Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2007, 08:32 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times

Advertisements

Good morning! In light of the fact that the general PA forum is now becoming congested with Scranton/Wilkes-Barre and Pocono-related threads that are beginning to irritate a few members, is it now time to consider adding a third sub-forum to Pennsylvania for "Scranton/Wilkes-Barre" or "Northeastern Pennsylvania?" I posted a recent poll on the PA forum entitled "What Part of PA Are You Moving To?" just out of sheer curiosity. It came as no surprise to me that the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre/Pocono area dominated the poll. I also recall a couple of months ago when I polled PA members for where in the state they thought most needed a new sub-forum, if any, and this area once again lead the poll. I don't want to seem biased here, as I'm known as a cheerleader of sorts for that area, but I'll agree that it is becoming increasingly difficult to locate information about other PA cities (Erie, Lancaster, State College, etc.) while wading through a sea of Scranton/Wilkes-Barre/Pocono-related threads.

Thanks in advance for the consideration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2007, 08:49 AM

3,177 posts, read 2,742,967 times
OK, I'll create one soon.

Old 05-24-2007, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
OK, I'll create one soon.
Thank you very much. I know I brought this topic up late last-year, and we all came to a consensus that one might be needed by the summer of this year, but it wasn't needed at the time. I feel as if the PA forum would be much less cluttered if it wasn't so directly-oriented around NEPA. Perhaps when those threads are all moved, people from other parts of the state will feel more comfortable in starting new threads and getting responses.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:03 AM

3,073 posts, read 11,572,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
Thank you very much. I know I brought this topic up late last-year, and we all came to a consensus that one might be needed by the summer of this year, but it wasn't needed at the time. I feel as if the PA forum would be much less cluttered if it wasn't so directly-oriented around NEPA. Perhaps when those threads are all moved, people from other parts of the state will feel more comfortable in starting new threads and getting responses.
At first I thought you were suggesting that they make a sub-forum dedicated to you, lol.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
At first I thought you were suggesting that they make a sub-forum dedicated to you, lol.
Naw. If anything, they should create one for MoMark. He was a legend on here who will always be fondly recalled. I actually cried when I learned of his death because we used to be quite close on here in late 2006 before we both grew distant. I had been meaning to "re-connect" with him because I liked his insight, but I never got that chance. Let this be a lesson to everyone to NOT put off communicating with someone until a more "opportune" time arises, as it may be too late in the end.

Old 05-25-2007, 06:10 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
LOL...I thought the same thing!

SWB, you're absolutely right. I've been reconnecting with people since 9/11 and, let me tell you, it's been very rewarding. I would encourage anyone and everyone to do it.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:03 PM

The NEPA sub-forum on the General PA forum has been very popular and well-received. We're already twice as popular as the Philadelphia sub-forum and will soon be eclipsing the Pittsburgh sub-forum as well in terms of traffic. Thanks very much, Mr. Administrator, for making it happen!

P.S. With that being said I'll send you a PM later to ask that two Lehigh Valley-related threads on there be moved back to the general PA forum. It appears as if some potential newcomers are confused now as to whether the Lehigh Valley (Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton) is NEPA, Philly, or General PA. Perhaps a "sticky" can be posted at the top of the NEPA sub-forum indicating that it is intended to cover only the following eight counties:

Carbon (Jim Thorpe/Lehighton)
Lackawanna (Scranton)
Luzerne (Wilkes-Barre/Hazleton)
Monroe (Mt. Pocono/Stroudsburg)
Pike (Milford)
Susquehanna (Montrose)
Wayne (Honesdale/Hawley/Hamlin)
Wyoming (Tunkhannock)

I say this because I don't think those who are now posting about the Lehigh Valley on the NEPA sub-forum are going to be getting much help from people who gravitate around the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre/Pocono area. Thanks!

Last edited by SteelCityRising; 06-06-2007 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: Typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum