Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2008, 03:17 PM

2 posts, read 10,039 times

Advertisements

I am considering relocating to Streetsboro from Dallas, Texas. Can anyone give me an idea what the commute is like from Streetsboro to downtown Cleve. in regards to the time, traffic congestion and number of route options? Also I have two children, ages 11 and 9? What is the school system like there? I hear the town is growing. Is it a family oriented community? If someone could paint a picture of the area as it stands now and also where they believe it is headed and will probably be like 10 years from now in terms of growth I'd really appreciate the guidance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 11:18 AM

2,554 posts, read 6,902,569 times
Streetsboro is quite a drive to Downtown Cleveland. Streetsboro is a rapidly growing little city. The school system just like most in the area is doing very well. I make a similar commute quite often. I live in Rocky River, Ohio (western suburb of Cleveland), but I go to college in Kent, sometimes I go to a new design school in downtown Cleveland that is working side by side with Kent State. So that drive is not long depending on the morning rush. When I go to Kent, I am making a longer drive than you will. In 2000 there were about 12,000 in Streetsboro, but that number in 2006 went up to over 14,000.

Streetsboro is probaly about 30 miles from Downtown Cleveland. Your downtown commute depends on morning rush like mine sometimes. Your best bet would to take route 303 west, then hope on I-77 that will take you right to downtown. Your morning drive will be nice as route 303 goes right through the Cuyahoga Nat'l Park. You are close to two large cities with lots of shopping and entertainment. Akron offers a lot that most minor cities have to offer, but if you want that larger bigger city feel with the big restaurants, clubs, unique shopping, sporting, then Cleveland is also right there. I provided you with the Streetsboro official city link. If you need more help I will try me best. Good Luck!

BTW, Streetsboro is growing fast, but it is far enough away from the larger cities that it is not experiencing their sprawl, but in 10 years, it could be connected with Akron's suburbs. Cleveland/Akron is not experiencing that terrible growth that Dallas is though.

City of Streetsboro

Old 05-07-2008, 10:05 AM

2 posts, read 10,039 times
Default Streetsboro to downtown Cleveland

Traveler87, I really appreciate the detailed in sight. I am relocating to Ohio mid June and I am seriously considering Streetsboro at this point. It is no. 1 on my list with South Euclid being no. 2. I appreciate any information in regards to what the commute to downtown Cleveland is like. From the information that I have been able to gather thus far, it seems that the only negative about moving to Streetsboro is the commute to downtown Cleveland. Unless there is someone out there that has some information to the contrary, it seems that Streetsboro is an excellent place to live, play and raise a family. In your own opinion is Streetsboro worth the sacrifice of commuting 30 miles to downtown Cleveland each day and how bad is the commute on a scale of 1 to 10, time/traffic wise?

Old 05-08-2008, 12:12 AM

136 posts, read 166,936 times
Streetsboro has easy highway access to Cleveland. Depending on where you're going in Cleveland you can hop on I-80 (Ohio Turnpike) or I-480.

I've driven to Cleveland many times from Streetsboro. On a normal drive time it's about 35 minutes or less. I usually take 480 to 77 into Downtown. I've never done it during a rush hour but I've heard it can be about an hour. Again, it depends where you're going in Cleveland. If you're going to certain parts, you may be better off to take the Turnpike (you'll have to pay tolls) but the TP probably will have less traffic and you have pretty easy access to the major highways around Cleveland (77, 71, and 90). I tend to think Cleveland's rush is not that bad. There's def traffic but most of the major slowdowns come from accidents which don't happen everyday. Also, commuting up the East Side can be tough in the Winter due to it's location in the snow belt. It's not as horrible as Lake, Geauga, and Ashtabula counties, but it gets it's fair amount of snow so expect some extra time in there for commuting in those months.

Streetsboro is growing as a town. You're close to Aurora (5-10 minutes) with their Outlet mall and Geauga Lake amusement park. You're also close to Hudson which has many great things as well. As for the school district, I don't know much about it other than they just hired a new superintendent who is coming from the highly-ranked Hudson City School District so that should be a good thing.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:07 AM

3,343 posts, read 10,935,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghcleak View Post
Streetsboro is growing as a town. You're close to Aurora (5-10 minutes) with their Outlet mall and Geauga Lake amusement park. You're also close to Hudson which has many great things as well. As for the school district, I don't know much about it other than they just hired a new superintendent who is coming from the highly-ranked Hudson City School District so that should be a good thing.
Yeah, but unfortunately Geagua Lake is gone.........only the water park is left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton