Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 08:13 AM

59 posts, read 201,693 times

Advertisements

Someone please tell me how to STOP receiving these posts to my email account???? PLEASE I can't find it in settings or anywhere, this site is not user friendly.

Any help is appreciated. I do not want to receive these emails. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 01:09 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
On the top left side click my settings.
On the left side go down to settings & options click edit options
Messaging & notification change the option to allow receive email from Administrators and "uncheck" the receive email from other members.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:42 PM

7,515 posts, read 13,616,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
On the top left side click my settings.
On the left side go down to settings & options click edit options
Messaging & notification change the option to allow receive email from Administrators and "uncheck" the receive email from other members.
I could be wrong, but I think OP means the emails you can get when a new post appears in a "subscribed thread". (I get about 8-10 a day)

Follow the above instruction to get to this section, then select the pop-up for "no email notification"

Default Thread Subscription Mode "When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread."

Old 07-10-2013, 02:57 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
^^^ Good point! That might be the issue.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:15 AM

59 posts, read 201,693 times
Thanks everyone.
I was trying to figure out how to UNSUBSCRIBE also, and I can't figure that out. It says I am not subscribed to a forum but I guess I was getting emails because I commented?? LOL

Thanks again, at least this should stop the ongoing madness of using soap or not thread!!

Old 07-11-2013, 12:43 PM

14,466 posts, read 20,640,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vg66 View Post
I was trying to figure out how to UNSUBSCRIBE also, and I can't figure that out. It says I am not subscribed to a forum but I guess I was getting emails because I commented??

Thanks again
Go to the top of this thread. There is a line above your name with the date and time.
Look to the right, above that line and you see "thread tools"
Open that drop down box and it lets you subscribe to, or un-subscribe from, the (or any) thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum