Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2014, 11:50 PM

277 posts, read 379,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
South Africa, unlike other African countries, has focused intensely on improving the life of its citizens, President Jacob Zuma said on Sunday.

"What is it that causes protests and demonstrations in South Africa when the rest of Africa is not doing it? Once the countries were free, it was each one for themselves. There were no programs to deal with poor people," said Zuma in Pretoria.

"If I am wrong, come and tell me which country did as we did. Once we were free we said our major focus is to address the plight of the poor. In no country in the world have you seen government giving people houses free of charge because they are poor."

Zuma said that since 1994, government had immensely improved the lives of citizens.

"There was no one who was talking about electricity in the rural areas before 1994. It was not an issue and there were no protests for that.

"No one was saying 'take services to the people'."

Due to the extensive roll-out of services after 1994, South Africans had become dependent on the state.

"The reality you can't find protests in other places is that there is no hope. When foreigners come to South Africa, because they are not used to government handing [out] things, they get here and see opportunities and thrive," said Zuma.

"Our people are waiting for government. Our people are not used to standing up and doing things. These ones [foreigners] are not expecting any government to do anything so they get here, see opportunities and exploit them.

"They have taken over your small businesses."

If he were a journalist, he would write to South Africans to say "wake up".

Zuma made the remarks at the Sefako Makgatho presidential guesthouse at the Black Wednesday commemorations.

On Wednesday, October, 19 1977, the apartheid regime clamped down on the media, banning two newspapers, The World and the Weekend World.
News - South Africa, unlike Africa, has hope: Zuma

I present our joke of a President

Last time he made a comment like this about Malawi's roads, that did not go well >.<
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 03:44 AM

5,238 posts, read 7,960,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowsieboi View Post
News - South Africa, unlike Africa, has hope: Zuma

I present our joke of a President

Last time he made a comment like this about Malawi's roads, that did not go well >.<
The joke is on the people of South Africa. I can't even stand to read what he says or watch him speak. Those that are on the gravy train, you can see how they would vote for him, but how others can believe this guys continued lies, I just don't know. It's sad, very sad. I feel sorry for the poor people and the children, life is not better for them. And they deserve much better.

But we had George W. Bush, a liar and a fool. And morons elected him twice. So we have no room to brag about dim-wit leaders. Bush and Zuma are actually quite alike, both dumb as a rock, both thieves and liars. Bush left with the sun on his back and a fat pension for life, and a huge mess in the form of the Iraq war and the economy at home. We are entangled with Iraq for God knows how many years due to this liar. Zuma will also leave office with the sun on his back, and a mess for someone else to clean up. Isn't it a shame this is the best these two countries could come up with for presidents. Absolutely appalling.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:14 AM

8,850 posts, read 8,369,443 times
Ying-jeou Ma is way worse tbh. At least just as bad as Bush or Zuma.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:50 AM

277 posts, read 379,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
The joke is on the people of South Africa. I can't even stand to read what he says or watch him speak. Those that are on the gravy train, you can see how they would vote for him, but how others can believe this guys continued lies, I just don't know. It's sad, very sad. I feel sorry for the poor people and the children, life is not better for them. And they deserve much better.

But we had George W. Bush, a liar and a fool. And morons elected him twice. So we have no room to brag about dim-wit leaders. Bush and Zuma are actually quite alike, both dumb as a rock, both thieves and liars. Bush left with the sun on his back and a fat pension for life, and a huge mess in the form of the Iraq war and the economy at home. We are entangled with Iraq for God knows how many years due to this liar. Zuma will also leave office with the sun on his back, and a mess for someone else to clean up. Isn't it a shame this is the best these two countries could come up with for presidents. Absolutely appalling.
At least Bush finished High School

If I were to try and find any sort of bright side from any of this though, it'd be that at least it can be entertaining in terms of how much of a joke he is >.<

The guy is a complete tool but you've got to give him credit for still being pretty damn good at exploiting his way through the ladder and all the way to the top. Not to mention his ability to evade going to prison for his millions of corruption and rape charges.

The 1 guy at my old work was fairly convinced that he used some sort of black magic (muti) in order to get to where he is.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:19 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,357,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowsieboi View Post
At least Bush finished High School

If I were to try and find any sort of bright side from any of this though, it'd be that at least it can be entertaining in terms of how much of a joke he is >.<

The guy is a complete tool but you've got to give him credit for still being pretty damn good at exploiting his way through the ladder and all the way to the top. Not to mention his ability to evade going to prison for his millions of corruption and rape charges.

The 1 guy at my old work was fairly convinced that he used some sort of black magic (muti) in order to get to where he is.
Zuma didn't finish high school? LOL why am I not surprised?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa