Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 01:55 PM

190 posts, read 706,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arm&Hammer View Post
Oh I been waiting to see comments like that lol

The original Iberians are decents of Berbers a very long time ago (northern Africans)... But when you mentioned little Arab and Berbers, unless we talking about non-spanairds in northern Spain who are mostly Germanic and Celtics immigrants to northern Iberia. But to say Spanish people who have little Arab and Berber (or even Sephardic Jew) are not even fully Spaniard because Spanish people are as much descendants to their arab roots as in arabic influences in Spanish language and culture, as an example. And a lot of these people left Spain to Latin Americas and North America. Some of them may not be Spanish,but spanish speaking Jews or Arabs. It is believed that Christopher columbus was a Jew!

I also want to mentioned that Berber langauge comes from East Africa around Samolia all the way down to the tip of Keyna, so the ancient Berbers must looked like East Africans.

Im not sure but i think iberians didnt come from north africa, the most accepted theory is that they came to the peninsula from the east by the mediterranean sea. On the other hand, i must say i think you dont have so much idea of our history when you say "non spaniards" in north of celtic, germanic roots... Celtics were in north, central spain and portugal at the same time than iberians were in the south, east...finally the two peoples were mixed, these tribes were called "hispanos" or hispanics in english, so i dont know what you mean when you say non spaniards lol both are ancestor of us, then the romans came, then the goths, (are those you mean when you talk about germanic?) because they were one of many barbarian tribes that invaded all Europe after the fall of Rome, and then they lost part of the territory by the arabs since the end of the reconquista in 1492 that they recovered the last territory, granada. I agree, many spaniards have jewish or arab, roman, celtic, iberian, phoenician, iberian, bla bla and all them are part of Spain and of its culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 02:23 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,187,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodworkingmenace View Post
...They are all nomads, bedoin tent dwellers, that move from this place to that place, and pick up strays from each place they go, who become part of thier gatherings....Jesse
Jesse, you need to do some serious homework on Bedoin.

Old 11-19-2011, 02:32 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
According to the recent DNA study Berbers are Caucasoid Arabs, even though they have Sub-Saharan; Black African ancestry. They possess a genetic profile that is intermediate between Europeans and Sub-Saharan Africans and have a close genetic relationship with Mediterranean Europeans but also possess some characteristics of Sub-Saharan Africans.
So, technically they are a mixture of Xanthochroi (White European) and Melanochroi (Mediterranean).

Berbers represent 80% of the population in Morocco and Algeria, more than 60% in Tunisia and Libya and 2% in Egypt, making up more than 50 million people. In addition there are about 4 million Berbers living in Europe, primarily in France.
Sure sounds like there was an awful lot of boat traffic across the Mediterranean! (at night, for lewd purposes). LOL

See how dumb I am? I didn't even know these people existed? Thank you for giving me an opportunity to learn something new today, Tiger Beer.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-19-2011, 03:28 PM

633 posts, read 1,644,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailarina View Post
Im not sure but i think iberians didnt come from north africa, the most accepted theory is that they came to the peninsula from the east by the mediterranean sea. On the other hand, i must say i think you dont have so much idea of our history when you say "non spaniards" in north of celtic, germanic roots... Celtics were in north, central spain and portugal at the same time than iberians were in the south, east...finally the two peoples were mixed, these tribes were called "hispanos" or hispanics in english, so i dont know what you mean when you say non spaniards lol both are ancestor of us, then the romans came, then the goths, (are those you mean when you talk about germanic?) because they were one of many barbarian tribes that invaded all Europe after the fall of Rome, and then they lost part of the territory by the arabs since the end of the reconquista in 1492 that they recovered the last territory, granada. I agree, many spaniards have jewish or arab, roman, celtic, iberian, phoenician, iberian, bla bla and all them are part of Spain and of its culture.
Ok, much better but I was not trying to say Spainard dont have Germanic or Celts just northern spain dont feel very Spanish. To me Canarians good example of Spainards.

Well I did read some studies that believed the Iberians were from North Africans, but maybe east by the mediterranean sea from the African coast.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Ok, much better but I was not trying to say Spainard dont have Germanic or Celts just northern spain dont feel very Spanish. To me Canarians good example of Spainards.

Well I did read some studies that believed the Iberians were from North Africans, but maybe east by the mediterranean sea from the African coast.
There is nationalism in many regions of Spain, not just in north...Funny that you name Canarias, because i think that they have a strong conection with berebers by the guanches, the inhabitants of canary islands, that were subjected at the same time than the reconquest, more or less, and there are a strong nationalist sentiment there, many of theme doesnt feel very spanish either. My point is Spain is very very very diverse, very regionalist too.

Last edited by bailarina; 11-19-2011 at 04:07 PM..

Old 11-19-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
There is nationalism in many regions of Spain, not just in north...Funny that you name Canarias, because i think that they have a strong conection with berebers by the guanches, the inhabitants of canary islands, that were subjected at the same time than the reconquest, more or less, and there are a strong nationalist sentiment there, many of theme doesnt feel very spanish either. My point is Spain is very very very diverse, very regionalist too.
Some info about iberians:Iberians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-19-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Guess we all have different opinion of what very spanish lol and i do know about the berber in Canarians and strong arab roots.

Old 11-19-2011, 11:03 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,996,717 times
Quote:
Oh I been waiting to see comments like that lol

The original Iberians are decents of Berbers a very long time ago (northern Africans)... But when you mentioned little Arab and Berbers, unless we talking about non-spanairds in northern Spain who are mostly Germanic and Celtics immigrants to northern Iberia. But to say Spanish people who have little Arab and Berber (or even Sephardic Jew) are not even fully Spaniard because Spanish people are as much descendants to their arab roots as in arabic influences in Spanish language and culture, as an example. And a lot of these people left Spain to Latin Americas and North America. Some of them may not be Spanish,but spanish speaking Jews or Arabs. It is believed that Christopher columbus was a Jew!

So what your trying to say is that the Iberians originated from North Africa?

Old 11-20-2011, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
So what your trying to say is that the Iberians originated from North Africa?
I'm trying to say they are descendants from North Africans.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:48 AM

1,733 posts, read 1,822,038 times
The Sahara desert has probably been a much bigger barrier to gene flow than the mediterranean sea. Putting the entirety of Africa in one continent bracket beacuse of the way it looks on a map was probably not the best idea. The Romans considered the mediterranean coast as a "continental" unit. I expect the present system dates back to lines drawn by religon, rather than ethnicity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa