Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2019, 11:05 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,462,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I think in the early 20th century it would have been hard for someone who was a 100 percent or close Black to get a good education (no money, having to work in the fields). Mixed race people sometimes got money from their white parents to attend some place like Howard University. As they did not get the same privileges as 100% white people, they used the education and the resources they got to fight for civil rights.

Again, stop with your ignorance. I'm starting to believe the person who said you're pretending to be black. Booker T. Washington is alleged (keyword here) to have a white father. Even if that's true, he didn't know or receive any financial assistance from him. Your WS face is showing. Stop speaking on our culture when you don't know what you're talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2019, 03:04 PM

264 posts, read 136,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Again, stop with your ignorance. I'm starting to believe the person who said you're pretending to be black. Booker T. Washington is alleged (keyword here) to have a white father. Even if that's true, he didn't know or receive any financial assistance from him. Your WS face is showing. Stop speaking on our culture when you don't know what you're talking about.
Howard univirsity was founded for the mixed race, not blacks. Thats just true.

Old 12-26-2019, 03:08 PM

264 posts, read 136,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Indeed the first Black President was raised by his white mother's family. He was mixed race and his father was a Kenyan Muslim.

The woman credited as the first African American woman to win an Oscar, Halle Berry is mixed race too.

Eric Holder, the first Black attorney general looks pretty mixed race to me too. He is West Indian (Barbados). You just mentioned Kamala Harris.

I just mentioned it in response to CaribNY speaking of the broad diversity of Black people. He's right, and to me the truth is important.

I think in the early 20th century it would have been hard for someone who was a 100 percent or close Black to get a good education (no money, having to work in the fields). Mixed race people sometimes got money from their white parents to attend some place like Howard University. As they did not get the same privileges as 100% white people, they used the education and the resources they got to fight for civil rights.

Instead of ADOS attacking them they should be crediting them. People like Thurgood Marshall argued cases in federal court when it was almost unheard of for a person of color to be able to do that.

So you and CaribNY are probably right about ADOS being a troll group created by Russians or far whites, ANYONE familiar with the civil rights history knows very well Thurgood Marshall, Rosa Parks, Adam Clayton Powell were clearly mixed race people.

Rosa Parks was not the first woman to be arrested for giving up her seat. A teenage single mother was arrested for refusing to give up her seat. In those singlemotherhood was unacceptable to the point where the few African American women who did that in the South before the 1960s had to leave the town because basically you were a prostitute. Rosa Parks was a married working woman, the civil rights movement thought she was presentable to white people so they used her.

That wouldn't necessarily fly into day's activism in which people would rightfully point out the more downtrodden.
ADOS trolls will search for any fisure, anything to cause da vision in the black vote, they will use race, origin, laguage, class, they dont care. They think this reparatians atgument will eventually divide and saparate ASs from other blacks. While also trolls ng the mixed race and the foreign born to forther stir up division.

Old 12-26-2019, 03:11 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,462,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
Howard univirsity was founded for the mixed race, not blacks. Thats just true.

Proof? "Colored" is not a synonym for "mixed race".

Old 12-26-2019, 03:27 PM

315 posts, read 383,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
And after slavery blacks would work for less, displacing whites. Yes, they encouraged us to be divided and still are.

Reparations would set us back and make us even more divided. Poor whites would be resentful. We need to work together. On everything. Police brutality. Etc.
The U.S. can find reparations money for every single disenfranchised group, illegal immigrants, and fake Native Americans recently, but ADOS reparations is the final straw that breaks America's back. This is another lie generated to create fear to shame ADOS for fighting for their justifiable claim. Everyone else has this ability to try to guilt-trip ADOS for demanding equitable restoration. America owes ADOS reparations, unquestionably, and they better find the money somewhere to resolve this issue. Resentful racists, poor whites, the opposition, and passive-aggressive ethnic bigots are all on the wrong side of history, and that's their problem to deal with. No one, literally no one asked poor whites to support other disenfranchised groups, nor gauge their feelings on the matter. Oh please. If America becomes further divided because the U.S. government continues to kick the can down the road to avoid responsibility to repair the damage they created with ADOS. then that is their problem.

Old 12-26-2019, 03:30 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
To a point, I disagree. History means nothing. My grandparents came to America from Russia, escaping the oppression of the Tsar. That is completely meaningless to me, and has made no contribution whatsoever to who I am as a person.

A Black American and a Black African have nothing in common whatsoever, any more so than a White American and White African. They may, incidentally, be able to find some common ground if they both grew up in a place where Blacks were subjected to discrimination or oppression. But no living Black American was directly affected by Slavery, and very few old enough to have been directly affected by Segretation. Similarly, very few Black Africans are old enough to have been directly affected by Colonialism. However historically important those phenomena are, a Black American and a Black African meeting in the street have not been influenced at all in their lifetimes by slavery, segregation or colonialism. No more so than I and a 25 year old Russian have any common experience of serfdom or oppression in Russia.

As an aside, has it occurred to you that Barack Obama did not spend one single day of his childhood living in an African-American household, society or neighborhood, and cannot know from personal experience that that would be like. He is the 44th US president to be raised as a white child by a white family in a white social framework. It would be "unnatural" for Obama to assume that he has anything in common with even a Black American, much less a Black African.
Barack Obama made it a point to immerse himself in developing deep bonds with both the "African society" and the " African-American Society" having deep roots in both of them.

Old 12-26-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
They were put in camps with nowhere to go. Except to war in Palestine.
My point is European Jews weren't expected to support Germany's tourism. European Jews are white, Nazi's are white, and Jews have never forgotten what was done to them by Nazi Germany. Germany apologized for, made amends, and paid reparations to Jews. Jews didn't take it upon themselves to take responsibility to promote Germany's tourism as bridging two groups together, nor move back as reconnecting with their past. They aren't in kinship with Germans. ADOS is expected to mule for countries like Ghana as if ADOS was responsible for the slave trade. The more I think about it, the more disgusted I become.

Old 12-26-2019, 03:45 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespiritbty View Post
My point is European Jews weren't expected to support Germany's tourism. European Jews are white, Nazi's are white, and Jews have never forgotten what was done to them by Nazi Germany. Germany apologized for, made amends, and paid reparations to Jews. Jews didn't take it upon themselves to take responsibility to promote Germany's tourism as bridging two groups together, nor move back as reconnecting with their past. They aren't in kinship with Germans. ADOS is expected to mule for countries like Ghana as if ADOS was responsible for the slave trade. The more I think about it, the more disgusted I become.
Because they were not ALLOWED to go home! I see your point about tourism, it's just a terrible comparison. And no one is forcing anyone to do it.

Old 12-26-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
The ponint is that despite being a minority are well over represented in history. The line of thinking is that those 2 groups are prepelually under attack by the ADOS fringe and some other groups trying to claim that aas dont need and have never needed those group whan in fact the mixed, and the inmigranthave been the main catalists of american racial reform despite their small numbers. Its becoming more and more common to see attacts on the mixed as no black enough or in the inmmigrant as no AA (they this to obama on both fronts and to kamela harris and even to Malcom x) this whole ADOS thing is a troll grup created by the far right to saw division in the black community using black trolls to push nativist racist ideas to the AAs community using reparations as a bait.
ADOS is a lineage, not a fringe or troll group. Still, no one, literally no one has posted proof validating this claim. I hear most of this rhetoric from Democratic bootlickers interested in maintaining the status quo. Making false accusations shows one has an agenda of creating the false black supremacist narrative. Accusations of attacks on immigrants are based on the factual history of immigration in America, and how ADOS have been economically displaced as a result of immigration. This topic has been written on extensively by scholars. Funny thing is, every group advocates for group economics, but ADOS are expected to mule for everyone while being at the bottom caste. Anyone assuming reparations is pushing reparations as the bait hasn't spent enough time studying the topic and has the agenda of smearing ADOS for their rightful reparations. I wonder if I will find the same attacks on ADOS towards CARICOM being ss divisive and so xenophobic sentiments. Doubtful.

ADOS are now racists? ROTFLMAO!! BWWAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

If Obama arrogantly thinks he can lecture ADOS is a post-Obama era, he will be eviscerated back into retirement. Harris is a non-factor. On to the next.

Last edited by freespiritbty; 12-26-2019 at 04:47 PM..

Old 12-26-2019, 04:18 PM

The Impact of Immigration on African Americans by Steven Shulman:

"Immigration has significant consequences for all Americans, but especially for African Americans. The sheer magnitude of immigration--it is the primary factor driving population growth--is so large that it directly or indirectly affects the economic, political, social, and environmental circumstances of most Americans. But the geographic concentration of immigrants in urban areas, and the economic concentration of immigrants in the low-wage sector of the labor market, have special consequences for African Americans since they are especially likely to live in urban areas and to be low-wage workers.

These effects can be both negative and positive. Immigration has sharply increased the supply of labor into the low-wage sector of the labor market, which tends to reduce wages and employment opportunities for low-wage native workers. Employers may prefer hiring immigrants, who are perceived to be hardworking and uncomplaining, to hiring African Americans. Immigrants can also increase the competition for scarce public services (especially education) on which African Americans depend.

Yet immigration can also stimulate economic growth and urban revitalization, which can increase job opportunities and spread an ideology of multiculturalism. Immigration can dilute the political power of African Americans, but it can also strengthen the civil rights coalition. Immigration can benefit some groups while hurting others. This volume presents research and analysis that reflects and advances the debates about the economic and political consequences of immigration for African Americans.

The contributors include Gerald Jaynes (Yale University), Vernon Briggs (Cornell University), Frank Bean and Jennifer Lee (University of California, Irvine), Robert Cherry (Brooklyn College), Manuel Pastor (University of California, Santa Cruz) and Enrique Marcelli (University of Massachusetts, Boston), Steven Camarota (Center for Immigration Studies), Frank Morris (University of Texas, D

https://books.google.com/books/about...ok_description

https://www.amazon.com/Impact-Immigr.../dp/0765805820
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa