Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2018, 05:35 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,559,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
It is pretty hard to when some one is spitting lies and outright misinformation.
I'm not sure who you're speaking of. Anyway, I'm checking out of this thread.

Last edited by Chevalier de Saint-George; 11-30-2018 at 05:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 05:55 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
I'm not saying that "african Americans" are Melanesians or Micronesians...I'm talking more the appearance of the people that were seen but I just used those two groups as a point of reference.
You cannot deduce who someone's distant ancestors were solely the way they look.

However, Melanesians and Native Americans share distant ancestors. Melanesian DNA has now been found in some South Americans.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015...alf-globe-away

Old 11-30-2018, 05:59 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,463,233 times
I don't want to be rude Suzy, but I'm tired. I feel like we keep going in circles. I def appreciate you having an honest and civil convo with me. That doesn't happen a lot on CD. I just feel like I don't have much more than needs to be said. I do think my views will not seem so outlandish sooner than later. 80s_kid is right in that this mentality is here to stay. All of you who can trace your history for years are very lucky. I can't describe how it feels to know you come from a place when all your life people have tried to tell you you're nothing. It's not even about trying to be non-African for most of us. We just want to know who we are, and it seems that we are the descendants of indigenous Americans.

Just imagine someone telling your family to leave the neighborhood you've lived in for decades, brings some new people in and then tell YOU that you actually came from a totally different neighborhood. That's crazy, but that's what happened in America.

Old 11-30-2018, 06:14 PM

112 posts, read 62,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
I don't want to be rude Suzy, but I'm tired. I feel like we keep going in circles. I def appreciate you having an honest and civil convo with me. That doesn't happen a lot on CD. I just feel like I don't have much more than needs to be said. I do think my views will not seem so outlandish sooner than later. 80s_kid is right in that this mentality is here to stay. All of you who can trace your history for years are very lucky. I can't describe how it feels to know you come from a place when all your life people have tried to tell you you're nothing. It's not even about trying to be non-African for most of us. We just want to know who we are, and it seems that we are the descendants of indigenous Americans.

Just imagine someone telling your family to leave the neighborhood you've lived in for decades, brings some new people in and then tell YOU that you actually came from a totally different neighborhood. That's crazy, but that's what happened in America.
Most African-Americans don't have Native-American ancestry, neither do most White Americans. African-Americans do not have countries in Africa they can claim because they have no known ancestors from that county only what a DNA test predicts.

Old 11-30-2018, 06:31 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,463,233 times
The NA that shows up on those tests are from below the border. Which makes sense because they have retained more of their culture. Most Americans who have been here for a couple hundred years or more are fully integrated into the "American" identity. This cuts across race lines. The Greeks are about the only people I know of who really retain their culture.

Old 11-30-2018, 07:03 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,397,426 times
Quote:
You have copies of documents from my family's history going back to the 1500s? PLEASE tell me where I can pick them up and how much you're charging for delivery. Thanks.
Clearly if you are black American, your ancestry can't go back further than that in the Americas.Why would you need documents anyway? You seem to have insight into some secret erased history that only blacks Americans are aware of. LOL.

Last edited by UrbanLuis; 11-30-2018 at 07:21 PM..

Old 11-30-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
. We just want to know who we are, and it seems that we are the descendants of indigenous Americans.

Crazy talk.

Old 11-30-2018, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You cannot deduce who someone's distant ancestors were solely the way they look.

However, Melanesians and Native Americans share distant ancestors. Melanesian DNA has now been found in some South Americans.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015...alf-globe-away
Good post suzy.

Old 11-30-2018, 07:13 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,327,185 times
Quote:
We just want to know who we are, and it seems that we are the descendants of indigenous Americans.
Or were the indigenous Americans descendants of the Africans, like everyone else, even us whities! We all came from Africa, no matter how much or how little melanin is in your skin.

Old 11-30-2018, 07:19 PM

112 posts, read 62,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Or were the indigenous Americans descendants of the Africans, like everyone else, even us, whities! We all came from Africa, no matter how much or how little melanin is in your skin.
No we didn't all come from Africa. And if we did that doesn't mean everyone has black in them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa