Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 02:04 PM

45 posts, read 155,620 times

Advertisements

Phase 2 of the question; how would you deal certain challenges described below

1. Israel-Palestine issue: You are the president of entire Africa, Egypt is your most north eastern province/state bordering Israel. You have over a billion population of Africans roughly quarter of those are muslim mostly residing in the north. They are symphatic to Palestine, while most southern countries aren't that interested. How would you handle this issue?

Israel: Imagine the only jewish state survived the brutal holocaust, wanting their own homeland they continue have to face terrorist attacks fundend by muslim countries who surrounds them. They are hated by most of the Northern provinces of your country. They may or may not posses nukes.

Palestine: Image most of them innocent and are at the receiving end, they also continue to lose more and more territory. They have the symphaty of most of your Northern provinces.

How would you handle if tensions escalate and your northern provinces demand you intervene? How would you temper down the anger of your muslim population, and also neutral people who can't stand to see dying children and women in Palestine? How would you as the president of Africa resolve this potential internal crises from going out of hand?

2. Power politics: You came to power at a unfavorable time in history, China & United States are veying for influence in the world they are the two most dominant economic forces in the world, a new type of cold war is in the making. US and China are determinend to have governments to ally with them or they might orchastrate uprisings and coups. How would you position yourself in the global arena where two superpowers clash through proxy wars. Which side would you choose? The one with the current most military capabilities the United States which has a lot of debt or China who has the money and has greater need for your resources to grow and become powerfull.

If the outcome was decided by your continent who has the weight to balance one superpower favor to another, which on would you choose? Keep the status quo where the United States remains the most powerfull and who advice you to let India or others rise or let China rise by offering your assests and resources for money, so they can grow and challenge United States number one position? Which bloc would you choose knowing if you choose none, they would support inside opposition to topple you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 08:48 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,073,055 times
1. The Palestine option would be simple, By the time I am 4 years into my presidency because of the laws I would set forth Muslims would be as far south as SA and Christians as far north as Egypt, I would decentralize religious power and make every city basically an Ibadan or Abuja with a healthy mix of Christians and Muslims as well as animists/ Hindu/Sikhs etc.
(From SA, Kenya and Tanzania), I would indoctrinate patriotism like the U.S does with it students daily, making them say the pledge daily- although not mandatory like in the U.S I would make ignoring the pledge socially looked down upon, etc. Although the north would still be as high as 80% Muslims in some areas in the cities due to lower birth rates in this area a lot more educated Sub-Saharan in NA than their is now up to 30% in my designated cities would be SS as it takes time to assimilate especially educated people, who need to be given large career incentives to move.
About the actual conflict, I would help the Palestinians By giving them permission to enter the Sinai Peninsula as a Semi-Autonomous State of Africa along with the Strip. Even though combined our military is huge we wouldn't due anything besides giving aide to Palestinians and respecting Israel on what counts as aide. If we believe Israel is committing war crimes we will sought charges though. Unlike most nations who utilize their military our military would be 100% internal with bases on our far flung islands, Tunisia, Egypt and Madagascar having heavy military presence besides those fighting internal problems,
2. We will most likely Continue to Support China more but with the way U.S and China are going backing the U.S would be ideal in some areas but because our people's beliefs are more aligned socially with the Chinese people, I see a cycle of were will continue to get our top students outsourced to foreign universities, and I see a trade of us getting professors and educated Americans willing to assimilate, for resources to the U.S, same with China. We will use are designated cities when completely "built out " to start to draw young people looking for cheap universities in a safe area as these cities due to them becoming old will be safer, cleaner and will draw the young adults that left to America and other first world nations back into Africa.
Do basically it would go
A movement of people from America and China to Africa and vice versa Professors and Educated coming in vs. Young/going to colleges going out (these people would more likely be sent to Europe than America due to Europe's struggle with young immigrants who aren't future ruffians) and we trade resources out but we would favor China more as we would also allow China to put Venture Capital into developing the designated cities and the rural states. I feel that since American companies tend to be bigger and more powerful they would exploit us more than China. To stop the exploitation of our resources would have a universal 50% of workers have to be Africans and half of the local board also have to be Africans, so not only Africans on the bottom but in the middle and top levels of the organization too, so for every Chinese expat they brought in they would ned an African worker at the same job as that expat also.

Old 10-12-2015, 11:42 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,212,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumisgood View Post
I'm from Africa and I don't think a united Africa is possible or even ideal. There is sub saharan black Christian Africa and Arab Muslim Africa. That divide is too wide..but, for fun..

1.Where would you like the capital of Africa to be and why?
The socio political capital of Africa isn't really a debate. Addis Ababa, for cultural and historical and geopolitcal reasons.

2. How would you grow the economy?

The economy isn't weak as it is. I would erase debts to the World Bank. I would emphasize trade in Africa and deemphasize European/foreign trade. I would set up regional specializations. I would improve transportation infrastructure, advancing beyond the automobile. I would emphasize academic research. I would set up energy plants, probably solar. I would enact a single currency. I would build a stronger, centralized, army. I would make education free for everyone at all stages and fund research projects. I would not rely on foreign investment for infrastructure and reward government tenders to locals as a rule. I would stop buying or selling anything to foreigners except where necessary, instead looking to regional specialization.

3. How would you adress social issue's like religious freedoms, poverty, tribalism?

I would enact and enforce a basic bill of rights applicable to all men regardless of race, creed, tribe, or color. I would remove foreign aid services (un) and replace them with domestic charity services. I would guarantee every man a starter job by providing mass government employment in various sectors. I would celebrate tribalism and enact a common language to be learned besides all the various vernaculars throughout Africa. I would include in that bill a provision ensuring a basic standard of healthcare. I would give each tribe the power necessary to rule their own people, within reason..I would decentralize power and hand large amounts of ability to the various tribal leaders, chiefs and kings and queens and elders and warriors and medicine men, and include them in the decision making. I would not have members of parliament or a cabinet, I will have a council of men and women composed of tribally determined leaders, however each tribe determines them. I would embrace tribe, not forsake it.

4. What would be your main foreign policy?

Separatist. I will have embassies in all foreign countries, but I would deemphasize trade with them. Foreign nationals could come and visit but would need to apply for residency to stay, very few would be successful.

5. Which countries would be favorable trading and investment partners for our nation of Africa?

Very few, and whoever could provide the most incentive. No idealogical preferences. China, Russia, Europe or USA..it's about the money. Best price wins, they can compete for it. I rather we burned our excess than give it away at an unfair price. We would only sell our excess as a rule, and only buy when necessary.

6. How would you interact with black/berber people outside of Africa?

Open door policy, business incentives. They are welcome to come back and live anytime, but they must forsake foreign allegiances in that process, even if gradually. Perhaps their children lose their foreign citizenship. No snakes.

7. How would preserve the environment and beauty of Africa's wildlife and nature?

The current system isn't broken.

8. How would you run the military and what would be top priorities for them on a vast continent, how many personel, any specific emphasize etc?

The top priority is secret, but the obvious is internal peacekeeping and scientific research. There will be an airforce, a landforce, and a sea force. Yes, I would develop a nuclear weapon. Overall emphasis is self protection with a mind towards colonization of a certain somewhere.

9. How would you tackle corruption in the government in all areas and branches, and in society?

I would understand why corruption is the grease that makes Africa's capitalistic gears turn and work to alleviate the underlying problem, but I wouldn't work to curb what is called corruption by the West directly. It is something that is perhaps a system in and of itself, a sort of public assistance program borne from need, so I would work to legitimize and regulate it hoping to stop its abuse but not to totally eliminate it.

10. What would you like to have achieved in office in 2 terms of each five years(10 years total)?

The eradication of term limits, for starters. Umm, an interconnected African university system. Advanced and cutting edge infrastructure. Free education. Better social net policies. Access to the basics of life for everyone. Better hospitals, advanced scientific research centers. A flag on the moon. A successful world cup team. A sense of self belief and optimism and self pride amongst all Africans. A sense of closure for the ills of colonization, racism, and slavery. Self sustainability, no foreign reliance. A more respectable global position. A strong military.

My top priorities would be the development of our languages, the eradication of poverty and slums, a strong army, a deemphasis of western culture and media, scientific research and development, self sustainability, a separatist foreign policy, a space program, agrarian development, energy independence, cutting edge infrastructure, and the world cup, mang..
Afro-American here, you certainly have my vote (would foreign people of Afrikan descent be allowed to vote under your governance?)!!

Old 10-13-2015, 08:31 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,530 times
My main focus would be

A. Removing white power from the area. Only people who are married to African blacks are allowed to have an real power or say
B. It would be like America and send are violent criminals away to other nations.
C. Blacks first, Asians second, Native Americans, X-indegious people, Whites last ( basically what Korea is today ).
D. Make sure all resources exported are doubled in price. Who am I kidding Africa ( north Africa at least ) is rich.
E. Search the land for all aids victims and anybody abusing the aids ( like people who on purposely infect people ).
F. Wage war on Zionist Israel.

The bottom line this can never be. There is a nation in Africa that controls all. It is called Saudi Arabia G. Keep tourism, the arts, culture and anything else that benefits the area. Like the fine arts for example and modeling. H. Ignore age of consent I. keep internet privacy at an all time high, and ignore problems in Africa via internet privacy.

Old 10-14-2015, 01:23 AM

783 posts, read 695,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautymustbeseen View Post
Phase 2 of the question; how would you deal certain challenges described below

1. Israel-Palestine issue: You are the president of entire Africa, Egypt is your most north eastern province/state bordering Israel. You have over a billion population of Africans roughly quarter of those are muslim mostly residing in the north. They are symphatic to Palestine, while most southern countries aren't that interested. How would you handle this issue?

Israel: Imagine the only jewish state survived the brutal holocaust, wanting their own homeland they continue have to face terrorist attacks fundend by muslim countries who surrounds them. They are hated by most of the Northern provinces of your country. They may or may not posses nukes.

Palestine: Image most of them innocent and are at the receiving end, they also continue to lose more and more territory. They have the symphaty of most of your Northern provinces.

How would you handle if tensions escalate and your northern provinces demand you intervene? How would you temper down the anger of your muslim population, and also neutral people who can't stand to see dying children and women in Palestine? How would you as the president of Africa resolve this potential internal crises from going out of hand?

2. Power politics: You came to power at a unfavorable time in history, China & United States are veying for influence in the world they are the two most dominant economic forces in the world, a new type of cold war is in the making. US and China are determinend to have governments to ally with them or they might orchastrate uprisings and coups. How would you position yourself in the global arena where two superpowers clash through proxy wars. Which side would you choose? The one with the current most military capabilities the United States which has a lot of debt or China who has the money and has greater need for your resources to grow and become powerfull.

If the outcome was decided by your continent who has the weight to balance one superpower favor to another, which on would you choose? Keep the status quo where the United States remains the most powerfull and who advice you to let India or others rise or let China rise by offering your assests and resources for money, so they can grow and challenge United States number one position? Which bloc would you choose knowing if you choose none, they would support inside opposition to topple you.
1. I would make it extremely clear that the Pan-African state will not get involved. Not now, not ever. No nation has got into the Middle East without plunging itself into a never ending feud. I would reason with people that we as a nation will not make the same mistake as others who came before us no matter what your opinion is on this issue. We will not give money or aid to any member of the conflict. If people would like to leave their country and come to our state, we will allow them to come so long as they do not pose a threat to our national security.

2. I would try to stay as neutral as possible. If you look at the nations that have developed themselves well, they typically did so by staying out of wars. During the 1800s America was relatively peaceful in terms of war. China today never gets its hands dirty. I would take a page from their playbook and do the exact same thing. We would be like Switzerland, neutral. We are open for business, not their politics. I would rather brace for the uncertainty of them trying to overthrow us than choose a side and get involved in a proxy war. That would make us forever beholden to one side for support and survival. This is why our countries need to be strong, so that they do not think about trying to pull some crap like that on us.

Old 10-20-2015, 03:06 AM

3,007 posts, read 6,287,090 times
I am assuming I was elected or appointed.

1) Ensure all regional leaders were in my pocket
2) Ensure I had military power consolidated in all regions
3) Buy out the worst corrupt officials and send them overseas
4) Nationalize (Contientialize?) all natural resources and place into a sovereign wealth fund
5) Modernize the Continents's infrastructure: roads, airports, ports; connecting the entire continent
6) Lay fiber optic cable throughout.
7) Invest education in primary school but make secondary school competitive and 75-25 split with bias toward polytechnic practical skills. Make university even more competitive and perhaps 80-20 polytechnic
8) Set up new technocratic bureaucracy and court system and fill with pan African zealots who have loyalty to Africa first and their local tribe second and their region third.
9) I would set up an internal chamber made up with a rotating board of politicians from all countries and cultures (as best as I can)
10) I would have a huge intelligence network across the continent with ears to the ground to really know how well policies are going.
11) set up modern tax collection and disbursement centers across the continent
12) I would nationalize all foreign operations. But then immediately give those who have been good to Africa first shot at being partners, where they can make profit after return is paid to Africa and they have been adding and training Africans to take over most jobs.
13) I would push a 10% secular government but allow religious freedom unless that freedom imposes itself on the civil rights of others. Punishment for group think crimes will be most severe but fair and transparent
14) I would help develop local government along the British Colonial model with increasing and diverse participation.
15) I would invest in compassion, keep down the offensive smutty excesses of modern society, and try to develop a calm and compassionate ethos in the people
16) I would encourage the spread of all contraceptives and offer cash rewards to have fewer babies or to self-sterilize
17) I would ensure that girls are educated and given full and equal access to the new Africa
18) I would encourage the development of tourism, partnership, joint ventures and capitalism but as long as the first cut of profits goes to African hands.
19) I would try to hold onto power for 50+ years or until this vision is in place or until my death.
20) I would make sure before I left the institutions are in place for a representative democracy well-rooted in Pan African pride.
21) I would ban Islam and Christianity and all foreign imported imperialist religions but welcome all humanists and allow all native African religions to be maintained.
22) I would make sure the best, rightest, strongest, best skilled, most talented and most inspirational and innovative in all fields to ply their trade in Africa and to bring the best of their foreign connections back to Africa.
23) I would welcome trade with all the world's superpowers and tell them we want Africa to be the place where they all get along and help us build.
24) I would welcome foreigners up to about 20% in each country provided their are helping us profit and there is tech transfer. I would tap into the youth of the world, young people under 25 who are often pure of heart in what they wish for Africa.
25) I would make sure the growth and development of Africa highly decentralized and highly inclusive.

S.

Old 10-20-2015, 10:38 AM

28 posts, read 49,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpointian View Post
21) I would ban Islam and Christianity and all foreign imported imperialist religions but welcome all humanists and allow all native African religions to be maintained.
Why would you ban Islam and Christianity may I ask? I'm an Ethiopian Orthodox Christian by the way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa