Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > AI
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2023, 01:40 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times

Advertisements

good.

Quote:
Elon Musk has approached artificial intelligence researchers in recent weeks about forming a new research lab to develop an alternative to ChatGPT, the high-profile chatbot made by the startup OpenAI, according to two people with direct knowledge of the effort and a third person briefed on the conversations.
In recent months Musk has repeatedly criticized OpenAI for installing safeguards that prevent ChatGPT from producing text that might offend users. Musk, who co-founded OpenAI in 2015 but has since cut ties with the startup, suggested last year that OpenAI’s technology was an example of “training AI to be woke.” His comments imply that a rival chatbot would have fewer restrictions on divisive subjects compared to ChatGPT and a related chatbot Microsoft recently launched.
he just tweeted this image.
Attached Thumbnails
Fighting ‘Woke AI,’ Musk Recruits Team to Develop OpenAI Rival-fqeyfoswwcwmbgw.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2023, 01:51 PM

13,419 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
good.

he just tweeted this image.
Hmmmm, interesting.

I’m curious to see where this goes.

I am not a fan of censorship, I think it’s better to see what people are thinking and to get it out there into the public discourse.

It’s a minefield though. Does AI write glowing pieces complimenting Pol Pot because he was successful at genocide? It does AI have enough restraints to understand that killing and torturing citizens is an attrocity?

It’s truly fascinating, I think we need Asimov back.

Old 02-28-2023, 01:56 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Hmmmm, interesting.

I’m curious to see where this goes.

I am not a fan of censorship, I think it’s better to see what people are thinking and to get it out there into the public discourse.

It’s a minefield though. Does AI write glowing pieces complimenting Pol Pot because he was successful at genocide? It does AI have enough restraints to understand that killing and torturing citizens is an attrocity?

It’s truly fascinating, I think we need Asimov back.
good questions. he could have a pretty hot potato on his hands.

surely he can come up with something that's not so woke that it prefers to see the entire world destroyed rather than have the n-word said in an instance where no one can hear it (chatGPT).

Old 02-28-2023, 02:22 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,526,207 times
Musk was a co-founder of OpenAI, the U.S. startup that developed ChatGPT. He left the board in 2018 and no longer holds a stake in the company.

Speaking of ChatGPT, Microsoft announced that a Windows 11 update next month will add AI-powered Bing as a button in the search box for the Windows 11 taskbar. https://www.pcmag.com/news/windows-1...creen-recorder

Two weeks ago, I asked Bing: “what is the human population of Mars.” The answer Bing gave: 14.5 billion people I see that’s been fixed now but I would take any AI answer with a grain of salt.

In other news: AI-created images lose U.S. copyrights in test for new technology
Quote:
Images in a graphic novel that were created using the artificial-intelligence system Midjourney should not have been granted copyright protection, the U.S. Copyright Office said in a letter seen by Reuters.

Old 02-28-2023, 02:33 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,665,707 times
The woke nonsense needs to die.

Old 02-28-2023, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeightFreight View Post
Do you even know what woke is

I know what woke is. Do you?

Old 02-28-2023, 02:44 PM

Quote:
A blanket term for anything conservatives don’t like or disagree with.
the irony of overgeneralizing.

Old 02-28-2023, 02:45 PM

1,173 posts, read 550,179 times
Quote:
Do you even know what woke is and why you apply it to anything you don’t like without even thinking about it?
you seem lost. Should have taken that left for Reddit .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > AI