Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2014, 04:28 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,574,826 times

Advertisements

Thabo Mbeki: “The relationship between African and its ex-colonizers is illegal!” - Afrik-news.com : Africa news, Maghreb news - The african daily newspaper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 06:58 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,517,717 times
So says the man who was tasked with diplomatic resolution in Zimbabwe on behalf of the SADC, and was an absolute and total disaster. Mbeki, unlike his father, was a failed leader, and he has failed in being an assertive leader of the SADC. I hope he will step up on behalf of the AU.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
So says the man who was tasked with diplomatic resolution in Zimbabwe on behalf of the SADC, and was an absolute and total disaster. Mbeki, unlike his father, was a failed leader, and he has failed in being an assertive leader of the SADC. I hope he will step up on behalf of the AU.
Now,you're attacking the guy because he doesn't fit,your submitted corrupt african leaders ?
Failed leader or not,what he says,is very true.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Now,you're attacking the guy because he doesn't fit,your submitted corrupt african leaders ?
Failed leader or not,what he says,is very true.
I am not attacking the guy, I think you'd be very hard-pressed to find anyone who thinks he was a good President. Feel free to look and share. His opinions on HIV/AIDS are ludicrous, and he achieved what he did because people had immense respect for his father. His father was a great man, one of the great fathers of South Africa. Thabo had big shoes to fill, and failed.

I believe he is saying what he thinks people want to hear. I have very little faith in him after 8 years of nothing with regard to Zimbabwe.

Old 02-25-2014, 10:45 PM

5,238 posts, read 7,959,326 times
I don't think anyone should push in and take over with their own agenda but offering or being asked to help like in the case of the CAR and France is another thing altogether. He didn't speak of foreign aid money from the west. Some may feel that makes them more entitled to give their opinions or even intervene in some way. He didn't mention China's increasing role in the continent either as he talked of protecting their own interests.

It would be wonderful if the AU could work together and solve all their own problems. But wouldn't that require a cadre of honest leaders working for the good of the people?

Old 02-26-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Mbeki doesn't have to look or act like his father,he's a different person.
I don't understand the tendency to compare people to their fathers or grandfathers,everybody is a different person.

Can you blame President G.W.Bush failures on his father or grandfather ?? of course not.

Old 02-26-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Mbeki doesn't have to look or act like his father,he's a different person.
I don't understand the tendency to compare people to their fathers or grandfathers,everybody is a different person.

Can you blame President G.W.Bush failures on his father or grandfather ?? of course not.
You are missing the point. Thabo did not get elected on his own merits, which were few.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:22 PM

5,238 posts, read 7,959,326 times
Quote:
Can you blame President G.W.Bush failures on his father or grandfather ??
Sure I can, his father was pulling the strings behind the scenes for dumb dubya throughout his presidency. And how else could a moron like that even get nominated and elected?

Old 02-27-2014, 06:47 AM

Quote:
You are missing the point. Thabo did not get elected on his own merits, which were few.
There was no point,didn't say he was elected on his merits,all i know is that he's been elected,for the right or the wrong reason is not the issue,what matters to me is what he said that was true,that's all,you went looking for any reasons to tarnish the guy.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
There was no point,didn't say he was elected on his merits,all i know is that he's been elected,for the right or the wrong reason is not the issue,what matters to me is what he said that was true,that's all,you went looking for any reasons to tarnish the guy.
Tarnish? Not at all. His record speaks for itself. He is a very eloquent speaker, but I am more interested in the follow-through. Historically he has not followed through, perhaps this time will be different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa