Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2018, 10:53 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,892,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Are Egyptians arabs?
Egytians are culturally Arabized but they aren't Arabs they're Egyptian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2018, 11:56 AM

241 posts, read 143,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
If we look at the art of ancient Egypt we can see that numerous tribes of varying genetic types (substitute the loaded term 'races' if that helps you) lived in and ruled Egypt over a period spanning thousands of years.

It is not hard to recognize that there were sub-Saharan Black, Semitic, and Mediterranean European people in ancient Egypt, both as rulers of civilization and victims of civilization.

And recognize that. The idea the people are divided into rulers and subjects, opressors and the oppressed, is a core characteristic of civilization.

I don't know of any Egyptology or History textbook recognized by historians and scientists in the 21st century, or even most of the 20th century, that insists that the Egyptians are white. his is just a ploy that Afrocentrists use to play victim.

Otherwise, can we just recategorize the Africa sub-forum under the Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal heading? Because the so-called descendants of KMT refuse to play nice with the science the Egyptians invented.
You have nothing to add here...why not go to the Europe and Middle Eastern forums where you can be a contributing member?

Old 09-24-2018, 12:06 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,559,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allamshield View Post
What proof would a white person have that indicates that all Ancient Egyptians where white. Even there is artwork on the walls of pyramids and ancient artifacts that indicate that they were more than likely brown in color. Even having curly afros and braided/ dredlocked hair.
I don't believe they were white. I'm just amused at some of these guys trying to backdoor their history into an East African society and culture. It's clear that caucasians think or want other people to think that KMT were Euro looking people due to the media's portrayal.

Abqconvict, not sure if you were talking about me but I'm not an "Afro-centric" person, whatever that is (and there's no "victim playing" here. There's no benefit to that).

Old 09-25-2018, 12:16 AM

4,659 posts, read 4,117,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
First, I didn't have to search hard for this example. It's only strange to you because you have a limited idea about what black people look like. Second, you are correct. Blue eyes are a mutation, so there won't be large groups of blacks running around with blue eyes, and certainly not in Africa where it wouldn't serve them. Brown eyes are melanated eyes designed to protect you from the sun. Like brown skin.

You are the one who posted mummies with blue eyes and blonde hair to prove a point, but now you're saying the idea is stupid. Pick a side.
No, you don't understand.

There are large numbers of mummies and statues with blue eyes, green eyes, red and blonde hair. They do not represent a few inidviduals with random mutations. They represent fairly common population traits. The Egytpians were not a magical black people that regularly mutated to blue eyes. They were a mixed race people due to the fact that Egypt ahs been a migration cooridor for 50,000 years.

It is really not that hard to understand...you just don't want to.

Old 09-25-2018, 11:19 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,342,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuterion View Post
You have nothing to add here...why not go to the Europe and Middle Eastern forums where you can be a contributing member?
Why don't you put me there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
Abqconvict, not sure if you were talking about me but I'm not an "Afro-centric" person, whatever that is (and there's no "victim playing" here. There's no benefit to that).
Na, I wasn't.

Old 10-06-2018, 10:28 AM

6,084 posts, read 6,041,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
He just keeps bringing up that he's black and goes into to a description of his phenotypes including having a massive dick. He actually originally typed his junk was massive. LOL like it's proof of blackness.

Indeed, truly they have been assimilated into the plantation collective.

Old 10-08-2018, 05:26 AM

295 posts, read 245,940 times
Black Americans know that they are descendants of people from Africa. Most Black Americans go to U.S. public schools.

In U.S. public schools, (usually) the only region in Africa that gets coverage in history classes is Ancient Egypt. Therefore, Black Americans who want to associate themselves with Africa end up referencing Ancient Egypt.

You will find the same pattern in U.S. documentaries, TV shows and movies as well. If African history is referenced, it will most likely be Ancient Egypt.

I think it's because the U.S. draws most of its history content from European sources and the only African places that show up in those records are on the Mediterranean coast.

Old 10-20-2018, 12:43 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,041,562 times
Not surprised the response is "Massah does it, so why can't I".

Assimilation into the globalist plantation nation.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:09 PM

177 posts, read 193,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
Not surprised the response is "Massah does it, so why can't I".

Assimilation into the globalist plantation nation.

African Americans 'claiming Egypt' is the same as Western Europeans claiming Rome or Greece, when their cultures intersected as educated vs barbarians and lets not even explore the movie industry, and its history of representing world culture by a white guy in boot polish and a turban. A worldwide industry until recently, confronted by its history of cultural appropriation and its outdated excuse that this is what White Americans want to watch.

American Slaves came from West Africa predominantly and can obviously find ancestors across the continent. They can make the claim with a high degree of authenticity and credibility. Specificity may be impossible and theorycrafting becomes just as valid as any other when it comes to Ancient Egypt, of which there are many.

--------

The real information to be gleaned from this thread, as no doubt interested readers may note - is that we like to hear stories that make us feel good about ourselves, especially those who feel they have less than they should. We are sometimes prepared to listen to and to perpetuate what we know to be wrong but still makes us feel good as it appears not to negatively affect us.

This applies to racism; bigotry, sexism and any other isms posters might hold in their own personal lives.

Simply by reading text, I can determine generation, ethnicity and class. Obsession around race and arguments that support decades-old outdated and discarded theory further tightens identification of demographics.

For me, when I reach an age where my generation's worst traits have been exposed and vilified, leaving me alone and feeling disenfranchised - I'll be sure to understand why the old arguments no longer carry weight and why my views are unwanted.

Why? Because I'd rather be happy and old than old, cynical and sad.

Old 10-25-2018, 10:47 PM

7,528 posts, read 11,360,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concaine View Post

African Americans 'claiming Egypt' is the same as Western Europeans claiming Rome or Greece,
Be careful trying to over Africanize ancient Egypt. Meaning,I've seen too many examples of people trying to connect every black African tribe in sub-Saharan Africa to Egypt. Then people want to make ancient Egypt the main face for all things African. Egypt was unique on the African continent. What you find in Egypt you don't find in sub-Saharan Africa. For example. No sub-Saharan Africans developed the type of hieroglyphic writing that you find in Egypt and that they used to teach and leave written records with. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa