Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2018, 08:09 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,829,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
I don't know, doesn't this coincide with when the Asiatics first arrived in Egypt? By eugenics, yes, it does reek of modern eugenics to me (it draws from history, anthropology, genealogy, etc...just seems like a continuation of 18/19th century thought patterns. You'll run into that when looking at East African history).
Highly unlikely Iberomaurusians have are estimated to have lived in the Atlas mountain of Western North Africa for at least 20,000 years and would have had to pass through Egypt. The indigenous North African component of Egyptians appears to be a blend of Maghrebi(descended in part from the Ibermaurusians) and Levantine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 12:19 PM
AFP

The more updated term is Oranian rather than Ibero-Maurusian because it is now known that the culture did not extend into the Iberian peninsula. However the term isn't universally used and you are more likely to find online material under Ibero-Maurusian.

Old 07-14-2018, 12:45 AM

9,813 posts, read 14,667,492 times
These Egyptians are not very happy with the Afrocentrics claiming Ancient Egypt. Not happy at all.

This was aired on national Egyptian television.

If anyone understand Arabic, can you verify if this guy is truly saying what's in the captions?

Last edited by AntonioR; 07-14-2018 at 12:53 AM..

Old 07-14-2018, 11:56 AM
AFP

That video was over the top but what I can say without doubt because I participated in a couple of North African English speaking boards for several months is that the vast majority pretty much despise African Americans claiming Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia. This video is over the top though. They will never accept African Americans though I have no doubt about it.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:05 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,542,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
That video was over the top but what I can say without doubt because I participated in a couple of North African English speaking boards for several months is that the vast majority pretty much despise African Americans claiming Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia. This video is over the top though. They will never accept African Americans though I have no doubt about it.
Don't know if it was said already but I don't think that many "African Americans" claim Egypt....most "African Americans" are just stating that the ancient Egyptians would be seen as Negro. Some people act like it's so impossible. Didn't the Kingdom of Kush spread all the way to India?

The word Arab or Ereb just means a mixture of people.

Old 07-18-2018, 10:58 PM

7,513 posts, read 11,306,806 times
Quote:

most "African Americans" are just stating that the ancient Egyptians would be seen as Negro. Some people act like it's so impossible.
Ok but you'll need to take into account the stone age migrations of middle eastern peoples into North Africa. These people had to enter Africa through Egypt. So the question is how much did they impact the early Egyptian population?

Middle Eastern migrations:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0526105349.htm

Here's a pic of an Old Kingdom architect named Hemiunu. Is Hemiunu a Nubian descendant Egyptian or a middle eastern descendant Egyptian?

Hemiunu:

Old 07-19-2018, 05:08 AM

241 posts, read 142,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Ok but you'll need to take into account the stone age migrations of middle eastern peoples into North Africa. These people had to enter Africa through Egypt. So the question is how much did they impact the early Egyptian population?

Here's a pic of an Old Kingdom architect named Hemiunu. Is Hemiunu a Nubian descendant Egyptian or a middle eastern descendant Egyptian?

Hemiunu:

First off, what the heck is a Middle Eastern person? There was no use of the term in that era so please reference the exact tribes/individuals you are stating migrated into KMT. Secondly, your link is talking about 40,000 years ago when KMT was formulated by Narmer in around 3100BC. Hemiunu’s family is clearly of African descent from Khafra (his cousin) to Sneferu (his grandpa)...so we cannot assume that Hemiunu isn’t the same. Even if he is of mixed race...it doesn’t mean that outside forces had significant affect on the culture. Barack Obama was half-Kenyan...did that mean that Kenyan people ran and controlled the USA during his two terms? Absolutely not. The USA was just as Euro dominated during Obama’s two terms as it always have been.

Lastly, you could potentially be making the assumption that the features in that bust are features of a “middle eastern” person but East Africans had those features before there was anything considered a “Middle East”. There are tribes in Ethiopia, Eritrea, Sudan, and etc to this day that have thin noses, lips, and straight hair and are indigenous...and there are others that have broad noses, full lips, and kinky hair. So don’t take the look of the average Akan, Igbo, Yoruba, or Malinke and use it as the measure of all African people.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:07 AM

2,323 posts, read 1,542,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post

Hemiunu:

Like the new poster (not me by the way) said, what is "middle eastern?"

We all know that Middle East is a pretty recent concept in the grand scheme of things. Will I see the middle east if on older maps or did people in those days speak of the middle east as we do today?

Old 07-19-2018, 07:40 AM
AFP

Quote:

We all know that Middle East is a pretty recent concept in the grand scheme of things. Will I see the middle east if on older maps or did people in those days speak of the middle east as we do today?
Archeogenetics has identified those ancient migrations as being from the Levant and Eastern Anatolia and they pre-date the Neolitic migration by at least 5,000 years in the case of Northern Morocco(the migration route was across north Africa the primary genetic component clusters with the Levant and with minor amounts of East African which clusters with the Hadza, it appears that the East African is on the maternal side). Debates on the semantics of geography is a waste of time.

Last edited by AFP; 07-19-2018 at 07:51 AM..

Old 07-19-2018, 01:01 PM

7,513 posts, read 11,306,806 times
Quote:

In the case of the Egyptians western Asia(Levant) is where they are related to according to recent DNA testing on mummies.

The results of a recent test on a middle kingdom mummy:

"But there were questions, including from Loreille, about the extraction. Was the DNA the first DNA to be extracted from an Egyptian mummy or had it been contaminated? To their surprise, while modern Egyptians are closely related to people in sub-Saharan Africa, the mitochondrial DNA extracted from the mummy indicated the governor came from Eurasian ancestry. To confirm the results, the F.B.I. team sent samples to Harvard and the Department of Homeland Security for further testing. Those results also indicated Eurasian ancestry.

While that work was going on, researchers from University of Tuebingen and the Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History were able to sequence the genomes of three ancient Egyptian mummies, finding that they were related to people from the eastern Mediterranean.

While Loreille tells St. Fleur she was disappointed not to be the first to publish DNA results from an ancient Egyptian mummy, the Max Planck study helps confirm that her findings of Eurasian ancestry are probably correct."

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...ead-180968674/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa