Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 04:25 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,071,134 times

Advertisements

As many of you all know there is a nationwide protests in the US which have gone global.The media would have you think that these protests are about one individual it is about the progress and mistreatment of black people worldwide.

Nigeria and Kenya have protested that I know of so far. The African Union has made a statement of condemnation, more needs to be done.. Collectively any attack on Africa and its children we need to be collectively condemn.

African Americans are demanding REPARATIONS! If you are protesting worldwide please change your signs to REPARATIONS!

Laws need to reflect fairness for all US citizens and reparations are needed for African Americans. We as a people can not progress without this collective unity.

Additionally, please be aware and pay attention to what is happening in the background. There is always chaos while bad deeds are being planned. This is also a very convenient distraction. BE AWARE! Don't be surprised if there isn't a planned attack on our people in Africa! Let's stand strong globally!

How will have respond?
Will the protests cause another supposed outbreak of COVID?
Will the recent events spark the awakening for the diaspora to return to Africa?
Will more African countries offer dual citizenship to the diaspora?
Will you demand reparations?
Will these protests on the continent end ethnic divisions? It should, poverty is our enemy/sin and leads to easy tensions/clashes, we must progress! One Africa!

Last edited by bayarea-girl; 06-03-2020 at 04:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2020, 05:09 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,884,538 times
What was shouted in Boston ,"Only Black Lives Matter "

Old 06-04-2020, 03:23 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,906,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
As many of you all know there is a nationwide protests in the US which have gone global.The media would have you think that these protests are about one individual it is about the progress and mistreatment of black people worldwide.

Nigeria and Kenya have protested that I know of so far. The African Union has made a statement of condemnation, more needs to be done.. Collectively any attack on Africa and its children we need to be collectively condemn.

African Americans are demanding REPARATIONS! If you are protesting worldwide please change your signs to REPARATIONS!

Laws need to reflect fairness for all US citizens and reparations are needed for African Americans. We as a people can not progress without this collective unity.

Additionally, please be aware and pay attention to what is happening in the background. There is always chaos while bad deeds are being planned. This is also a very convenient distraction. BE AWARE! Don't be surprised if there isn't a planned attack on our people in Africa! Let's stand strong globally!

How will have respond?
Will the protests cause another supposed outbreak of COVID?
Will the recent events spark the awakening for the diaspora to return to Africa?
Will more African countries offer dual citizenship to the diaspora?
Will you demand reparations?
Will these protests on the continent end ethnic divisions? It should, poverty is our enemy/sin and leads to easy tensions/clashes, we must progress! One Africa!
You need to choose your words better - An "uprising" suggest violent revolt (in fact the definition is "a usually localized act of popular violence in defiance usually of an established government".) What we saw was peaceful protest combined with arson and looting by those who wished to exploit these protests. Relatives of George Floyd and all black leaders have condemned the violence (i.e uprising) as a disgrace to the memory of Floyd and counterproductive to the ideals of MLK. Needless to say, those participating in looting and arson had no interest in collective unity and their "reparations" goal involved raiding liquor stores for free booze.

Reparations ain't happening in the current economic situation. Not to mention, no presidential candidate has supported the call (Biden mentioned a "commission to study reparations"...which is the same as saying no way). But why would Africans care about reparations to Americans? What they need is economic aid to them, not to Americans (and they will likewise be suffering from the COVID economic impact).

Old 06-04-2020, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
You need to choose your words better - An "uprising" suggest violent revolt (in fact the definition is "a usually localized act of popular violence in defiance usually of an established government".) What we saw was peaceful protest combined with arson and looting by those who wished to exploit these protests. Relatives of George Floyd and all black leaders have condemned the violence (i.e uprising) as a disgrace to the memory of Floyd and counterproductive to the ideals of MLK. Needless to say, those participating in looting and arson had no interest in collective unity and their "reparations" goal involved raiding liquor stores for free booze.

Reparations ain't happening in the current economic situation. Not to mention, no presidential candidate has supported the call (Biden mentioned a "commission to study reparations"...which is the same as saying no way). But why would Africans care about reparations to Americans? What they need is economic aid to them, not to Americans (and they will likewise be suffering from the COVID economic impact).
My title represents what is going on and what needed to happen in the USA. Whatever words you choose doesn't make lynchings of unarmed black men justifiable and something had to happen. I respect the rule of law as I am law abiding but you can not be peaceful with people who are supposed to uphold the laws set forth by those who do not abide by the same principles they expect others to follow.

Black leaders are not the people we see on TV. They can chant about peaceful protests to people who aren't peaceful that is their choice. That will not stop those that want to rise up and lend their voice to a cause and or defend themselves. The protesters are there for various reasons as there is a lot of politics involved, but for most black people it is not about Floyd but injustices they and their families have faced for centuries.

Reparation should happen and can happen at this time. Trillions of dollars were just released to businesses that didn't even need the bailout and can be given out just as easily. Not giving reparations at this time and or changing laws that are truly equal for all will only usher in more chaos. Africans should care about reparations as they are owed this as well. We need to have a collective and mighty voice. When African Americans are treated like Americans maybe my opinion will change.

No one wanted to reopen the country and were praying for a "second waive of COVID" maybe they will get their wish.

Last edited by bayarea-girl; 06-04-2020 at 04:47 PM..

Old 06-04-2020, 06:00 PM

Bayarea-girl ,you should also receive reparations for being a black lady in the US.

Old 06-04-2020, 06:43 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,906,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
My title represents what is going on and what needed to happen in the USA. Whatever words you choose doesn't make lynchings of unarmed black men justifiable and something had to happen. I respect the rule of law as I am law abiding but you can not be peaceful with people who are supposed to uphold the laws set forth by those who do not abide by the same principles they expect others to follow.

Black leaders are not the people we see on TV. They can chant about peaceful protests to people who aren't peaceful that is their choice. That will not stop those that want to rise up and lend their voice to a cause and or defend themselves. The protesters are there for various reasons as there is a lot of politics involved, but for most black people it is not about Floyd but injustices they and their families have faced for centuries.

Reparation should happen and can happen at this time. Trillions of dollars were just released to businesses that didn't even need the bailout and can be given out just as easily. Not giving reparations at this time and or changing laws that are truly equal for all will only usher in more chaos. Africans should care about reparations as they are owed this as well. We need to have a collective and mighty voice. When African Americans are treated like Americans maybe my opinion will change.

No one wanted to reopen the country and were praying for a "second waive of COVID" maybe they will get their wish.
OK so you are against peaceful protest and for violent protest. Understood. Your reasons are beyond the scope of this discussion, there are already many threads that discuss it, but maybe you can bash a store window in Kmart and carry off some large screen TV's tonight in order to give "a voice to the cause". Sad to say, I saw peaceful protests today, police kneeling and embracing protesters and working with the community. I know that dashes your hopes of an "uprising".

But I am still confusing why this impacts Africans. Sure they can peacefully protest as well, I'm all for the right to protest...hong kong, wherever. You realize that protests there in many african nations are not met with proclamations of understanding, barricades, and tolerance by there governments. And acts of violence are not met with rubber bullets, but lethal actions. Of course, most Africans are more focused on day to day living and finding out where their next meal comes from.

But reparations has me confused - from who exactly would Africa request this from? The Atlantic slave trade from Africa to the Americas (mostly South America and the Caribbean) was conducted by the Kingdom of Spain, the United Kingdom, the Kingdom of Netherlands, and Portugal...and also between African tribes at the time (16th to 18th century). It ended in the early 1800s (earlier in some US states). So who exactly will they request reparations from? The Netherlands? Brazil? The 17th century African Kingdom of Dahomey (who became very rich from the slave trade by the way)?

Last edited by Dd714; 06-04-2020 at 06:55 PM..

Old 06-04-2020, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Bayarea-girl ,you should also receive reparations for being a black lady in the US.
I am not seeking reparations and don't believe I or anyone in my family is entitled to them. I spend the same amount of time in Africa as I do in the states, I will spend less time in the states altogether don't you worry!

Old 06-04-2020, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
OK so you are against peaceful protest and for violent protest. Understood. Your reasons are beyond the scope of this discussion, there are already many threads that discuss it, but maybe you can bash a store window in Kmart and carry off some large screen TV's tonight in order to give "a voice to the cause". Sad to say, I saw peaceful protests today, police kneeling and embracing protesters and working with the community. I know that dashes your hopes of an "uprising".

But I am still confusing why this impacts Africans. Sure they can peacefully protest as well, I'm all for the right to protest...hong kong, wherever. You realize that protests there in many african nations are not met with proclamations of understanding, barricades, and tolerance by there governments. And acts of violence are not met with rubber bullets, but lethal actions. Of course, most Africans are more focused on day to day living and finding out where their next meal comes from.

But reparations has me confused - from who exactly would Africa request this from? The Atlantic slave trade from Africa to the Americas (mostly South America and the Caribbean) was conducted by the Kingdom of Spain, the United Kingdom, the Kingdom of Netherlands, and Portugal...and also between African tribes at the time (16th to 18th century). It ended in the early 1800s (earlier in some US states). So who exactly will they request reparations from? The Netherlands? Brazil? The 17th century African Kingdom of Dahomey (who became very rich from the slave trade by the way)?
Peaceful protests are good but I am not against people that are frustrated or who are demanding real change. When police officers burn down buildings during these protests and black businesses what do you expect these peaceful people to do , especially when people with bows and arrows, cars used as weapons, and children are being pepper sprayed and or tear gas put into the crowd. There is a difference between looting and protesting and paid protestors/distractors, I believe you are the one that is taking things out of context.

So far at least three nations in Africa have protested they weren't meant with violent attacks. Actually African nations do protest and the protestors usually turn violent against one another. I was sharing my message of reparations for those people that are already protesting in and out of Africa.

The idea of reparations I know bothers many of you because you don't want to correct actions that have been condoned for years and want to keep things the way they have been. Many African countries have been looted, many banks currently hold money from African nations, quos were orchestrated, and crimes against humanity in forms of genocide have been committed to name a few reasons the AU would be seeking reparations as they have done in the past, I can go on and on. Actions that affect the continent more Africans in the diaspora will speak out and actions done to us in the diaspora it is fully expected that our continent speak out in support. When Jews sought reparations it was figured out who owed them and they get paid till this very day. Same thing happened for the Japanese and the same should happen for African Americans, they did not choose to be in North America.

It should be noted that reparations shouldn't be based solely on slavery for the African American but their sufferage and stolen wealth from the time the USA formed through this very day which was nothing short of terrorism.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:04 PM

Bayarea-girl, perhaps you should choose to get your news from other than Twitter or the other source you use."cops burning buildings "
I find you fun to read but you can stop with the over the top drama.

Old 06-05-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Bayarea-girl, perhaps you should choose to get your news from other than Twitter or the other source you use."cops burning buildings "
I find you fun to read but you can stop with the over the top drama.
So I don't have a twitter account, but don't get my news from one source nor should anyone If people are only getting their news from Fox, CNN or any mainstream media source people should realize by now that these outlets only promote a specific agenda and the newscasters are actors at this point . You finding any enjoyment and attempts of deflecting real issues speaks volumes.

There is a serious racial issue in the USA which is why there are protests to begin with. If you find this dramatic read other posts.
Your attempts to put me down are just that, attempts. The truth is out there for many too see

All protests by black people in the USA have started off peaceful but get insurgents that turn it into violence but the world sees black people as the face of the destruction.

This same man can be seen throwing in one of those molotov cocktails (bombs) into the police station

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roCd4qX0Vj0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoytOaXU5fc

Random bricks are conveniently located at these protests, black people aren't putting these bricks there. Please pay attention to the fact that these are white people dressed all in black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fvHjgnWI_Y

Bow and Arrow man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgwxvhcxTlc

Wheelchair woman who lied about being attack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7lsFkeORDk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz26mVXziIw

There are some very genuine white people that are protesting but there are several agendas at this protest and at the end of the day black people need justice which include reparations.

Your own President constantly states that the news media outlets present fake news and he is right!

Last edited by bayarea-girl; 06-05-2020 at 08:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa