Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2020, 10:59 PM

4,657 posts, read 4,116,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Then what exactly is Ramses III DNA?
Nobody really knows. In fact, nobody really knows if it is even extractable.

Ancient DNA: Curse of the Pharaoh's DNA : Nature News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2020, 11:27 PM

7,526 posts, read 11,358,025 times
^^
I've read where some black Americans have gotten their DNA results from 23andMe telling them that they share the same e1b1a as Ramses III.

Example:

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/...c075593f4.html

Last edited by Motion; 04-30-2020 at 11:37 PM..

Old 05-01-2020, 07:01 AM

Didn't Zahi Hawass find that Ramses III was e1b1a?

Old 05-01-2020, 11:41 PM

Quote:
^^
I've read where some black Americans have gotten their DNA results from 23andMe telling them that they share the same e1b1a as Ramses III.

Example:

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/...c075593f4.html
I am not sure what you think this proves. The point is that DNA tribes based its work off of falsified JAMA results. I have cited the sources for you.

Quote:
Didn't Zahi Hawass find that Ramses III was e1b1a?
Not that I have ever seen.

Old 05-02-2020, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I am not sure what you think this proves. The point is that DNA tribes based its work off of falsified JAMA results. I have cited the sources for you.

Not that I have ever seen.
Isn't 23andMe a credible DNA company? Why would they be telling people that they share the same DNA as Ramses III? I would think that they would know if those e1b1a results were questionable for Ramses III. Is 23andMe operating on mis-information?

I mentioned Zahi Hawass because I've seen where various people have said that he had DNA testing done on Ramses III in 2012 and his people found him to be e1b1a.

Old 05-07-2020, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Isn't 23andMe a credible DNA company? Why would they be telling people that they share the same DNA as Ramses III? I would think that they would know if those e1b1a results were questionable for Ramses III. Is 23andMe operating on mis-information?

I mentioned Zahi Hawass because I've seen where various people have said that he had DNA testing done on Ramses III in 2012 and his people found him to be e1b1a.
Again, DNA pay for result companies don't test Egyptian mummies. I have not heard anything about 23andme, but I am guessing that they are also basing their analysis on the JAMA tests. I have heard nothing about Hawass.

Do you have sources for any of this? I mean, I just googled "23andme Ramesses DNA test" and all that came up was advertisements for their kits, so I do not believe that anything like this ever happened.

POST SCRIPT:

Yeah, they were using the JAMA results, and again, did no independent testing. Here is an answer from Quara:

23andme is a commercial company that benefit from such advertising ,
His paternal lineage is disputed because they used bad technology ( that depends on guessing ) and thus provided insufficient data that didn’t give probable lineage ,
an independent geneticist used newer tools to determine his Paternal lineage and found that he belonged instead to E1b1b which is native north african lineage,
K = 14 admixture analysis of ancient Egyptian genomes

I, by the way, would have to see details of that before I would believe it.

Old 05-08-2020, 12:39 AM

This mentions the DNA test done on Ramses III by Zahi Hawass in 2012. I don't see where a hapologroup was mentioned.

Mystery of Ramses III's death unravelled - Ancient Egypt - Heritage - Ahram Online

Old 05-08-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
This mentions the DNA test done on Ramses III by Zahi Hawass in 2012. I don't see where a hapologroup was mentioned.

Mystery of Ramses III's death unravelled - Ancient Egypt - Heritage - Ahram Online
Well thanks for that, but yeah, where is the result?

Old 05-17-2020, 10:49 PM

432 posts, read 284,782 times
Racists interiors know they never built anything in africa. Stop explaining real history to people who still claim colombus as the founder of America

Old 05-19-2020, 12:37 PM

3 posts, read 2,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadsuper55 View Post
Racists interiors know they never built anything in africa. Stop explaining real history to people who still claim colombus as the founder of America

Yeah some people here I've noticed are clearly tasked with antagonizing black people through low ball implications of black inferiority through a Eurocentric and blatantly white supremacist interpretation of history. I see these types over on anthro-forums weaponizing and racializing genetic research for the purpose of mystifying ancient racial history. People from the caves are trying to claim to have built civilizations, but cannot find any civilization in the caves where they are from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa