Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2021, 08:36 AM

12,042 posts, read 8,421,785 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the Happy Halloween heading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2021, 12:59 PM

44,359 posts, read 20,063,008 times
Thank you, Admin., for the banner honoring America's military veterans today.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-25-2021, 07:07 AM

12,042 posts, read 8,421,785 times
Thank you for the Thanksgiving wishes.

The good job of running the Forum is one of the things I give thanks for today and every day.

Old 04-23-2022, 10:21 AM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times
I'd like to give accolades to the moderator on the New York board - Rachel NewYork!
Being that forum includes NYC, she definitely has her work cut out for her. Nonetheless, she moderates it with professionalism and good communication skills. Even when she closes a thread, she succinctly yet courteously provides the reason.

Kudos to Rachel NewYork!

Old 04-23-2022, 12:00 PM

4,143 posts, read 1,875,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
I'd like to give accolades to the moderator on the New York board - Rachel NewYork!
Being that forum includes NYC, she definitely has her work cut out for her. Nonetheless, she moderates it with professionalism and good communication skills. Even when she closes a thread, she succinctly yet courteously provides the reason.

Kudos to Rachel NewYork!
Thank you, Klassyhk. I actually moderate these forums: Judaism, Great Debates, Birds, and Iowa. Maybe it's the "NewYork" in my screen name that made you think of the New York forums?

Your kind words are nevertheless greatly appreciated!

Old 04-23-2022, 05:08 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
So, kudos for Airborneguy, seventhfloor , bmwguydc, ibginnie and nancy thereader, then

Old 04-23-2022, 08:48 PM

19,209 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
So, kudos for Airborneguy, seventhfloor , bmwguydc, ibginnie and nancy thereader, then
It takes a village

Old 04-24-2022, 11:24 AM

18,218 posts, read 25,857,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
It takes a village

It sure does!

Old 04-26-2022, 04:31 AM

1,961 posts, read 2,708,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Even when she closes a thread, she succinctly yet courteously provides the reason.
I wish all mods would do that, even when it seems obvious to them.

Old 03-11-2023, 09:11 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
I really have to give a shout out to the moderator Ibgennie for doing a great job of damage control, while he/she was deleting posts to try and keep a respectful conversation going inside the thread. This was a few days ago, so my apologies for not thanking Ibgennie earlier.

I recently saw that I had a bunch of my posts were deleted in a thread. They all had that vague message for deletion:

This message has been deleted by Ibginnie. Reason: trolling OR off topic OR reply to deleted post

We all wonder, were we being a troll? Did we drag the conversation off topic?

Lucky for me I still had three opened tabs from this very thread. I do this a lot, because I'm trying to follow the conversation and being able to reference the other pages helps. Anyway, I had left them open while I was AFK. So when I came back a few hours later, and refreshed the page, I was greeted with the dreaded deleted posts. I still had three opened tabs with the history of those now deleted posts.

I painstakingly went thru the posts to try and piece together what the moderator had done.

As it turned out, there was a user who had created an account the very same day. This user made posts in the thread. These posts were trollish, and were off topic. Myself and a few others either responded to the troll, or we responded to each other, as we responded to the troll. Even though we were being respectful, damage control to the troll from angering others had to be done.

Ibgennie did a great job of sifting thru the thread and weeding out the troll's posts, and any responses people had made to the troll. I was getting a headache just following it all, but Ibgennie is so good at their job that he/she made it look easy.

Great job IBGENNIE, you are a god when it comes to damage control. I never realized how intricate and involved it was to do your job here. Now I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum