Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2007, 12:59 PM

9 posts, read 59,793 times

Advertisements

My family and I are relocating from the Baltimore, Maryland area next month. We close on a home in Hudson in early February. We looked in Streetsboro, Twinsburg, and Macedonia as well, but nothing had the quaint charm of the Hudson area. It reminds us a lot of the Annapolis, MD area w/ a ton more snow (we have yet to see a snow flake this winter). From input it also appears the schools are very good in Hudson (we currently have 2 children under 4). Everyone tells me there is no traffic in Cleveland, compared to what we are use to here (my commute is currently 30-35 min in the AM and 35-45 minutes in the PM – 18 miles).

I will be working downtown (Theater District). What is the best way to get to downtown Cleveland from the Hudson area? Turnpike to 77 and up or 480 to 77?
Thanks for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2007, 02:41 PM

332 posts, read 2,253,738 times
Hello and welcome to Greater Cleveland!!

Your question is a toughie because honestly there is no best way to get downtown from Hudson. Eitherway you will get stuck in the tie ups at the I480,I-77 interchange (Which are nothing compared to the DC area). I would take Darrow to I480 to I77. I would not suggest the turnpike because its really no quicker and you have to pay and day after day that adds up. The trip ends up being 40 minutes and 30 miles.

Old 01-16-2007, 03:32 PM

5 posts, read 20,034 times
I have no idea on the route, but my aunt lives in Hudson and works at Univ Hospital. She says it takes here 20 to 30 minutes to get there. Not bad at all when I compare it to what I have in Denver. Agree - Hudson has a very nice feel to it and from what I understand, the school system is great. We may be there sometime ourselves...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MABCle View Post
Hello and welcome to Greater Cleveland!!

Your question is a toughie because honestly there is no best way to get downtown from Hudson. Eitherway you will get stuck in the tie ups at the I480,I-77 interchange (Which are nothing compared to the DC area). I would take Darrow to I480 to I77. I would not suggest the turnpike because its really no quicker and you have to pay and day after day that adds up. The trip ends up being 40 minutes and 30 miles.

Last edited by Yac; 01-17-2007 at 01:38 PM..

Old 01-17-2007, 05:31 AM

9 posts, read 59,793 times
Thanks for the replies.

Old 01-18-2007, 06:52 PM

44 posts, read 258,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucco View Post
My family and I are relocating from the Baltimore, Maryland area next month. We close on a home in Hudson in early February. We looked in Streetsboro, Twinsburg, and Macedonia as well, but nothing had the quaint charm of the Hudson area. It reminds us a lot of the Annapolis, MD area w/ a ton more snow (we have yet to see a snow flake this winter). From input it also appears the schools are very good in Hudson (we currently have 2 children under 4). Everyone tells me there is no traffic in Cleveland, compared to what we are use to here (my commute is currently 30-35 min in the AM and 35-45 minutes in the PM – 18 miles).

I will be working downtown (Theater District). What is the best way to get to downtown Cleveland from the Hudson area? Turnpike to 77 and up or 480 to 77?
Thanks for your help
Congrats on picking a choice A neighborhood in Hudson. It is a little more upscale than surrounding areas, and definitrly a better choice than Twinsburg, alot more than Streetsboro, and quite a bit more than Macedonia =). I would take Twinsburg rd right by that gas station (sorry forgot the name) and it will lead to RT 8. Then i believe you can hit 271 N from there and then 480 W to 77N. good luck. I live a little North of you in Solon which is the best area imho and closer to Cleveland, did you look into Solon area?

Old 03-09-2007, 07:28 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,906,832 times
I lived in Stow and worked in Hudson from 2004-2005. From Hudson to Cleveland is a slog, even on the weekends. I would recommend the Solon area and environs (to the north or east). Hudson is really an Akron suburb ... don't tell anyone, it's a secret!

Old 03-18-2007, 05:36 PM

41 posts, read 152,555 times
My wife's family relocated to Hudson from the Boston area over 20 years ago. She graduated from Hudson High & her family has been very happy there since. Hudson is a beautiful community & there are many transplants from around the country. I lived in Hudson & commuted to downtonwn Cleveland in the theatre district for a short while. For me, the commute was too long & in the winter when you throw in some snow & ice it can be a nightmare. That said, there are many Hudsonites that commute to Cleveland. I would recommend checking out Chagrin Falls, Solon, or even further North such as Willoughby Hills. Good luck & welcome to NE Ohio!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton