Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 10:53 PM

98 posts, read 117,759 times

Advertisements

Sub Saharan Africa isn't the only place with problems throughout the world but for some strange and often troubling reasons people tend to focus on black Africans and their shortcomings. What is the obsession?

Anyways though, I do not think it is quite fair to compare Africa and it's people to European standards. If Europe would have traded with the African population and kept their distance instead of enslaving and imposing their rule over people they had no business attempting to control, and treating them as less than human, Africa would be better off today. If America would have kept this trading relationship through the Industrial Age, Africa would have came up on their own time by their own rules in their own unique African way.

While Europeans have contributed to most of this planets advancement, they are to blame for mankind's inevitable demise and overwhelmingly cause some of humanities most vile "savage" crimes. (Putting fellow humans at risk all in the name of money!) Plus Europeans are to blame for the "death" of this planet which will be inevitable unless they implement solutions.

So while you are calling Africans savage, dumb and unintelligent (despite great kingdoms such as Ghana, Songhai, Mali and Timbuktu) Remember that savagery comes in many many forms nowadays. Remember that when you consume a genetically modified, lacking any nutritional value, pesticide covered fake apple from Monsanto. Or you have a doctor prescribe you something only because it gives them a bonus, despite its health risks to you!

Your fellow European isn't enslaving you, their doing worse! They are poisoning your body and mind, and knowing you will not do anything about it. To them you are not the same, you are not the 1% you are nothing but a SERF.

Europeans could learn a thing or two from these inferior savage stupid tribal people on how to be more one with nature and respect this planet before it's too late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 06:17 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,384,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeWine View Post
Sub Saharan Africa isn't the only place with problems throughout the world but for some strange and often troubling reasons people tend to focus on black Africans and their shortcomings. What is the obsession?
I'm sure you know why..

Quote:
Anyways though, I do not think it is quite fair to compare Africa and it's people to European standards. If Europe would have traded with the African population and kept their distance instead of enslaving and imposing their rule over people they had no business attempting to control, and treating them as less than human, Africa would be better off today. If America would have kept this trading relationship through the Industrial Age, Africa would have came up on their own time by their own rules in their own unique African way.

While Europeans have contributed to most of this planets advancement, they are to blame for mankind's inevitable demise and overwhelmingly cause some of humanities most vile "savage" crimes. (Putting fellow humans at risk all in the name of money!) Plus Europeans are to blame for the "death" of this planet which will be inevitable unless they implement solutions.

So while you are calling Africans savage, dumb and unintelligent (despite great kingdoms such as Ghana, Songhai, Mali and Timbuktu) Remember that savagery comes in many many forms nowadays. Remember that when you consume a genetically modified, lacking any nutritional value, pesticide covered fake apple from Monsanto. Or you have a doctor prescribe you something only because it gives them a bonus, despite its health risks to you!

Your fellow European isn't enslaving you, their doing worse! They are poisoning your body and mind, and knowing you will not do anything about it. To them you are not the same, you are not the 1% you are nothing but a SERF.

Europeans could learn a thing or two from these inferior savage stupid tribal people on how to be more one with nature and respect this planet before it's too late.

Agreed, this world could of been such an interesting place but look

Old 10-27-2014, 06:21 AM

3 posts, read 6,494 times
South Korea and Taiwan are developed except for the $ figures you see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepillow View Post
In your opinion, what will be the world's first truly developed African country, and in which year will this be achieved? Think on the level of Switzerland or Denmark, not those straddling on the periphery like South Korea.

I'd say Ghana in the year 2100. I base this conjecture on what I've heard and read about the country. It seems to be performing very well for its size compared to other giants like Nigeria or South Africa.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:34 AM

8,866 posts, read 8,448,789 times
Maybe Mauritius.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepillow View Post
Wealth is just one of the traits of being a developed country; it's not the only indicator. According to my non-academic and pedestrian definition of the term 'developed country', it refers to a level where most people of that country are near the tip of Maslow's Hierarchy, having no worries for tomorrow's food and shelter. It also involves a government that holds free and fair elections. It's not entirely about technology (though it is again, one of the indicators) but how society fosters a spirit of innovation in its people.
Most of South Korean people most definitely have no worries for tomorrow's food and shelter and they hold free and fair elections as well.

Old 12-30-2014, 12:03 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,338,981 times
Quote:

Stands and applauds you!!!

Old 01-01-2015, 12:09 AM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
The world's first developed African country? How is that different from "Africa's first developed country"?

It happened already. The Republic of South Africa, under white rule. To a traveler passing through, it was just like Canada or Australia.
Hilarious,
white people were doing good (10%) of the population now means that it's developed.
What about the other 90%? They don't count?

Old 01-01-2015, 07:13 AM

295 posts, read 246,363 times
Maybe South Africa and/or Egypt. It's hard for me to visualize a developed tropical African country since I can't think of a non-African tropical country with a similar climate and geography that is highly developed. By tropical, I mean the entire country is between the Tropic of Cancer and Tropic of Capricorn.

All the developed countries seem to rely on an agricultural surplus of grain crops (wheat, rice, corn). The three main grain crops get low yields in tropical Africa, so these countries end up spending a lot of money to import food, and that money can't be used to build infrastructure, start companies, create jobs, etc.

I guess one could argue that Ghana is developed.... by tropical standards.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalens View Post
Maybe South Africa and/or Egypt. It's hard for me to visualize a developed tropical African country since I can't think of a non-African tropical country with a similar climate and geography that is highly developed. By tropical, I mean the entire country is between the Tropic of Cancer and Tropic of Capricorn.

All the developed countries seem to rely on an agricultural surplus of grain crops (wheat, rice, corn). The three main grain crops get low yields in tropical Africa, so these countries end up spending a lot of money to import food, and that money can't be used to build infrastructure, start companies, create jobs, etc.

I guess one could argue that Ghana is developed.... by tropical standards.
Singapore.

Old 01-01-2015, 09:21 AM

295 posts, read 246,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Singapore.
That's true... Singapore is developed, but it's a city-state. They rely heavily on foreign investment and there's no agricultural sector. I don't think that system would scale well in a full sized country with a large native population.

I was thinking more like a tropical equivalent of Japan, France or the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa