Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2019, 01:00 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,433,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
If you take all what $$.
Quote:
AAs are consumers and spend a lot of money, on average are substantially in debt (I've seen some positive changes in this area), AAs make US companies rich with paid and unpaid labor and through the judicial system.
I think you answered your own question?

This country cannot survive without us, and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2019, 02:04 PM

264 posts, read 134,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post

This country cannot survive without us, and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know history.
if AAS get reparations.... how the hell Will the US pay native-Americans? there is no enough money to pay a whole continent back.

Old 12-20-2019, 02:24 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,037,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post

Right now the US government and many countries have been importing talent especially from Africa. Many things are becoming automated so many things will change the climate for many groups. The need for Africa and its resources will increase. African Americans are vitally needed in the US primarily for the population growth numbers (birth rates are LOW for certain groups in the US and for certain groups the life expectancy isn't high amongst men) and commercial value. I see the browning of the US being more and more of a thing in the coming years. No one said the AA wasn't important to the US society.

Old 12-20-2019, 02:48 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,433,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
if AAS get reparations.... how the hell Will the US pay native-Americans? there is no enough money to pay a whole continent back.
The US knows exactly what it owes, and to whom it owes. I am not concerned with the people on reservations who are currently getting benefits. They can deal with their own issues. After all, that's what independent nations do.

Old 12-20-2019, 04:46 PM

4,364 posts, read 4,560,577 times
Quote:
Wait one second!!!! You are comparing the holocaust to the year of return? Really? Africans didn't bring drugs to the AA community, didn't sterilize AAs and its people that fought in its wars, didn't lynch, didn't burn down your communities, didn't mass incarnate you, I can go on and on but this sounds like a holocaust if not genocide but you are fighting to be American? Again, not sure why you aren't fighting and focusing on the real enemy specifically as it pertains to loss in equity and equality.
The man doesn't want Black people to go Back to Africa because it's White Supremacist sentiments but he wants us to remain here in America with the White Supremacist. The very country that White Supremacist created. Dude is bonkers and all over the place.

Old 12-20-2019, 09:11 PM

315 posts, read 381,024 times
Default Good Lord!

Quote:
this man claims to be black, gay, jew, Columbia graduated, and some other fabricated BS.
Judging by the shallowness of his comments i can strongly speculate he is a white man.
He's trying to be everything under the sun. His posts were inauthentic and agree with you on the shallowness of his comments. Yes, he's a racist white man.

Old 12-20-2019, 10:02 PM

Default Willfully Ignorant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Clearly you won't read it because your not the brightest person at all. Hard for you to comprehend common sense so I get it. Here's the thing most black people in America aren't centered around Pan Africanism. But you do realize because I was, I was more conscious of comments made about Africa and how Black people identify themselves because of who I was. If Black people see me rocking some clothes with historical black figures or talk about Africa, I would regularly get responses like "Awww man, here he go with this Back to Africa sh*t".

The fact is we are conditioned to not have a connection with our ancestral homeland and it started from slavery. So yes Black people are not focused on Africa but when it's presented not even force but presented a lot of our people respond negatively. It's obvious you know nothing of the sorts so it doesn't pertain to you. You clearly didn't grow up with Continental Africans or any Black people of a diverse background.

And also in predominately black communities generally people are a little bit more consciously aware of other ethnic groups than you believe. One because the work I do in my community and have done since childhood allows me to speak to the people. Two, because often black communities are co-opted by Arabs/Asians who do business in black communities and usually don't do right by these black communities at their place of business. So Black people are very aware of other ethnic groups because it affects their communities.

Your right though, hit dogs do holla, so do you want to continue to holla like a ***** or speak intelligently on the subject?

As far as me quoting American, I honestly don't like to label myself American. We are African, Americanized Africans. We shouldn't give ourselves the oppressors label they created for themselves. Hence: "American". And were not treated as such.

Why would I want to pretend to be African American if in your eyes we think African Americans are inferior? You react off of emotion not logic. Pathetic, funny but pathetic.

Wrong again. The delusional of grandeur is strong with you. I've never been envious, suffered an inferiority complex, nor been jealous of an African immigrant from a struggling 3rd world country. Not when so-called superior minded African countries failed to become a superpower.

For all your faux superiority complex, for all your history in maintaining the native tribal tongue, culture, and customs, etc., your nations are in abject poverty, classism, stunning corruption throughout governments, numerous wars, lack of infrastructure, famine, lack of opportunities, relying on aid from western countries, and risking life and limbs to leave your homeland for a better life outside of the continent. Not only that, China is colonizing Kenya, and making their way across the continent. Very rarely do the people benefit from trade because African leaders hoard riches for themselves.

Such temerity absolutely astounds me considering African Americans culture is more popular than yours. Projecting your shortcomings and using reverse psychology doesn't work here. Noting in your posts illustrates logic in the least bit.

Old 12-20-2019, 11:00 PM

Quote:
the problem with that argument is that if you look at history almost all of the heading figures of the black liberation movement have been immigrants or first generation Americans.

W. E. B. Du Bois father was Haitian
Marcus Garvey was Jamaican
Malcom X mother was from Grenada
Carlos Cooks was from the Domincan Rep.
Edward Wilmot Blyden was Liberian
Stokely Carmichael was from Trinidad

The list is Long.

They came from abroad to set you free, and now you say they have no business?
Maybe as before, foreigners have a better understanding of what this silly reparations movements entails.
it seems like local AAs saw a $$$ sign and lost their minds. willing to sell years of struggle for a couple of bucks (because judging by what other reparations movements in history got, thats all they will get) maybe it is a bad idea.

History will read as this:

"They saw a dollar sign and shut their ears, Did not hear their historical allies, vilified them, attacked them, call them intrusive, aliens"

No wonder Ann Coulter loves this reparation movement BS.
this just furthers divides the black vote, and i think the white Establishment is under the impression they can shut black mouths with cash, it seems to be working.
Just because you list first-generation American allies with African Americans, the same tired list of notables most of you keep posting from past involvement in the black liberation movement doesn't mean we're allies today. What has happened since the '60s? Nothing. There are no contemporaries heading into 2020. Allies are being drowned out by the loud voice of so-called hard working 2nd, 3rd generation showing contempt and disdain for AAs. When AAs clap back, none can handle it. Oh well, sorry for ya. AAs are now in the post Civil Rights Era and are about action, not melancholy about failed black liberation movement that led us nothing to show for our efforts and lives lost.

AAs reparations have nothing to do with people like you, and when you come across as defeatist and make flippant statements about AAs reparations movement being silly, you're proving my stance on outsiders keeping their noses out of AAs business and have no earthly clue as to how to be an ally. None of the people in your post share the sentiment of AA reparations, freedom, equality being silly. They were in the fight with us, and Malcolm X died fighting for AAs. But not the new, more divisive generation lacking the backbone for the fight AAs have always had to fight in America.

American History books? Oh please. I'm unsure as to why you brought up Ann Colter when she hs nothing to do with this topic. She's repeated what black activists have stated for decades. But know this, I don't give a solitary damn whether you or anyone else believes AAs reparations will materialize or not because it's not about you and your brethren. All you have done was prove AAs have little to none allies or friends after the heyday of the Civil Rights movement. Since you deem it a pipe dream, it should be much easier for you to mind your business and keep it moving. The black vote, ergo, African American vote is still not your concern. Guilt trip someone else as it's a beautiful new day to vote the way we want to. I doubt you'd have the same disdain for the African and Caribbean lobbies pushing their political agenda forward in demanding reciprocity to push their platform forward.

But not AAs. We must vote lockstep with democrats without our agenda being addressed. Election night is going to be lit.

Old 12-21-2019, 01:57 AM

Default Jesus Holy Christ Help You!

Quote:
Wait one second!!!! You are comparing the holocaust to the year of return? Really? Africans didn't bring drugs to the AA community, didn't sterilize AAs and its people that fought in its wars, didn't lynch, didn't burn down your communities, didn't mass incarnate you, I can go on and on but this sounds like a holocaust if not genocide but you are fighting to be American? Again, not sure why you aren't fighting and focusing on the real enemy specifically as it pertains to loss in equity and equality.
First of all, I am American and so are my people. That is an undeniable fact. Second of all, yes, comparisons between the Jewish holocaust and the African American holocaust are accurate and true. And? An ally wouldn't have reacted in the manner as you have. Next time, take a long hard look in the mirror before accusing me of being emotional, hypocrite. The Ghanaians who've participated in the slave trade sold my ancestors into slavery are partly responsible for every single curse you listed. Blame shifting and victim-blaming prove you're not allying with AAs. AAs have worked hard to fight back and overcome everything and everyone against us. We are truly a peculiar people. We are not the same people fighting the same enemy, nor will AAs accept sole blame for divisions between Africans when WE didn't create the problem in the first place.

Ghana is using AAs for profit. Again. The origins of destroying AA ancestors are found here:

"As early as the 1500s, the settlers’ interest turned to the slave trade in light of the growing demand for human labor in the New World (the Americas and the Caribbean). From holding gold, ivory and other wares, the castles gradually imprisoned slaves, who were reduced to yet another commodity. The majestic fortresses along Ghana’s breathtaking coast housed dark dungeons, overflowing with misery and despair, right up until the slave trade was gradually abolished by each of the colonial powers in the first half of the 1800s. But by this point, the irreversible and immeasurable damage was done, and from West Africa alone it is estimated that six million slaves had been shipped to other countries. About 10-15% perished at sea during the so-called Middle Passage, never reaching their final destination.......

Up to 1,000 male and 500 female slaves were shackled and crammed in the castle’s dank, poorly ventilated dungeons, with no space to lie down and very little light. Without water or sanitation, the floor of the dungeon was littered with human waste and many captives fell seriously ill. The men were separated from the women, and the captors regularly raped the helpless women. The castle also featured confinement cells — small pitch-black spaces for prisoners who revolted or were seen as rebellious. Once the slaves set foot in the castle, they could spend up to three months in captivity under these dreadful conditions before being shipped off to the New World."

https://theculturetrip.com/africa/gh...an-cape-coast/

Old 12-21-2019, 02:14 AM

Default Make it Make Sense, Lord. AMEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
The man doesn't want Black people to go Back to Africa because it's White Supremacist sentiments but he wants us to remain here in America with the White Supremacist. The very country that White Supremacist created. Dude is bonkers and all over the place.
#1. I'm a woman, not a man or a dude. #2. African Americans are not required to go back to Africa when our country is America. #3. If the very country that white supremacists created was so bad, then why are black immigrants immigrating here? I swear some of you don't have to good sense God gave you. Or this is gaslighting. Either way, black immigrants brag about being talented, but you're breaking your backs and in most cases, risking life and limb to immigrate to white supremacist country for better opportunities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa