Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 01:39 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,462,110 times

Advertisements

From the Nineteenth Annual Report of the Bureau of American Ethnology: To the Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution, 1897-98:

...it is not commonly known that in all the southern colonies Indian slaves were bought and sold and kept in servitude and worked in the field side by side with negroes up to the time of the Revolution.

AND

Furthermore, as the coast tribes dwindled they were compelled to associate and intermarry with the negroes until they finally lost their identity and were classed with that race, so that a considerable proportion of the blood of the southern negroes is unquestionably Indian.

Source: (page 233 if you want to see it in print): https://books.google.com/books/about...d=G94KAQAAIAAJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2018, 02:48 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
I'm not getting into a discussion on DNA. I've already addressed why black Indians' blood will trace back to Africa. Believe what you want.
Refusing to discuss DNA is a cop out. You have not addressed why "black Indians' blood" will trace back to Africa through any mode other than connection to the slave trade.

Old 11-25-2018, 02:56 PM

Ma'am, I rest my case. This is no longer up for debate as far as I'm concerned. Your United States government produced a report in the late 1800s that tells you everything you need to know. This is why this country is never going to prosper under current leadership. People love lies more than they love the truth.

I want to thank you guys for badgering me. Were it not for you, I might not have found this stuff!

Old 11-25-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
From the Nineteenth Annual Report of the Bureau of American Ethnology: To the Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution, 1897-98:

...it is not commonly known that in all the southern colonies Indian slaves were bought and sold and kept in servitude and worked in the field side by side with negroes up to the time of the Revolution.

AND

Furthermore, as the coast tribes dwindled they were compelled to associate and intermarry with the negroes until they finally lost their identity and were classed with that race, so that a considerable proportion of the blood of the southern negroes is unquestionably Indian.

Source: (page 233 if you want to see it in print): https://books.google.com/books/about...d=G94KAQAAIAAJ

Really? A citation from over a century ago, when DNA does not confirm that "a considerable proportion of the blood of the southern negroes is unquestionably Indian"?

From Dr. Henry Louis Gates:

https://www.theroot.com/high-cheekbo...air-1790878167

Old 11-25-2018, 03:42 PM

Dr. Gates works in a white supremacist institution. He can only say what they allow him to say. Having a PhD means you met the requirements of said institution. They have to approve your dissertation. You just can't go off and say what you want, especially if it contradicts conventional scholarship. Having a PhD, at minimum, says you spent a lot of time in school. It doesn't mean you're knowledgeable.

We all have access to the library.

Old 11-25-2018, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Dr. Gates works in a white supremacist institution. He can only say what they allow him to say. Having a PhD means you met the requirements of said institution. They have to approve your dissertation. You just can't go off and say what you want, especially if it contradicts conventional scholarship. Having a PhD, at minimum, says you spent a lot of time in school. It doesn't mean you're knowledgeable.

We all have access to the library.
Harvard? White supremacist? LOL!

https://aaas.fas.harvard.edu/people/...louis-gates-jr

Old 11-25-2018, 04:54 PM

Yes. I'm not saying that to disparage him or the institution. It is what it is. Follow the money.

ETA: Speaking of Skip Gates. He has Irish ancestry. What's interesting is that the Choctaw Indians sent relief to the Irish during the potato famine. That shows they were more than "savages" as they were often depicted. How can savages raise money and send food to another nation? They had to have the means to do it. Anyway, this can partly explain why Irish and "blacks" intermingled. I am rumored to have Choctaw in my lineage, but I haven't found the proof yet. And it looks like I may have found links to Irish heritage (also not yet substantiated). I had a friend in elementary school who knew she had Irish ancestry. Back then we used to laugh it off, but it's amazing to see the links now. The Choctaw had vast amounts of land.

I am not doubting Dr. Gates has intelligence, but his mind has been molded by his institution. It is hard for people like him to think outside the box. And you can get blacklisted for going against the grain in that arena.

Last edited by treemoni; 11-25-2018 at 05:05 PM..

Old 11-25-2018, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Yes. I'm not saying that to disparage him or the institution. It is what it is. Follow the money.

ETA: Speaking of Skip Gates. He has Irish ancestry. What's interesting is that the Choctaw Indians sent relief to the Irish during the potato famine. That shows they were more than "savages" as they were often depicted. How can savages raise money and send food to another nation? They had to have the means to do it. Anyway, this can partly explain why Irish and "blacks" intermingled. I am rumored to have Choctaw in my lineage, but I haven't found the proof yet. And it looks like I may have found links to Irish heritage (also not yet substantiated). I had a friend in elementary school who knew she had Irish ancestry. Back then we used to laugh it off, but it's amazing to see the links now. The Choctaw had vast amounts of land.

I am not doubting Dr. Gates has intelligence, but his mind has been molded by his institution. It is hard for people like him to think outside the box. And you can get blacklisted for going against the grain in that arena.
What money? You bring it up, you need to source it.

What actual evidence do you have that it is hard for Dr. Gates to "think outside of the box"? From what I have read he just follows the evidence, and he essentially established his department at Harvard. Sounds like he was doing the molding to me. I suspect it would be extremely difficult to blacklist him.

Yes, I know Dr. Gates has Irish ancestry. He and my 100% European DH are DNA matches at 23AndMe. DH has a big chunk of Irish ancestry, too.

The Choctaw were one of the "Five Civilized Tribes". Who was calling them "savages"?

Old 11-25-2018, 06:12 PM

We are getting way off topic here. Harvard has a cajillion dollar endowment. When I say, "follow the money" it means look to see who funds the institution. I'm not interested in doing that, but a place like Harvard serves its purpose in American society. Just know that 99% of the black people in leadership positions within government or prominent institutions are there because they aren't a threat to the system. But I don't want this to veer off anymore. We have moved far from Africa.

Old 11-25-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
We are getting way off topic here. Harvard has a cajillion dollar endowment. When I say, "follow the money" it means look to see who funds the institution. I'm not interested in doing that, but a place like Harvard serves its purpose in American society. Just know that 99% of the black people in leadership positions within government or prominent institutions are there because they aren't a threat to the system. But I don't want this to veer off anymore. We have moved far from Africa.
You are the one who initiated this conversation.

You say, "My point is that all current black Americans are NOT just descendants of the documented slave trade. Many of them were here BEFORE Europeans landed. They came on their own free will and lived in peace until the invaders came."

You still have not provided any anthropolgical evidence to support that statement.

I would also like to see you support the statement that "99% of the black people in leadership positions within government or prominent institutions are there because they aren't a threat to the system".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa