U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2018, 07:01 AM

7,082 posts, read 10,701,693 times

Advertisements

I want to hide the posts from someone I do not click with and who seems to need to post after every one of my posts. No interest in what this person has to say, but was curious about whether they could still see my posts. I don't care if she does, her posts have no value to me, but just curious and have no desire to respond to her. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2018, 07:21 AM

4,690 posts, read 9,309,385 times
Nope, not unless you remove the ignore.

You also see threads they start.

I wish threads were hidden and posts had a 'spoiler'-like reveal....

Old 01-14-2018, 07:24 AM

40,159 posts, read 69,462,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
I want to hide the posts from someone I do not click with and who seems to need to post after every one of my posts. No interest in what this person has to say, but was curious about whether they could still see my posts. I don't care if she does, her posts have no value to me, but just curious and have no desire to respond to her. Thanks.
Yes, they can still see your posts.
You are "Ignoring," not "Blocking."

In lieu of the full post, you will see their Username with this below it:
"This message is hidden because "Arrogant Fool!"(I made that up just now. ) is on your ignore list. "

"Ignore" just means that their posts are hidden from you unless you click on "View Post" at the far right in the line with their name.

I find it helpful with trolls, as it requires that one more click to see their mess, and to engage.
That pings my consciousness with a reminder that I prefer not to engage.
But, if someone quotes them, you will see their post, just like any other quoted post.

The reality is, as big kids, we need to have the wisdom and discipline to avoid entanglement with people of base behavior.
Another click to view junk helps support that.

Old 01-14-2018, 08:01 AM

8,086 posts, read 4,342,158 times
"Click with"? This is an Internet forum not a dating site. People are going to post opinions, even opinions you don't like. Just use ignore.

Old 01-14-2018, 08:25 AM

Eh, they can talk into the ether, then. Thanks!

Old 01-14-2018, 09:37 AM

40,159 posts, read 69,462,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Eh, they can talk into the ether, then. Thanks!
To follow up..... Am I now on Ignore?

Old 01-14-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaquish View Post
to follow up..... Am i now on ignore?
:d :d
n e v e r :d:d

I don't know what happened to my emoji or all caps, haha.

Old 01-14-2018, 06:55 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 2,858,362 times
If you start the post with all caps, it will automatically revert them to lower case. All caps, in the internet world, means you're yelling.

This is to shut down those that tend to type with all caps.

As for your emoji... I think you were trying to do this one? use a p instead of the d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum