View Single Post

Old 09-27-2020, 09:25 AM
bostongymjunkie

5,223 posts, read 2,802,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asongbird View Post
Salem's tourism addiction has steadily worsened over the 17 years we have lived here. It lasts now from late summer through the end of the year, and you cannot use your own town at all in Oct. Last year I was actually followed almost to my front door by screaming cursing tourists who were angry at me pointing out they were not allowed to park in the residential spots in which they were parked and when they said the inevitable "f-u"I told them they would probably be getting a ticket and I was trying to stop that from happening. Then they moved the car....but followed me cursing me out the whole way. And I mean loudly. And now, the tourists are flagrantly ignoring the mask-wearing mandates, so our COVID risk is higher again.

Really last straws.

When it comes to law enforcement, the best practice is to leave it to law enforcement professionals or meter enforcement. As for masks, if they aren't wearing masks inside they can be asked to leave. There is no solid science which supports wearing a mask outdoors where social distancing is practiced. In fact, a huge number of people walking around with masks are wearing types which have been found to be useless, at best, to further enabling transmission, at worst. Then there is the issue with mask wearers seemingly believe that wearing a mask gives them license to be lax on distancing and crawl up on people or walk down an urban sidewalk looking down at their phones. It doesn't. I don't wear a mask outdoors and I do keep my distance. That seems to inspire those who would otherwise not distance, to keep their distance. That's good in my view.

Last edited by bostongymjunkie; 09-27-2020 at 09:33 AM..