U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-15-2007, 06:20 PM
 
Location: Austin 'burbs
3,225 posts, read 13,417,560 times
Reputation: 778

Advertisements

I think the amount of time between sending emails is excessive. I understand, because of spamming, you limit the time.

However... for example, today, I am trying to report several posts that are blatant advertisment spam in my regular forum - and can't because it's simply too time consuming to wait 400 some seconds, come back, email the report post, wait again... etc.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-15-2007, 11:54 PM
 
8,955 posts, read 3,941,976 times
This is unnecessary. It would be enough if you reported one, someone would take care of the rest, too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2007, 06:55 AM
 
Location: NE Florida
17,833 posts, read 31,577,072 times
Reputation: 43376
One thing I do is if I see a ad/spam I look to see how many posts they have if I see 3 or 4 I do a quick check to see if they are all the same ad/spam that way when I report one I mention that all the posts for this person are spam


wow all this talk of spam has made me hungry, time for breakfast
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2007, 07:07 AM
 
Location: Illinois
3,167 posts, read 2,513,375 times
Maybe it'd be possible to decouple the post report system from the email system, I'll look into it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2007, 07:09 AM
 
Location: Journey's End
10,203 posts, read 25,972,639 times
Reputation: 3930
That's such a great idea, Karla, and so helpful, too!

And now for breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
One thing I do is if I see a ad/spam I look to see how many posts they have if I see 3 or 4 I do a quick check to see if they are all the same ad/spam that way when I report one I mention that all the posts for this person are spam


wow all this talk of spam has made me hungry, time for breakfast
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2007, 07:56 AM
 
Location: NE Florida
17,833 posts, read 31,577,072 times
Reputation: 43376
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
That's such a great idea, Karla, and so helpful, too!

And now for breakfast.
thanks otr

hmmmm I think a visit to Mcdonalds for a bacon egg and cheese biscuit sound so good lets go
shhh don't tell my exercise thread buddies
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2007, 07:58 AM
 
Location: Journey's End
10,203 posts, read 25,972,639 times
Reputation: 3930
I'll meet ya half way, say, in Norfolk, VA ... hush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
thanks otr

hmmmm I think a visit to Mcdonalds for a bacon egg and cheese biscuit sound so good lets go
shhh don't tell my exercise thread buddies
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2007, 09:26 AM
 
Location: Austin 'burbs
3,225 posts, read 13,417,560 times
Reputation: 778
Quote:
Maybe it'd be possible to decouple the post report system from the email system, I'll look into it.
That's along the lines of what I was thinking. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:20 AM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top