Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > AI
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2023, 03:02 PM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
But is that what AI is? Most people think of AI like "Ultron". This seems to be using a program to fill in words that match the beat and rhythm.

I don't know what most people think but in this case training AI on all sorts of music and then it creates new music from that independently. Sort of like if a person listens to all sorts of music and then decides to create new songs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2023, 12:27 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Imaginations no longer needed, just be lazy and have some programmed bot think for you.

No thanks.

Old 03-30-2023, 06:24 AM

23,560 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Like giving a loaded gun to a little kid or a lawyer to a scam artist.... could be used for good or for bad.

human record indicates intelligence is not commensurate with the latest technology or the results of the 2020 election.

Old 03-30-2023, 07:24 AM

3,648 posts, read 1,602,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Imaginations no longer needed, just be lazy and have some programmed bot think for you.

No thanks.
Except one day you'll use it for something, maybe ask it how to save money etc. Use a calculator? Or search google for something? Internet search is a type of AI that gathers data from online PC's and presents it to you, that you asked for. You don't have search all the online PC's one-by-one, it does it for you.

ChatGPT is like hiring an expert to research data and write a report or analysis. You could hire an expert to do so. Or use a chat AI program.

AI chat will be very useful doing those 'which way is less cost?' type questions, like in math. Would I save more money doing a,b,c or a,b,d or a, e, c? etc

Old 04-01-2023, 05:35 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,634 times
It’s scary what AI is capable of, we should all worry, especially those in the tech fields. I saw a demo of a guy who drew a picture of what he wanted his website to look like, mind you the pic was very basic, more like an elementary kids drawing. He took a pic of it, uploaded it, and it spit out code for a full blown working website!

Old 04-01-2023, 12:43 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,254,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
It’s scary what AI is capable of, we should all worry, especially those in the tech fields. I saw a demo of a guy who drew a picture of what he wanted his website to look like, mind you the pic was very basic, more like an elementary kids drawing. He took a pic of it, uploaded it, and it spit out code for a full blown working website!
As a developer I hate futzing around with CSS. I would love to use tools that did all the boilerplate work.

There are a lot of people in AI research who are threatened by the OpenAI tools, because OpenAI showed that scale matters more than technique. ChatGPT and GPT 4 work so well because they are huge models with access to lots of data, not because a lot of love and care went into designing their internals.

I can foresee a future for programming in which computer programs become black boxes with inputs and desired outputs, and the need to deliberate design becomes much less.

Old 04-01-2023, 01:29 PM

17,800 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Seems like just yesterday the righties weren't feeling sorry for the workers and suggested they get retrained in robot repair. Is that off the table with AI? Or will AI get robots to repair other robots are get the robots to repair themselves.

Old 04-01-2023, 01:56 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,254,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Seems like just yesterday the righties weren't feeling sorry for the workers and suggested they get retrained in robot repair. Is that off the table with AI? Or will AI get robots to repair other robots are get the robots to repair themselves.
I don't think this is a left or right issue.

Old 04-03-2023, 12:10 PM

1,517 posts, read 541,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
I've played around with it here and there it's scary how smart and intellectual the answers it gives you are. I even had it write me some programming code for an app I wanted to build.

Chatgpt reminds me of when google first started out this might be the next google for search and everything in between.

Yes, it seems like google on steroids+.

Old 04-03-2023, 01:23 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Id never pay to use something like this, which means only way to monetize is to sell the intel gathered from usage. Which means a lot of people wont use it. Plus a lot of people are not that easily swayed by advertising. Heck most of the things people buy they dont need much encouragement. And if you need encouragement, is usually a one and done ordeal. Once hooked, you are hooked and dont need more push.
Doesn't the above also apply to Google, and Facebook, and Outlook, etc etc etc?

You'd never pay to use Google, but I'll bet you do use it all the time. I use Google and Outlook and the Weather Channel and half a dozen other sites all the time because they are useful, and they are "free". How the owners make money off it doesn't really enter into my consciousness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > AI