Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 10:58 PM

3,177 posts, read 2,743,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
By the way has admin started to answer dm's 'cause I aint getting no satisfaction. Been waiting over two months now.

P.S over stock doesn't ship to the UK.
As I mentioned in this thread, residents of places that Overstock doesn't ship to can get a replacement card. I will look for your DM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 11:28 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,898,898 times
So anyway about my serendipitous plan for the use of my lovely gift voucher.

Turns out that it's nearly the anniversary of me "meeting" that lovely fella right here on CD and I'd been scouring the internets and racking my brain trying to come up with a heartfelt gift to mark the occasion.

Enter CD yet again with a lovely and most appreciated surprise gift voucher to overstocked. (can't believe how neatly it all fitted into place! )

Being from overseas and not able to have my gift delivered here wasn't an issue for me because I just picked out what I wanted to give him and got him to put the order in and have it delivered directly to him.

Oh and I chose this beautiful wooden sculpture from the worldstock range which pleases me no end on so many levels! And he loves it too!

THANK YOU SO MUCH CD!!! I hit the jackpot landing here!

Old 03-20-2009, 11:27 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,137,084 times
Congratulations to all the winners!!!

.............and love your "love story" Moony!!!

Old 03-21-2009, 06:12 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,481,729 times
Congratulations everyone! Good job and happy posting!

Old 03-21-2009, 06:15 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,481,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Turns out that it's nearly the anniversary of me "meeting" that lovely fella right here on CD and I'd been scouring the internets and racking my brain trying to come up with a heartfelt gift to mark the occasion.

!
That is a great story.....and on CD you met him that is awesome!
I met my husband on the internet also, and we have been married 2 years. That's how I got from Utah to Oklahoma. I am a firm believer love can happen on the internet!

Old 03-22-2009, 03:25 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,941,346 times
A CD love story--awesome! So, instead of remembering things like where you went on a first date or who kissed whom first... do you remember which thread you first saw each other, and who repped whom first?

BTW congrats on winning the award. I've seen a few of your posts and enjoyed what you had to say.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:52 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,454,568 times
i used my gift certificate to buy sony vegas 9, which is video editing software that i have needed for work for a couple of months now. so i really appreciate this. thanks. aaron out.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:08 AM

1,894 posts, read 6,463,886 times
Picked up a 50 piece wood working clamp set with my gift card. Thanks again C-D!
50-piece Clamp Set from Overstock.com
Cheap yes...but am I a Norm Abrams? Heck no! They'll be just fine for me!

Old 04-08-2009, 02:12 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,898,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
Congratulations to all the winners!!!

.............and love your "love story" Moony!!!
ha! Thanks sweetie! Can't stop humming the theme from Love Story now! haha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
That is a great story.....and on CD you met him that is awesome!
I met my husband on the internet also, and we have been married 2 years. That's how I got from Utah to Oklahoma. I am a firm believer love can happen on the internet!
Thanks chickrae. It is pretty awesome! I'm really lucky!
Excellent to hear your story too! Yep, you sure can find love on the internet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
A CD love story--awesome! So, instead of remembering things like where you went on a first date or who kissed whom first... do you remember which thread you first saw each other, and who repped whom first?

BTW congrats on winning the award. I've seen a few of your posts and enjoyed what you had to say.
Thanks normie. haha! Yep! I bumped the thread where we "met" last week for our "anniversary". Just amazing that we managed to go from such a small thread to each of us travelling to the other side of the world to spend time with each other!

Anyway, I just want to say thanks to CD again. We tracked our gift all the way from Denpasar Indonesia till it arrived at its destination looking even more lovely than the pictures and I can't wait to get over to the US at Christmas and see it! Thanks again!

Old 04-13-2009, 01:35 PM

11,050 posts, read 24,020,110 times
Thanks again, Admin, your dedication to getting gift cards to folks who aren't in the usual shipping routes is above and beyond the call of duty!

An interesting thing with gift cards is the shift in shopping perceptions they engender. Generally one goes shopping for something sort of specific, yet with a gift card, it isn't about buying a specific item as it is having the purchasing power at a certain place. The shift seems small but in reality it is a monumental difference in shopping perspective. So far there has been a delicious long amount of time spent looking at different items on Amazon.com since Overstock.com doesn't consider my area a good place to ship things. The online shopping cart has been filled up and then emptied out and refilled several times just contemplating the options. So far, the gift card is all potential and that is a delightful thing all in itself. What a joy! At the moment, most of the items seem to tend towards books and knitting needles which may be a comment about the amount of rain we've had, but perhaps today things will be ordered and then the post office can be haunted to see the wonderful things arrive.

I just adore the internet! Thanks, Admin!

A hui hou!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum