Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 12:54 AM

3,172 posts, read 2,729,457 times

Advertisements

To celebrate our forum exceeding 10,000 posts/day we are once again giving out $2250 in Overstock.com gift cards to authors of semi-randomly selected posts. This is in addition to $2000 in gift cards we gave out in December and $2200 in January. The more one wrote lately, the better chance of winning. Only users still active on our forum were included. We hope to give away even more gifts in the future, so please stick around, post, and invite your friends. We are also working on other features allowing our posters to earn some pocket cash (sorry, no details yet). We recognize that we have many very valuable posters not included on this short list and we thank you all for participating. With hundreds of thousands registered users, it is impossible for us to thank you all personally in a similar fashion.

New $50 gift cards winners are:

18Montclair
anifani821
Bunky39
Captain Bill
CMDallas
Coldjensens
compelled to reply
DaisyLovIzzy
DareToDream
Drover
Fiddlekitten
Gretchen B
guylocke
HIF
hiknapster
holden125
jessiesma
jimj
John1960
karibear
Katiana
LewLew
Lindsey_Mcfarren
LordBalfor
love roses
lovesMountains
Magnum Mike
Maine Writer
MB2
mbuszu
MikeJaquish
North_Raleigh_Guy
Northwoods Voyager
novanative75
OhBeeHave
Radek
RoaminRed
seanpecor
Steve-o
Tarastomsgirl
Tek_Freek
UncleBatz
Valerie C
warptman
Wild Style

Notes:
-Current moderators and previous winners were not eligible.
-Previous winners will be eligible to win again in the future at some point.
-All winners should check their Direct Messages for further info coming up soon.
-Sorry, no details on the selection process are available.
-This is not any kind of endorsement of these posters' views.
-This is not a solicitation to enter any kind of sweepstakes.
-If any winner declines to accept his or her gift certificate or wants to be removed from this list, another winner will be chosen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 01:12 AM

32,606 posts, read 77,274,241 times
Wow! Congratulations, everyone! If "pocket cash" entails me getting a large City-Data tatoo across my stomach to help promote the site when I go running along the highway in a few months, then count me in! I'm within a few short weeks of finally using the generous gift I received back in December. Let's just hope I don't get banned before I have the option of putting my 23-hour per day City-Data addiction to good use for myself financially! LOL!

I see a lot of familiar names on that list along with a few I've never before seen. Congratulations to you all, and keep posting!

Old 02-22-2008, 01:32 AM

72,323 posts, read 18,152,376 times
Oh! I can't believe it! I have another one! Thanks so much! I am so very fortunate!
I haven't used the other one yet! I am speechless!!! this is incredible, YiPPEEE!!
No tatoos for me....Need pictures though,maybe all over my face!

Old 02-22-2008, 01:45 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,526,587 times
Oh my goodness...What a wonderful surprise. I am almost speechless, almost. I just love this forum and it has been such a life saver for me so many times. I can't thank y'all enough for this honour. And it is such a sweet Birthday Present also. (2/25). You are so nice. Thank you, thank you. This is my first one and I am honoured to be in such company. Thank you again, Administrator and all.

Hey, Izzy, congrats, again.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:02 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,103,694 times
Cool Thanks Admin...for the gift card

Well, I seem to have found myself in distinguished company this time, having been named as one of the $50 Overstock.com recipients for February .

I recognize about one third of the other winners on Admin's list as members with whom I have shared ideas, photos, jokes and comments - both humorous and serious .

I congratulate everyone on the list for having also been selected to share in this unexpected windfall.

When Auntie Batz hears of this great news she will surely prepare a list for me to "assist" me in rapidly cashing in on this offer.

Our sincere thanks to Admin along with our congratulations on achieving 10,000 posts in a day. We share in your happiness at achieving such a goal and know that this is just the beginning of even greater things to come.

As we say here in The Carolinas, when we receive happy news, and I quote......"Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa "....

Old 02-22-2008, 02:13 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,104,404 times
thank you very much i bought a casio atomic watch
this is as good as it gets.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:20 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,226,583 times
Well, pretty nice I have to say.

Ken

Old 02-22-2008, 02:24 AM

15,218 posts, read 30,415,301 times
Aw, shucks. Maybe next time. Congrats everyone

Pocket cash? Anything that'll buy me a can of tuna fish to put in this Ramen....

Old 02-22-2008, 02:53 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,768,204 times
Congratulations to ALL of this month's WINNERS!!!!

~HDL~

Old 02-22-2008, 04:54 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,054,160 times
Wow. I never win anything.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum