Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 07:48 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times

Advertisements

This all started a couple weeks ago. Don't know how to fix it! If I click someone's username, I can't look at their history of postings, nor send them a direct message.

If I click my own username, I can't access my history of past postings, only my profile status comes up.

What's happening? This hasn't happened since I started on CD.com back in 2007.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 07:57 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Go to history and delete it.And delete cookies.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:12 PM

When I click my Username, all that comes up is Visitor Messages!

Old 11-26-2013, 10:12 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,047,057 times
I've been having lots of technical problems on C-D since mid-afternoon today. My drop-downs no longer work; a couple of buttons have disappeared; a couple of new buttons have appeared. When I click on a user's name in a post, instead of getting a drop-down it takes me to their profile. When I click to leave a rep comment, the system works but the little window to type in comes up in a different place on the page. It's as though the site is possessed!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:05 PM

Well, that's some comfort, knowing it's not just me then!

Old 11-26-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Well, that's some comfort, knowing it's not just me then!
True. Misery loves company.

I also learned a couple of minutes ago that I've lost my ability to post images. Dang.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:06 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,797,799 times
Don't know what all of you are using for browsers, but I'm using the latest version of Firefox (25.0.1) and everything is working perfectly.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:50 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
I think there is a lot of Internet Explorer 11 going around, and folks can improve their CD experience by adding CD to Compatibility View.
That said, I have some reduced functionality with IE11 in CD, but not to the extent mentioned above.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BstYet2Be View Post
Don't know what all of you are using for browsers, but I'm using the latest version of Firefox (25.0.1) and everything is working perfectly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I think there is a lot of Internet Explorer 11 going around, and folks can improve their CD experience by adding CD to Compatibility View.
That said, I have some reduced functionality with IE11 in CD, but not to the extent mentioned above.
I don't know a lot about computers. I have IE 11. I've never technical problems like this with C-D before; the problems started yesterday. I'm not certain, but I think perhaps IE 11 was an automatic update in the last day or two and I just didn't notice it. I don't know how to tell when IE 11 was downloaded to my PC so that I can check that theory.

Anyway, I'm still at a loss as to how I can get all the C-D functions working properly. Anyone have advice that a layperson might be able to understand?

Old 11-27-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BstYet2Be View Post
I use Bing. Today when I logged in, I had an opportunity to install IE11, and now I'm not sure if I should or not!

I consider myself to be a low-tekkie. And when problems accumulate I just merely call someone to come over here at $100 a session, but that's only once every year or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum