Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 03:52 PM

774 posts, read 1,856,559 times

Advertisements

Out Now Marketing estimated in 2013, the international LGBT travel market size at over $180 billion.

Sometimes I see a mental picture of a couple of Africans walking along... seeing a pile of money then when they're just about to pick it up, a priest or preacher (often white) jumps out of the bushes and yells at them, "DON'T TOUCH THAT MONEY! IT BELONGS TO THE DEVIL !!"

After arguing a bit, the two Africans give up and leave the money (... and naturally, the Missionary picks it up and flies home).

An entire continent ... comprised of 54 countries .... and a billion people ... .
and you're telling me all of them are stuck on stupid?????????

What happened to "game"?
What happened to being slick, wise, and skillful?
What happened to being a Hustler???

If you go to most African countries today, you'll find some segment of the population still living in mud and straw houses with mud floors. They can look up at the sky and see sophisticated jets flying overhead, yet the best some can dream of is owning a mule.

RELIGION
Jews, Arabs, and Europeans STOLE African theology, rewrote it to fit them, then gave it back to you in a coded, allegorical version that leaves you feeling inadequate.

MOVIES
Then, feeling depressed, you turn on the television and watch Western movies that are designed to do all they can to make you feel less than and ... inadequate.

But the biggest problem is religion. If your "God" doesn't look like you, then you're in trouble.

SOLUTION
Tourism brings in BILLIONS of dollars yearly.
You live in the damn Garden of Eden and you mean you can't figure out how to attract more tourist???

The single group of travelers who spends the most money annually are LGBT tourist.
They're often single people without children who have university educations. Hence, they have larger disposable incomes. PROBLEM SOLVED.

ALL a country or a group of people has to do is to:
  1. Enter the modern world
  2. Section off a beach or a city and declare it safe to Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transsexual people (and really make it safe)
  3. Clean up that area ...
  4. Market it to the world as a LGBT Friendly location

... and watch the money come rolling in.

Everybody else does!
They're competing for those dollars. Even the Catholic Vatican has "Gay Tours"!!!
Asia, Latin America, Mexico, Europe and America. $$$$$

But back in Africa...
I was recently in Bahar Dar, Ethiopia. BEAUTIFUL place. Mouth of the Blue Nile. Historic.
People as poor as dirt.
Everywhere I walked, young strong men sitting down with their heads in their hands looking depressed. Bars were the biggest businesses... behind churches and mosques

Remember... if I control any part of you... even your thoughts .. then I CONTROL YOU!

The biggest hustles allowed were shining your shoes and coming up with lame stories to beg you out of a few dollars. (After that came pick-pocketing and stealing cell phones.)

THE HIGHEST ACHIEVERS IN U.S. UNIVERSITIES ARE AFRICANS.
Africans get higher grades than Jews, than Whites, Hispanics, ASIANS, and Afro-Americans.
So why are African leaders persuading their citizens to hate gays?
It's an easy way to control you.

But it's sooooo expensive to you.

The idea that Africans are more "pure" than the rest of the world is hogwash. The same behaviors and genetics run through all human beings. Also, early Missionaries documented the behaviors of the tribes they encountered.... and yes, homosexuality has always been everywhere on the planet ... including Africa.

Here's a link to prove it: The idea that African homosexuality was a colonial import is a myth | Bernardine Evaristo | Comment is free | The Guardian

So why not get your nuts out of the sand by inviting wealthy, decadent tourist to lay in the sun, tip big, visit your hotels, and buy your goods and services??? There are CITIES all over the world competing for the dollars they tell Africans to avoid.

Do you know who the SINGLE most influential man behind Uganda's Anti-Gay Crack Down Laws is??
You got it.
A white man from the U.S. named Scott Lively.
Why would an American go all the way to an African country to stir up hatred that he doesn't even do here in the States?? No one knows him here. Where does he get his money from??

Here's an article on the con man: Meet the American Pastor Behind Uganda's Anti-Gay Crackdown | Mother Jones

Africans don't need to become gay.
All you need to do is like Thailand. Cook the food and count your money and keep shyt safe.
This is ridiculous.
Ghana could be raking in the cash. Cameroon too. Ethiopia? Millions.

But places like Jamaican and Uganda ... where literacy is low... let them stay stupid.
What do Jamaicans do? They sit around smoking dope all day and night. They're ignorant and prideful. They make good criminals ... and runners. (But they can only run the length of the Beach. If you chase Usain Bolt a further distance than the length of the beach, he will stop. Maybe ask you for some rum.)

Bad Politically
The West is always trying to rob and marginalize Africa.
Homophobia puts Africans in a negative light when they travel. It positions Africans into a corner of intolerance that makes them targets for harassment. But worse, it discourages investment.

Here are some links to get people thinking about making money in the 21st Century:

1. Hoteliers approve $30 million for tourism promotion, including events like Beer Week. | UTSanDiego.com

2. Following Indiana religious freedom debacle, states are wooing the gay travel dollar | Adweek

3. 2015 TOURISM & TRAVEL TRENDS REPORT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 04:11 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,962,528 times
When I think of African travel sometimes I visualize getting my head chopped off with a machete. I think that is a big problem for them.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:32 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganwriter View Post
The West is always trying to rob and marginalize Africa.
]

Old 06-29-2015, 07:21 AM

774 posts, read 1,856,559 times
Default ColoGuy???

ColoGuy...

What a sad, incorrect, bigoted thing to say.
It's clear you've never been.

If you are a black American, you will be AMAZED at your experience.
You will, for the first time in your life, experience what whites feel like when they travel to Europe.
  • The women are beautiful!
  • The food is often delicious.
  • Each African country is different.. so it's an odyssey you'll NEVER forget.
  • I can't think of one "undeveloped" African country. (Yes, they'll have their country side and poor people, but they'll also have highly developed urban centers with AWESOME night life and tourist possibilities.)
What is it about YOU that makes you think you'll get your head cut off??
Too many white supremest movies?

Is, "ColoGuy" short for, "Colonial Guy" ... or perhaps "Colonized mind Guy?"

Yes, there is a range of humanity everywhere. EVERYWHERE.
You can go to Italy and be FAR, FAR worst treated. Greece, Germany, France, Thailand. You can go to Mexico and REALLY lose your life.

What ethnic group are you? Why do you say this?

Old 06-29-2015, 08:46 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,962,528 times
I've been interested in visiting S. Africa. This has helped keep me away.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_South_Africa

"Crime is a prominent issue in South Africa. South Africa has a very high rate of murders, assaults, rapes (adult, child, elderly and infant), and other crimes compared to most countries. Most emigrants from South Africa state that crime was a big factor in their decision to leave."

Old 06-29-2015, 09:57 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,566,714 times
Perhaps, just maybe, Africa as a continent isn't interested in political correctness? Perhaps they put majority rules and traditional marriage at a place of importance?

Old 06-29-2015, 01:10 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
I don't get where OP compares Uganda to Jamaica. I have never been to Uganda, granted, but I've been to Jamaica several times ( not just on the resorts ) and I did not find them to be illiterate criminals who spent all day smoking dope.

In fact, I believe Jamaica has a rather high literacy rate if I recall correctly , and they are some of the most formal, well-mannered, people I've ever met.

The Jamaican sense of humor ( full of irony ) and true patriotism are some of the things I love about that country.

Their homophobia is one of their not-so-endearing qualities. Most of them are Christians, so I suppose it's probably the church's teachings.

Old 06-29-2015, 02:48 PM

277 posts, read 380,655 times
Quote:
An entire continent ... comprised of 54 countries .... and a billion people ... .
and you're telling me all of them are stuck on stupid?????????
To OP - What the heck are you on about?

First off, great generalisation there. Secondly, South Africa legalised gay marriage rights back in 2006. We're ahead of the US in this regard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
I've been interested in visiting S. Africa. This has helped keep me away.
The thing about South Africa is it's an amazing place to visit (you can honestly avoid the crime if you're not an idiot). Where it starts to suck is when you stick around to deal with the deeper issues. As a tourist you get to selectively go and choose the best places to visit. As a resident we get to enjoy the mass amounts of corruption and now daily power cuts as our electricity grid slowly falls apart.

Basically, if you can get a chance to visit there really isn't any reason not to. It has so much beauty to offer and I honestly do envy tourists who get to look at the country with a fresh perspective. Whereas I'm sure I probably take a lot of it for granted.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:46 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,661,244 times
Quote:
[b][color="Red"]
THE HIGHEST ACHIEVERS IN U.S. UNIVERSITIES ARE AFRICANS.
Africans get higher grades than Jews, than Whites, Hispanics, ASIANS, and Afro-Americans.
So why are African leaders persuading their citizens to hate gays?
Highest achievers is a weird way to say they have the highest percentage of degrees. Please show me one source that says that they get higher grades. I simply don't believe that at all. This is a great example about how correlation doesn't equal causation.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:27 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,682,080 times
Quote:
ColoGuy...

What a sad, incorrect, bigoted thing to say.
It's clear you've never been.
Sometimes even bigots are right. And duh of course he's never been; he still has his head!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa