Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 12:45 PM

247 posts, read 1,115,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamagurl1989 View Post
im from ward al. It is very tiny. Most everybody from there are related. I love it. the population is less than 40 people no lie. The school system is 2 schools one for the whites and one for the blacks. thats just how it is. thats what i hate but im used to it now im in college. the next town over would be york and from there would be livingston. thats where the community college is west alabama. its a good college.
The college in Livingston isn't a community college. It's the University of West Alabama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 02:20 PM

25 posts, read 136,516 times
Come to Wetumpka, AL , We have all that!

Old 12-02-2013, 06:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHS4937 View Post
I'm looking for a small town in Alabama. A small rural town where everybody knows everybody with a low crime rate. And that has small water sources, such as creeks, or rivers, or lakes nearby where people go swimming. I have a son so of course I want good schools, preferably K-12. And a nice downtown where there's a bunch of little, locally owned shops and a bakery and stuff like that. And where people sit out on their front porches and actually talk and come over to visit. I don't a really want a rich town, but not too poor, affordable. I want it to be a religious town too. With a nice little church that pretty much everybody goes too.

If anybody knows of a town like that I would appreciate the info!
Hi, I just read your post as I am searching for the same things you are! I also live in the Chicago area and
want to begin searching for a new place to live in the spring. I would love to share our research!
I have been dreaming of living a simpler life for years and with winter here I am really motivated for this to be my last Chicago winter!

Old 12-02-2013, 07:28 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,191,933 times
You might want to check out the pic thread too. There are a lot of small towns in AL, just depends on what you are looking for in a place to live. Mountains, Beaches or in between.. we have it all.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:42 PM

9 posts, read 23,441 times
Eufaula (what else would I say, right?). A hidden gem. Beautiful thriving downtown, hundreds of historic homes, low crime rate, low cost of living, and (mostly) friendly people. Property taxes are not the lowest in the state, but they go to support one of the best school systems in the state. For a town of only 13,000, you'd be hard pressed to find a nicer place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama