U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2017, 05:14 PM

1,265 posts, read 821,902 times

Advertisements

Is there a setting that will automatically subscribe me to a thread when I post in it? I will get replies to my comments or quoted and then I forget to go back to that specific thread. I'm on another V-bulletin site and they do automatically. Thanks in advance!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 08:52 PM

26,530 posts, read 47,101,493 times
Click On "Thread Tools" just at top of the posts click on "Subscribe to this Thread"...

I'm not sure how to have it set automatically...

Old 04-20-2017, 09:24 PM

15,803 posts, read 10,450,420 times
You can go to My Settings (top left)

Then, under control panel (top left), choose Edit Options from Settings and Options section.
Scroll to Messaging and Notification
At Default Theead Subscription Mode, choose No Email Notification (or whatever your preference is)

Now you'll automatically be subscribed to every thread you start or post in. You'll see active threads when you choose My Settings

Old 04-20-2017, 09:29 PM

48,692 posts, read 69,817,978 times
Subscribe to threads of your interest. Then when you click on subscribed forums, look for the little arrows on the left of each thread. They mean that you posted on that thread.
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Minnesota,
Economics, Investing, Personal Finance, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 04-21-2017, 05:20 AM

15,671 posts, read 10,086,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
Is there a setting that will automatically subscribe me to a thread when I post in it? I will get replies to my comments or quoted and then I forget to go back to that specific thread. I'm on another V-bulletin site and they do automatically. Thanks in advance!
If it helps mate..... If you don't want to miss a reply to yourself the best way is to type your screen name in the search button at the top of the screen and when the box appears press the search posts button not the thread button and all posts of yours that's been quoted will appear

Old 04-21-2017, 08:55 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 2,767,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
You can go to My Settings (top left)

Then, under control panel (top left), choose Edit Options from Settings and Options section.
Scroll to Messaging and Notification
At Default Theead Subscription Mode, choose No Email Notification (or whatever your preference is)

Now you'll automatically be subscribed to every thread you start or post in. You'll see active threads when you choose My Settings
And make sure you 'Save' those new settings after you're done. The 'save' button is at the very bottom of the really long list.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:54 AM

31,304 posts, read 30,582,833 times
I personally would like to see a member option where I can highlight or change the color of just that one thread I’m interested in but not have posted on, thus I can easily go back and scan for the threads of color or highlight.

Or the option of adding the “check mark” (without posting a comment) to threads of interest.

Old 04-21-2017, 12:24 PM

15,803 posts, read 10,450,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I personally would like to see a member option where I can highlight or change the color of just that one thread I’m interested in but not have posted on, thus I can easily go back and scan for the threads of color or highlight.

Or the option of adding the “check mark” (without posting a comment) to threads of interest.
You can subscribe to any thread - not just those you post in. Just click Thread Tools (top middle) and choose Subscribe to this Thread. Then when you click My Settings, it'll show any subscribed threads that had activity since you last read it.

Thank you Robino for adding that crucial last step - save!

Old 04-26-2017, 05:35 PM

1,265 posts, read 821,902 times
LOL, this thread is completely what I was talking about. I forgot to ever come back and look! Thank you all for the answers and thank you Toosie for the rep that made me realize this was responded to!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum