Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2019, 01:24 PM

220 posts, read 125,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I have not been to Africa. I do live in Spain and gained Spanish citizenship via a 4th great grandfather who was Sephardic Jewish.

So I have two years worth of experience as an immigrant.

African Americans, like other Americans do leave the US for whatever reason. It’s clearly an individual choice.

My issue with you is describe African Americans as a collective with no individual thoughts. I act out for what is my best personal interest, and I’m not mentally linked to every other African American. I do know African Americans who have lived in Africa long term. The ones I know liked it.

I'm not describing African-American "mentality" as a collective. I'm was describing our collective economic wealth. Which is a fact. My post was addressed to Bayarea girl and not you(no offense). Bayarea girl thinks 40 million people can easily just migrate to another continent/country. Its not that simple as she makes it out to be like I was saying. You want to move to Africa? Cool. But you better have a deep rooted plan on what you are going to do, deep connections(like that Dynast youtuber) and most likely strong passive income coming in from the USA. If you don't have those three things then you're screwed. As for the bolded those people most likely had a deep seated plan and the financial means. I'm not even factoring in the cultural differences.

Yea I may come off abrasive but I'm just not trying to sell some cookie cutter dream to not get unprepared people hurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2019, 09:21 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,064,318 times
Adoswarrior,

You are now making things up and searching to make points and I don't want to detract from messages we are posting to others. No I never started off by saying that 40M AAs can or will move to Africa, the reality is most AAs won't move. While you think African countries wouldn't accept migrants I am here to tell you that it simply is not the case. First and most recently there has been significant efforts made by African nations to bring the diaspora back to Africa. Secondly, countries like Ethiopia historically has taken in refugees from other nations. Due keep in mind that many African nations have taken in others as well. Do I think AAs can move out of the country or should I absolutely think so.

Yes, of course I have been to Africa (people on this thread already know this) and do know what I am talking about.

As I've stated many times moving to Africa should never be taken lightly. It is an amazing continent to visit and should not be seen as an easy place to move to. Depending on where people go there will be some discomfort and if you aren't traveling with family or are easily homesick it may not be a place to move to. African countries have their own set of problems. If people are searching for a deep connection well that comes from within and won't be achieved for many by moving. Africa though without a doubt is growing and in a positive direction. Establishing a company is very easy in Africa, you can own your own property without ridiculous taxes, you see people that look like you, there is food security (I don't think people realize what they are putting in their bodies in the USA), most of Africa doesn't have a water shortage and this along with oil will be a serious issue in the coming years, etc, etc, etc. Africans would rather do business with people that look like them. AAs fall short of seizing opportunities. Jewish people often go to Israel and or establish something there but AAs don't establish anything in Africa. Many white Americans, Europeans, Asians, are in Africa but AAs won't go; it just doesn't make sense. I'm not against people staying in the USA or moving to Africa. I strongly believe that the AA youth should be studying in Africa! I would never recommend anyone moving to China, USA, or Africa without doing their homework.

Did you know that police killings is the #6 cause of deaths in the USA? What fight do you think you can put up against this?

I like Dynast's show there are some angles I disagree with (he bashes Ethiopia way too much, I don't think he understands many things about Ethiopia or previous leadership and no one he speaks to or watches his show will ever move to Africa or visit it) but at least he is helping others make a connection to the continent, he is paying his $$ traveling around so others can get a glimpse of what people refer to as the dark continent, and I support his channel (for anyone interested it is called search for uhuru).

Then you posted an article that states that AA's will soon loose their wealth. This contradicts some of your previous postings and only speaks to my point. Many of the problems AAs face are systematic and are linked to the heritage of the USA this simply won't change. In addition many AAs as well as Africans need to fix things within themselves and their surroundings the government can't fix it all for you. When you control nothing you have no voice and no respect it is that simple and this rule is true around the globe. Remember, everything that shines is not gold!

Last edited by bayarea-girl; 08-10-2019 at 10:09 PM..

Old 08-10-2019, 09:57 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,092,306 times
Quote:
9 million Americans were already living overseas. That´s a statistically significant number. Americans in statistically significant numbers are getting citizenships overseas for a variety of reasons.
And how does that relate to my statement?

Quote:
She or anyone else can move for whatever reason they want to. It´s not like anyone needs your personal approval.
I don't understand how your mixing context which wasn't implied in that manner. Furthermore, Your in Spain and never been to Africa. So what's your agenda?

Old 08-10-2019, 10:09 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,092,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOSwarrior View Post
I don't know what more I can tell you. Aframs are NOT the fleeing type. We will remain here until the battle is over. We could've fled during the 60s and 70s but we didn't .
As i stated previously, it's a over beaten horse corpse. Our culture as a whole or vast majority could of moved to anywhere in the Anglophone world back in the 1860s-70s especially to Africa. Only a significant small portion did and even smaller kept in contact. Everybody got their own reasons, financial situations, & predicaments which have been stated. Every cons about the USA stated, Pros of African countries stated, & surrealistic settings stated.

End of convo which someone else is Too HIGHLY driven to push the agenda despite not laying out intricate plans or links in another completely different thread. Just keep derailing the OP topic which have been answered ages ago.

Additionally it's barely any authentic african ethnicities, whose actually living in Africa currently, in these threads about their home. Too much Americans in here.

Old 08-10-2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Adoswarrior,

You are now making things up and searching to make points and I don't want to detract from messages we are posting to others. No I never started off by saying that 40M AAs can or will move to Africa, the reality is most AAs won't move. While you think African countries wouldn't accept migrants I am here to tell you that it simply is not the case. First and most recently there has been significant efforts made by African nations to bring the diaspora back to Africa. Secondly, countries like Ethiopia historically has taken in refugees from other nations. Due keep in mind that many African nations have taken in others as well. Do I think AAs can move out of the country or should I absolutely think so.
I was addressing this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOSwarrior View Post
I been to Africa and I loved it but Africa is not accepting 40 million people all at once...Think realistically. As for the bolded Aframs are the ones who built this country and deserve whats owed to us.
And then you said this as a reply:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Afoswarrior,

Africans are going all over the globe and 40M people isn't a large number in comparison to the land in Africa. Namibia and Botswana can certainly use a population increase. As you and I know not all AAs would go to Africa realistically maybe a few thousand to a hundred would actually go.

You yourself said 40 million isn't a large number and that Namibia and Botswana can use an increase. So no one was making up anything. Anyways, like another poster said this is a dead horse.

Old 08-10-2019, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
As i stated previously, it's a over beaten horse corpse. Our culture as a whole or vast majority could of moved to anywhere in the Anglophone world back in the 1860s-70s especially to Africa. Only a significant small portion did and even smaller kept in contact. Everybody got their own reasons, financial situations, & predicaments which have been stated. Every cons about the USA stated, Pros of African countries stated, & surrealistic settings stated.

End of convo which someone else is Too HIGHLY driven to push the agenda despite not laying out intricate plans or links in another completely different thread. Just keep derailing the OP topic which have been answered ages ago.

Additionally it's barely any authentic african ethnicities, whose actually living in Africa currently, in these threads about their home. Too much Americans in here.

Facts.

Old 08-10-2019, 10:58 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,064,318 times
Adoswarrior,

Did I start off our dialogue with 40M people should move to Africa, this was in direct response to your comment! Do you know the number of people that have migrated to Africa? Anyways, can Africa take in 40M people yes it can very easily. Will 40M AAs actually go, no! Within the statement you extracted I clearly state that only a few thousand if not hundred would actually go. You are reaching and are trying to make a point of what? If you don't want AAs moving outside of the country then maybe state the reasons you feel as though AAs should stay rather than make pointless and baseless arguments.

The fact is that many African nations have taken in others that seek refuge. To your previous statements many African nations would certainly take in AAs. Again Ethiopia continues to host many people from other countries. Many people will find there way to places that make them feel comfortable and I suggest AAs exercise places where they are valued!

Discussing PanAfricanism is not bad at all especially for those that find interest in the subject matter. If you don't like the conversation don't post find another thread to comment on (Adoswarrior not exactly directing this comment to you). Intricate plans to move to Africa there is no such thing! Many people don't have an intricate plan when moving to the USA!

Old 08-11-2019, 12:02 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times
Seems pretty delusional. What does a Muslim from Somalia have in common with a evangelical Christian African American? .........Nothing.

African countries have their own issues, why would they want a bunch of people coming over to their countries from America? People they have no real cultural connection to? Unless you are taking millions and millions of dollars to invest in Africam you would probably be a burden to them. Many Africans look down on AA's.

Old 08-11-2019, 04:02 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Seems pretty delusional. What does a Muslim from Somalia have in common with a evangelical Christian African American? .........Nothing.

African countries have their own issues, why would they want a bunch of people coming over to their countries from America? People they have no real cultural connection to? Unless you are taking millions and millions of dollars to invest in Africam you would probably be a burden to them. Many Africans look down on AA's.
African nations love American dollars and POOR African Americans have no money to travel. Any African American with the MONEY to travel is not poor and educated.

Ghana gives citizenships to the descendants of slaves and some African Americans have already gotten citizenship that way. Other African Americans have moved to other countries in Africa.

It´s none of your business what Black people do, where we live, and what we do. Outside the US, Africans are generally happy to see African Americans because quite frankly, African Americans by virtue of living in the US are well off by far compared to the poverty Africans have to do.

You should also see the African immigrant communities in Europe. If they can find work while struggling to get legal status, they are working on the farms for 50 to 75 euros a day. Go to the Rambla in Barcelona and you´ll see Africans living in deplorable conditions. African Americans have an easy time in Europe because poor AAs don´t travel, as opposed to the refugees who come here from wherever in Africa.

It´s amazing when people talk nonsense about things they know nothing about.

Old 08-11-2019, 08:18 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times
[quote]
Quote:
African nations love American dollars and POOR African Americans have no money to travel. Any African American with the MONEY to travel is not poor and educated.
??

Quote:
Ghana gives citizenships to the descendants of slaves and some African Americans have already gotten citizenship that way. Other African Americans have moved to other countries in Africa.
thats great but hardly representative of the entire continent.

Quote:
It´s none of your business what Black people do, where we live, and what we do.
You're black? Oohhh That explains your obsession and angry rants on the Americas forum towards Latinos. Kind of ironic you would say "its none of your business" yet you feel the right to rant about dominicans and other Latinos. LOL hypocrite.

Quote:
It´s amazing when people talk nonsense about things they know nothing about.
Yeah I was thinking the same reading your posts, not only that but you come across angry an prejudice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa