Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 02:04 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times

Advertisements

Hello dues how are ya?

I cant believe with ALL THE MESSAGE BASES we have here @ CD,we dont have one to discuss RESTAURANTS (Specific to restaurants)

It could be a SUB-BASE under the FOOD section

http://www.city-data.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=136 (broken link)

Notice the 2 sub-bases there now @ the top

I got the idea when i was scanning for "RESTAURANT DISCUSSIONS" on google and i found this base on this site: http://www.talkofthevillages.com/for...splay.php?f=90 (I finally posted my thread tonight on the main FOOD base)

But i think thats really limited to one area (Florida i think) and this site here is everywhere

How about it guys?? -- How about a new base "Restaurant Discussions"??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 05:32 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Except for chains, isn't a discussion of restaurants only pertinent to specific areas?
And even then, some chains are better in one place than another since the cooks,managers and waitstaff isn't the same
Great reviews of a restaurant in Omaha would mean absolutely nothing to someone outside of Nebraska and probably very few outside Omaha.
Better to be located in that forum.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:55 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Well i suppose so but many are NATIONWIDE (Like Mcdonalds,Ponderosa,etc)

I dunno.........

Old 03-21-2012, 10:29 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Hello dues how are ya?

I cant believe with ALL THE MESSAGE BASES we have here @ CD,we dont have one to discuss RESTAURANTS (Specific to restaurants)

It could be a SUB-BASE under the FOOD section

//www.city-data.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=136

Notice the 2 sub-bases there now @ the top

I got the idea when i was scanning for "RESTAURANT DISCUSSIONS" on google and i found this base on this site: Restaurant Discussions - Talk of The Villages (I finally posted my thread tonight on the main FOOD base)

But i think thats really limited to one area (Florida i think) and this site here is everywhere

How about it guys?? -- How about a new base "Restaurant Discussions"??
All your base are belong to us.

According to the Terms of Service, consumer complaints are not allowed. Threads about how much someone hates Applebee's or a horrible experience at a local diner would probably not stand. There are already lots of discussions in the regional forums about favorite restaurants.

//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=35480109

Old 03-21-2012, 11:03 AM

8,954 posts, read 4,269,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Threads about how much someone hates Applebee's or a horrible experience at a local diner would probably not stand.
Why not? There's a difference between an experience description (even a bad one) and a slander, especially with names, addresses, etc.

But, I agree, a restaurant is a local issue. To discuss chain companies, you can always use Other Topics.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:20 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka View Post
Why not? There's a difference between an experience description (even a bad one) and a slander, especially with names, addresses, etc.
That's why I said "probably." I'm sure the forum mods know the tone of their boards and regular posters enough to judge what's appropriate.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:42 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
As old_cold said, I think discussions about restaurants would be best kept to that specific posters local forum.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:11 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Many restaurants are regional. Besides local forums devote plenty space to Restaurant threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum