Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2018, 06:30 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
People can actually walk and chew gum at the same time. Yes blacks folks can and do complain about racism as immigrants complain about xenophobia and women about sexism. Yet they can also focus on making the best lemonade out of the lemons that they have. Thanks to these actions there is less racism, xenophobia and sexism that they used to be, even with the current clown sitting in the WH.

I find it interesting that Antonio R who is a Hispanic, and I suspect an immigrant, doesn't see it fit to thank those who struggled ALL OVER THE USA, not just the South. Thanks to their efforts this country is much fairer than it used to be 60 years ago.
The most racist people often have the lowest IQs. A LOW IQ person may have extremely difficulty comprehending that a person can complain about racism while doing everything they can to move up socioeconomically. Rush Limbaugh and the like offer simple solutions to simpletons!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 10:14 PM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
The amount of blame or fault that white people or outside forces are responsible for regarding the current issues of African Americans and Africans make no difference. The number is clearly more than 0% and less than 100%

Blacks and blacks alone, as a whole are the only people on the planet who can bring themselves out from these issues.

White people, not even white liberals can do it or will do it. Why? Well, look at the bad job they're doing so far. Gaps between blacks and other races are widening and statistics that measure progress are falling.

The message from other races to blacks has been very clear: Blacks are on their own.

We are strong, smart, and hard-working enough to do it. I'm more than glad that politicians are "fighting for me" but it's clear their policies hurt far more than they help and the intended result of the bureaucratic process takes far longer than getting a college degree.

So how do you convince the little poor black kid with a single mother and dysfunctional household, that he can be successful in this world despite his skin color? You must show him all the black lawyers, doctors, nurses, engineers, generals, CEOs, and the former president of the united states who have already done it.

The current state of the black community is in complete disarray, playing the blame game and refusing to better yourself won't fix it. Sadly, we're doing far more of the former and latter at the cost of hard work.

Don't take my word for it.

Quote:
The Negro Family: The Case For National Action (known as the Moynihan Report, 1965) was written by Daniel Patrick Moynihan, an American sociologist serving as Assistant Secretary of Labor under President Lyndon B. Johnson of the United States.

His report focused on the deep roots of black poverty in the United States and controversially concluded that the high rate of families headed by single mothers would greatly hinder progress of blacks toward economic and political equality.
Quote:
In the introduction to his report, Moynihan said that "the gap between the Negro and most other groups in American society is widening."[6] He also said that the collapse of the nuclear family in the black lower class would preserve the gap between possibilities for Negroes and other groups and favor other ethnic groups

Moynihan concluded, "The steady expansion of welfare programs can be taken as a measure of the steady disintegration of the Negro family structure over the past generation in the United States
Quote:
The report concluded that the structure of family life in the black community constituted a 'tangle of pathology... capable of perpetuating itself without assistance from the white world,' and that 'at the heart of the deterioration of the fabric of Negro society is the deterioration of the Negro family. It is the fundamental source of the weakness of the Negro community at the present time.' Also, the report argued that the matriarchal structure of black culture weakened the ability of black men to function as authority figures. That particular notion of black familial life has become a widespread, if not dominant, paradigm for comprehending the social and economic disintegration of late 20th-century black urban life.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...ational_Action

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-18-2018 at 10:51 PM..

Old 04-18-2018, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
The most racist people often have the lowest IQs. A LOW IQ person may have extremely difficulty comprehending that a person can complain about racism while doing everything they can to move up socioeconomically. Rush Limbaugh and the like offer simple solutions to simpletons!
Rush Limbaugh and the like can simply point to the statistics to justify their prejudice and racist attitudes.

And there's nothing we can do about it until we, the black community, change those statistics.

The worse part of these statistics are not that it's solid evidence of the regression and lack of progress we've made. The worse part is that the statistics confirm the stereotypes we are trying to avoid, further hurting the motivation and hope of those who are trying to better themselves.

Quote:
Stereotype threat is a situational predicament in which people are or feel themselves to be at risk of conforming to stereotypes about their social group. Since its introduction into the academic literature, stereotype threat has become one of the most widely studied topics in the field of social psychology.

Stereotype threat has been shown to reduce the performance of individuals who belong to negatively stereotyped groups. If negative stereotypes are present regarding a specific group, group members are likely to become anxious about their performance, which may hinder their ability to perform at their maximum level. Importantly, the individual does not need to subscribe to the stereotype for it to be activated. It is hypothesized that the mechanism through which anxiety (induced by the activation of the stereotype) decreases performance is by depleting working memory (especially the phonological aspects of the working memory system).
Quote:
Stereotype threat is a potential contributing factor to long-standing racial and gender gaps in academic performance. It may occur whenever an individual's performance might confirm a negative stereotype because stereotype threat is thought to arise from a particular situation, rather than from an individual's personality traits or characteristics.

Situational factors that increase stereotype threat can include the difficulty of the task, the belief that the task measures their abilities, and the relevance of the stereotype to the task. Individuals show higher degrees of stereotype threat on tasks they wish to perform well on and when they identify strongly with the stereotyped group.

These effects are also increased when they expect discrimination due to their identification with a negatively stereotyped group. Repeated experiences of stereotype threat can lead to a vicious circle of diminished confidence, poor performance, and loss of interest in the relevant area of achievement.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereotype_threat

Old 04-18-2018, 10:39 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,530,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
TThe message from other races to blacks has been very clear: Blacks are on their own.

t.

Funny thing is that I don't know too many middle or poor blacks who are expecting whites to pay their bills. They go out to work every day. I don't see them marching to the white suburbs with begging bowls.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Funny thing is that I don't know too many middle or poor blacks who are expecting whites to pay their bills. They go out to work every day. I don't see them marching to the white suburbs with begging bowls.
The percentage of blacks on welfare say otherwise. Do you think personal anecdotes trump national statistics?

We are 13% of the US population but we represent 39% of welfare recipients.

Whites are 16%
Hispanics 21%
Asians 18%.

https://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

Let me guess your response, the statistics are racist?

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-18-2018 at 11:04 PM..

Old 04-18-2018, 11:57 PM

Quote:
The percentage of blacks on welfare say otherwise. Do you think personal anecdotes trump national statistics?

Whites are 16%
Hispanics 21%
Asians 18%.

The government funds welfare, but ALL WORKING people, and that includes Blacks, Hispanics, and Asians are paying taxes for US citizens to collect welfare.

And all Americans collect welfare at some point. Social security is welfare. So is medicare. It is being paid for by working people. Unemployment is another government program Americans of any race used when they've been fired. Poor and middle class people of all races get financial aid in the form of grants or student loans.

Veterans of all races get free medical care, the government pays their college education, gives them subsidized mortgages, among other government benefits. If they were injured while in service they get decent pensions from the military.

The stats aren't racist. The stats are extremely dishonest, because ALL AMERICANS at some point benefit from the welfare state. As a man who is a veteran, you should know that yourself because you are benefitting from welfare yourself.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:19 AM

8,572 posts, read 8,530,357 times
Quote:

Whites are 16%
Hispanics 21%
Asians 18%.

I think that a mere history lesson will educate you as to why blacks are disproportionately poor.

I note that the fact that 70% of the black population has NEVER been on welfare doesn't seem to interest you.

Yes way better to stereotype blacks based on the plight of 30% of the population instead of the 70% who do NOT want handouts!

BTW a trip to NYC will shock you as the bulk of our welfare recipients are either Hasidic Jews or Hispanics.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:59 AM

Quote:
I think that a mere history lesson will educate you as to why blacks are disproportionately poor.

I note that the fact that 70% of the black population has NEVER been on welfare doesn't seem to interest you.

Yes way better to stereotype blacks based on the plight of 30% of the population instead of the 70% who do NOT want handouts!

BTW a trip to NYC will shock you as the bulk of our welfare recipients are either Hasidic Jews or Hispanics.
Who also tend to have VERY LARGE FAMILIES. They do live in housing owned by other Hasidics, so the money stays in the community.

The community prioritizes religious cohesiveness, and one will find some Hasidics BARELY speak English as certain Yeshivas pretty much instruct just in Hebrew and Yiddish.

Old 04-19-2018, 01:00 AM

Quote:

Because racists and people spouting right wing rhethoric are generally LOW IQ. He can't process much, so what he is not prepared to address he skips.

He also doesn't know much.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:23 PM

Quote:
The problem is not black poverty, every race has poor people. The problem is the stagnation and regression when there should be progress. I think a mere graph showing your the statistics of self-inflicted issues can educate you on why the progress of blacks continue to decrease.

You keep deflecting the problem to outside forces and history as if these outside forces are suppose to help us. Hello, they're part of the reason we're in this problem, the other half of the problem is a result of our own self-inflicted issue issues. If we fixed our half of the problem, black on black crime, you would see progress overnight.

Do you believe DC bureaucrats can help black people faster than black people can help themselves? If outside forces are repsonbile for statistics what on God's green earth makes you think they're going to help us fix the statistics?
Quote:
And 70%+ of white, Hispanics, and Asians have also never been on welfare. Congrats.

What interests me is black progress and the statistic don't reflect that. You might think this is some joke but the black community is in dangerous territory right now.

Blame white people all you want, they'll just call us too stupid and lazy to overcome the past. I've read more black literature than you could dream about, none of it says outside forces are the answer and the statistics reflect that. When a person kicks you done, that doesn't mean they're going to help you back up. A history lesson should've shown you that.

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-20-2018 at 11:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa