Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2020, 11:48 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,064,318 times

Advertisements

For those that don't know what I am commenting about. People can see the full clip of the murder which is unfortunate as have been many other tragedies that are racially based. If some of you think that racism doesn't exist in the USA and or is a myth that is not the case and no one should invalidate the occurrences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnIg3y-ULNE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2020, 10:14 AM

758 posts, read 1,226,296 times
Some black people tend to overlook racism against blacks from other non-white people because they focus on the idea that
the only racism is white against non-white. This is because most who have this view live in white dominated societies, Europe
and the USA, Canada. Much research, documentaries, books have been written in the West for years about White racism toward Blacks and other non-white people. Not much research has been done about racism against blacks in other non-white,
non-black countries.

It should be understood, Asians evolved as mostly heterogeneous societies, they have historically valued light skin over dark skin and
view themselves as a superior people whatever their ethnicity. Upon contact with Europeans and Africans, they developed an
inferiority complex toward the Europeans(European colonialism/dominance put the icing on the cake that was already baked) and a superiority complex toward Africans.

Racism against Africans have been going on in China since the 1960s when Congolese students went there for an exchange program as I think the Congo was trying to be a part of the Communist Block.

The cultural pecking order for Asians is Whites at the top and Blacks at the bottom. So to me, there is no surprise of the way Africans are treated in China. Again, the Chinese washing machine advertisement speaks volumes.

Last edited by Agbor; 05-09-2020 at 10:28 AM..

Old 08-07-2020, 12:53 AM

295 posts, read 245,782 times
Some citizens of China have become self conscious and embarrassed about countries around the world associating them with COVID-19. Some lash out by trying to pin the blame on other groups. There were stories coming out of China that the U.S. started the pandemic. Since blaming the U.S. didn't work, now they've turned their attention to Africans.

Old 08-08-2020, 11:28 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,530,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier de Saint-George View Post
Folks, anger or being dissatisfied over a situation is okay. Bayareagirl, I'm familiar with Gaddafi's vision but I'm also not okay with what's happening in Guangdong. Your people taking a hit like this is not okay is all I'm saying are you cool with that? When I read about Africans being denied from eating at a Chinese spot on China, I do think of colonial views. Yes, I edited my comments to to bring out that there was always a certain weird view the Chinese (not all) had and the opportunity came.
Bayareagirl operates with the premise that because the USA and China have fast become enemies, and she sees the USA as an enemy this means that China is a friend. You are perfectly correct that China is developing neocolonial arrangements with Africa akin to that which the Europeans had, and to a degree still have. If the Europeans are wrong then so are the Chinese, but its not PC to criticize a nation, which dumps hundreds of thousands of its own people in concentration camps, only because that nation also criticizes the West.

Old 08-08-2020, 11:33 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,530,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agbor View Post
Some black people tend to overlook racism against blacks from other non-white people because they focus on the idea that
the only racism is white against non-white. This is because most who have this view live in white dominated societies, Europe
and the USA, Canada. Much research, documentaries, books have been written in the West for years about White racism toward Blacks and other non-white people. Not much research has been done about racism against blacks in other non-white,
non-black countries.

It should be understood, Asians evolved as mostly heterogeneous societies, they have historically valued light skin over dark skin and
view themselves as a superior people whatever their ethnicity. Upon contact with Europeans and Africans, they developed an
inferiority complex toward the Europeans(European colonialism/dominance put the icing on the cake that was already baked) and a superiority complex toward Africans.

Racism against Africans have been going on in China since the 1960s when Congolese students went there for an exchange program as I think the Congo was trying to be a part of the Communist Block.

The cultural pecking order for Asians is Whites at the top and Blacks at the bottom. So to me, there is no surprise of the way Africans are treated in China. Again, the Chinese washing machine advertisement speaks volumes.
You are correct. Non black people of color often try to align with whites and so adopt anti black attitudes, and when they have the power to implement these perspectives they often do. And what makes it worse is that they lack the guilt about this that many whites have, and hide behind the fact that white racism is more pervasive because more blacks live in white dominated societies, so are more impacted by this. I include Latin America as "white" dominated, even though many are mixed.

Old 08-09-2020, 08:13 AM

758 posts, read 1,226,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
You are correct. Non black people of color often try to align with whites and so adopt anti black attitudes, and when they have the power to implement these perspectives they often do. And what makes it worse is that they lack the guilt about this that many whites have, and hide behind the fact that white racism is more pervasive because more blacks live in white dominated societies, so are more impacted by this. I include Latin America as "white" dominated, even though many are mixed.
I saw this at work once, there was a 2nd Generation American-Born Indian Administrator, nice,cool guy
( I didn't have to work for him.) He had two administrative assistants one American White, the other who
is my friend was a pure black Jamaican female. They both had accrued time to earn days off, he would
give my Jamaican friend flack about why she should not take days off ( to help run her side business) and
why he needed her in the office. The American White girl she could take days off with no problem.

My Jamaican friend said the same thing you did. I am starting to get the impression educated, Indian men
seem to be whiny and needy I read somewhere they are "mama's" boys and are spoiled.

The game Latin people play seems to be: " I am not racist because I don't mind sleeping and socialization
with Black, you Americans are racists because you segregate and run away from Black and want to keep your
purity. Latin racism = "Let's get rid of the Black by sleeping with it, we can make it disappear" (France is
included in this also).

Anglo/Northern European Racism/South Africa = "Let's get rid of the Black by keeping it away from us
Jim Crow/Apartheid/Anti-miscegenation laws so we can maintain our genetic recessive purity.

Old 08-09-2020, 08:27 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,182,679 times
Quote:
Who cares if anyone feels guilty or not? All other races ARE guilty of dominating over blacks in every country and continent on this earth. Every race hates black people and every race proves it every single day. That's all that really matters.

Old 08-09-2020, 11:48 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,064,318 times
Quote:
Bayareagirl operates with the premise that because the USA and China have fast become enemies, and she sees the USA as an enemy this means that China is a friend. You are perfectly correct that China is developing neocolonial arrangements with Africa akin to that which the Europeans had, and to a degree still have. If the Europeans are wrong then so are the Chinese, but its not PC to criticize a nation, which dumps hundreds of thousands of its own people in concentration camps, only because that nation also criticizes the West.
So this should be reported. Why do you have to throw in my name to make a comment to another poster. Oh no I have never stated that the USA is an enemy please show me this, I will wait and if you can't I will certainly have to report this, I don't ever randomly bring you up.

My position has been that NO country is perfect. I don't see China being any lessor than the USA. Instead of making personal attacks the truth should not bother you and you should try to understand a perspective differing from your own.

The Chinese have been instrumental partners with African nations without imposing restrictions. Have they been perfect no. Europe and the USA have not had a good history when it comes to Africa, aid and many other factors have crippled African nations. Stating these facts does not mean I hate or prefer any country over the other. When Europe and the USA can work with nations in partnership there would be fewer complaints - btw my sentiments are not mine alone even Europeans and USA scholars have noted as such.

Old 08-11-2020, 09:54 AM

2,323 posts, read 1,559,026 times
Hey, is reporting really necessary? He is dogging you out. Just stating his perspective on this subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa