get the Jars ready soon.

I'll do a colorful post next.