Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2019, 09:53 AM

12 posts, read 14,170 times

Advertisements

Hi, all! I'm not too familiar with the Akron area and was hoping to get some opinions from those who are. I was offered a part-time job that has perfect hours for my lifestyle -- 7p to 3a. My only concern is leaving/driving at 3:30 in the morning. The area in reference is Mull Ave. and West Market St. I would be coming in from Ghent Rd (from the Cleveland area). I was looking on some free crime maps and did see some shootings in the round-about area, but being free, it only gave me so much info. Any thoughts? Thanks, everyone, in advance.

PS I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question, lol. Some neighborhoods are safer than others at that time of the morning, which is why I'm asking!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2019, 10:20 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,450,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueture1 View Post
Hi, all! I'm not too familiar with the Akron area and was hoping to get some opinions from those who are. I was offered a part-time job that has perfect hours for my lifestyle -- 7p to 3a. My only concern is leaving/driving at 3:30 in the morning. The area in reference is Mull Ave. and West Market St. I would be coming in from Ghent Rd (from the Cleveland area). I was looking on some free crime maps and did see some shootings in the round-about area, but being free, it only gave me so much info. Any thoughts? Thanks, everyone, in advance.

PS I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question, lol. Some neighborhoods are safer than others at that time of the morning, which is why I'm asking!
You could do a lot worse. Is this on the West side suburbs like Copley? Or maybe Highland Square?

To be honest I don't want to be anywhere in the county at that time of morning. That is the real issue, not so much where, in Summit County you're at. Just be aware of your surroundings. Can't be anything worse than what you guys have going on up there in Cleveland.

Old 03-26-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
You could do a lot worse. Is this on the West side suburbs like Copley? Or maybe Highland Square?

To be honest I don't want to be anywhere in the county at that time of morning. That is the real issue, not so much where, in Summit County you're at. Just be aware of your surroundings. Can't be anything worse than what you guys have going on up there in Cleveland.
Thanks for your response. I know what you are saying -- that's just a bad time to be getting out. Between the thugs and the increased possibility of being pulled over -- yeah, I'm going to need to think on this one.

Old 03-26-2019, 11:22 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,450,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueture1 View Post
Thanks for your response. I know what you are saying -- that's just a bad time to be getting out. Between the thugs and the increased possibility of being pulled over -- yeah, I'm going to need to think on this one.
AKron there isn't a whole lot to do that time of the morning that isn't trouble. Might be different some other city.

Old 03-27-2019, 10:49 AM

50,366 posts, read 63,948,892 times
I would not be at all concerned in that area. Of course, no matter where I was, I would always be watchful.

Old 03-27-2019, 02:37 PM

Thank you! Much appreciated for the info.

Old 03-31-2019, 07:53 PM

68 posts, read 166,463 times
I have worked in the exact area you are referring to for 13 years and have left at varying times of the night and have never had a problem. Of course I am cautious and aware of my surroundings. Just curious, are you a nurse?

Old 04-05-2019, 04:39 PM

Hi sue503, yes, I am! Good guess!

Old 04-06-2019, 05:21 PM

68 posts, read 166,463 times
i'm also a nurse, recognized the shift available and the area, pretty sure it's where I work.

Old 05-30-2019, 01:25 PM

250 posts, read 529,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
Is this on the West side suburbs like Copley? Or maybe Highland Square?
How long ago did you move away, because I have seen several posts of yours and you don't appear to remember the Akron area very well at all. Mull Ave and Market St is somewhat close to Highland Square but not really. In a block to block city like Akron, 2 blocks makes a big difference.

To the OP, if you saw shootings in the Mull Circle in your data, I guarantee you it was a drug thing. There is an apartment complex west of that circle on Nome Ave that is like a late night drug store.... South from that circle is South Hawkins, which right there is not bad but a mile or so south is the start of the Copley hood.

I have a feeling by the location and hours that I know where you may be working and if I am correct you would be in a lighted parking lot with security available to walk you to your car. I would still suggest you keep a gun in your purse. Any part of late night/early morning Akron can get dangerous. The latest breed of hipster tree-huggers who have moved here in the last 5 years live in denial of the fact that Akron is a dangerous city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton