Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 10:49 PM

3,172 posts, read 2,730,637 times

Advertisements

This is to better reflect our Terms and Conditions, which state that in some very limited circumstances (when our automatic detection system thinks some user is spamming others) we might view these flagged messages to confirm that they are spam. In practice, this is almost never necessary, even for spammers, because we can just see the part of messages that repeats and how many times it does or see an overview of that user's messaging stats and posting history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 08:29 AM

3,252 posts, read 9,155,229 times
Interesting rename. I like it...would not have thought of it myself but I do like it.

I just wish we could send more than one once we reach a higher rank or posting level or maybe after we've been here longer or a combination of those. Liz

Old 08-17-2007, 08:36 AM

8,954 posts, read 4,255,754 times
I'm afraid it may be complicated. As the Admin mentioned, we have a spam detector in place. If you send more than one identical message, they are flagged and registered for us to check. The intrusion upon your privacy notwithstanding, it would also mean so much more work to do...

I'm afraid there would be no way for the system to determine whether you're just sending a friendly greeting to five of your friends at the same time or bugging them to make business with you via a bank in Nigeria.

Old 08-17-2007, 08:41 AM

Is there a way to lower the way the amount of time between DM's then for certain user groups based on the above mentioned criteria? Or would that be impossible too? Liz

Old 08-17-2007, 09:53 AM

4,606 posts, read 7,669,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markablue View Post
I'm afraid there would be no way for the system to determine whether you're just sending a friendly greeting to five of your friends at the same time or bugging them to make business with you via a bank in Nigeria.
Oh we have switched, we now do business via a bank in Butner,

Old 08-17-2007, 10:00 AM

8,954 posts, read 4,255,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumngal View Post
Thanks for the heads up! I'll notify the authorities immediately. Any last words before you're banned?

Old 08-17-2007, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up! I'll notify the authorities immediately. Any last words before you're banned?
Now you gone and done it!!! LOL. Liz

Old 08-17-2007, 10:21 AM

Quote:

oh, wait, yes. I hope you have a lovely day,

Old 08-17-2007, 11:28 AM

2,896 posts, read 6,615,598 times
Quote:

nooooooo! don't ban the way cool autumngal!!! She is a true around this place

Old 08-17-2007, 01:26 PM

markablue, my dear ol' friend, thought ya might need a wanted poster, it's from last winter, cause I am going to have to go on the run now. And I saw your photo (very nice photos by the way), and felt it is only right for you to see who you are banning.... And now you can ban me for going off topic. too..

Actually just practicing my post pic stuff see if I can get the hang of posting stuff better, I am awful at it! And figure with you and liz in here and da jammer, if anything goes wrong or I need help, you da peeps to ask,

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x149/autumngal_photo/mzebsnow.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum