Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2019, 11:12 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,640,485 times

Advertisements

This is also interesting. Some very experienced black IT and investment professionals have moved to The Gambia and started tech companies and training programs there.

Innovation in Gambia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egGCYKsINBI

"In this video, we get a tour of The Disruptive Lab which is a new facility in the Gambia aimed at empowering young people and getting 100,000 people jobs."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2019, 05:12 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,472,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
caribny,

You arguments are just lost and baseless. I just can't engage. Africans wouldn't look at me in any other way but being a fellow African.

OK. Being polite they know that this is what you want to hear.

How many Ghanaian languages are you fluent in by the way?

Old 11-22-2019, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post

CaribNY used to always talk about how much better West Indians are than African Americans. Then Trump became President and he got scared that the US might not viable for him and he might want to consider going back to Guyana. I think CaribNY is doing this out of FEAR.

Funny thing this. YOU were the one who ran to Europe when Trump became president. I live in the USA with no plans to leave.

If Trump chased you out of the USA just admit it. Its OK.

And you were also the one who used to rant about how you had no interest in anything to do with blacks, deliberately selecting places where the black populations were limited and keeping away from the few who lived there.

So I guess you will be off to Ghana and abandon Europe.

Old 11-22-2019, 05:59 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,037,487 times
Caribny, I am fluent in 5 languages (and know others enough to get around). I am fluent in Amharic for obvious reasons. I thought we went over this. Am not sure why you think I'd want to live in Ghana. You don't have to like what I or others have to say we never have to agree just make valid points stop twisting and turning things to fit your agenda, this is just a forum. If someone moved to Europe and they are living a better life be happy for them. If it doesn't work for you that is you.

To other posters, thanks for posting those videos. I've got to check out the Gambia video (I also follow Blaxit just no time to watch videos these days). I LOVE, Eat Love Migrate, ES is living her best life and seems happier and happier with each day. I'm sure she has her challenges but she is inspiring so many with her journey. I was so surprised and not surprised to see so many AA's specifically in Sierra Leone just about 10 years ago you'd be lucky to find one AA. ES also posted videos with the Traveling Sista who remains in Tanzania (I don't see her leaving there any time soon, please check out her channel). Dynast (Search for Uhuru) also has been sharing videos in Ghana he made with a lady from Sacramento or the Bay Area, she seems to be very happy that she repatriated to Ghana and she looks beautiful and traditionally African in her African clothes. I'll try to post this one if someone doesn't beat me to it as well as videos from two people that repatriated to Ghana.

Old 11-22-2019, 06:28 PM

6,082 posts, read 6,009,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
Village Voice:Black Hebrew Israelites

Chicago Sun Times: What to know about Black Hebrew Israelites, the group in that Covington Catholic video

NYPost:The secret romance of a black Army nurse and Nazi POW

Again, devils (and their collaborators) can come in many shapes & guises.

And again, not about name pointing nor calling, but about the importance of critique & criticism.
Some more back story, apparently they are zionists, a splinter group though, but still zionist.

Quote:
The movement’s founder, Ammi, believed that black Americans descended from the Israelite tribe of Judah. He said they migrated to West Africa after the destruction of the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem in AD 70 and were eventually sold as slaves to the United States.

In 1966, Ammi began gathering residents of Chicago’s ghettos and middle-class neighborhoods and led them to Liberia, the West African republic settled by freed slaves in the 19th century. They moved to Israel in 1969 to seek the sense of identity America had withheld.

The Israeli government didn’t know what to make of the newcomers who adopted Hebrew names and a West African style of dress and said they were neither Jews nor Christians. Over the years they’ve been mocked as cultists and “kushim,” a derogatory Hebrew term for blacks.

LATimes: Former Black Americans Now ‘Hebrew Israelites’

Like I said, the pan-plantation movement seems to be part of the Eur-Africa & Eur-Asia agenda, not surprised given the connections between the Britannica Bene Disrael, settler southern Africa, & the descendants of the Boers & their cape concubines.

One world, one massah, one holy & hallow plantation.

Last edited by kovert; 11-22-2019 at 06:43 PM..

Old 11-23-2019, 07:19 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,828,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Funny thing this. YOU were the one who ran to Europe when Trump became president. I live in the USA with no plans to leave.

If Trump chased you out of the USA just admit it. Its OK.

And you were also the one who used to rant about how you had no interest in anything to do with blacks, deliberately selecting places where the black populations were limited and keeping away from the few who lived there.

So I guess you will be off to Ghana and abandon Europe.
No. I was interested in Latin cultures along before Trump was into politics.

After getting a masters degree it was easy to get a visa for PhD/research to go to Spain. Even with a bachelors degree getting a visa for Europe can be hard. After moving here I then found out about the Sephardic citizenship.

I have no plans on leaving Spain and if I did it would be to Portugal.

I have no interest in moving to Ghana.

I never said that I had no interest in other Black people. When I was traveling I said I had no interest in the Anglo-Caribbean. You’re not exactly doing a great job of representing your people.

The bottom line is it’s my money and my time and I will go where I please and if you have issues with that it’s your damn problem, not mine.

Old 11-24-2019, 09:23 AM

2,613 posts, read 2,048,131 times
The point is that Pan-Africanism does exist & Afram have a small diaspora in African countries.

Old 11-25-2019, 02:10 PM

6,082 posts, read 6,009,211 times
Malik on the multi-national corporatists & their co-option of pan-African propaganda.

Malcolm X Speaks: p.86;

p.197;

p. 205-206;

p. 213;

Even Chancellor Williams gave disclosure that he was deep state Cold Warrior & on the payroll of a Scandinavian privatization org.

Now these cats were looking to make a payoff from the global capitalist bloc, at least they were upfront about it, modern Atlantic Afrocentrics not so much.

Now I'm not advocating for a return to some fantastical afro-marxist utopia which never existed, but one should acknowledge the way the Atlantic plantation system is the fundamental foundation of the global capitalist system & how that was not just used for bio & cultural genocide against the aboriginals of the Pacific & Americas, but also the aborigine ancestors of the Twa & Mbuti of the forests of western, central & eastern Africa, as well as the Khoisan or Saab peoples of settler southern Africa.

Old 12-05-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post

I never said that I had no interest in other Black people. When I was traveling I said I had no interest in the Anglo-Caribbean. You’re not exactly doing a great job of representing your people.

Your disinterest in blacks was revealed during a discussion of Colombia. You went to long lengths detailing that you aren't interested in visiting regions of Latin America with large populations. You became extremely angry at a suggestion that just because you identify as "black" that you should be expected to be interested in regions with large black populations.

You were quite clear. Latin cultures interest you. Just not the Afro Latin ones.

Whether I represent or don't represent the Anglo Caribbean population well is your issue. On the NY Forum site they don't think highly of your writing capabilities. Neither here nor there with me, but it just goes to show that the opinions that one poster can have of another is really irrelevant.

Old 12-05-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
The point is that Pan-Africanism does exist & Afram have a small diaspora in African countries.

I would welcome a discussion from you on the dynamics between Francophone Muslim West Africans who live in Harlem and the local black American population. This group has been living there now for more than a generation so both groups would have had long enough time to discover each other.

There are some black people who have a valid interest in learning and experiencing a broad variety of Afro derived cultures, but to claim that this is broad based, or that it is deep rooted is being a bit naïve or dishonest. Outside of a segment of the intellectual class I will submit that it doesn't exist. The groups band together only when facing an outside threat, like police brutality, which will impact both black Americans and Francophone Muslim West Africans.

If you think otherwise feel free to do so, but my barber is a Muslim from Ivory Coast, and there is a definite gap between the Francophone Africans/Caribbeans in that shop and the black Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa