Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2007, 05:25 AM

28 posts, read 180,150 times

Advertisements

I have been looking to buy a hosein Fairhope or Daphne. I have lived here for 5 months and have noticed alot of houses for sale in the Lake Forest subdivision for less than 200K. What's up with that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2007, 09:52 AM

2 posts, read 9,227 times
Default Lake Forest

Hi John & Cheryl,
Since Lake Forest is the largest subdivision in the area it typically has many homes for sale, especially in a buyer's market like we are experiencing now. It is one of the most affordable subdivisions in the area, but there are many subdivisions with homes for under $200,000 on the Eastern Shore.

Moderator cut: soliciting - read the rules, please

Last edited by Marka; 06-24-2007 at 03:47 AM..

Old 06-25-2007, 10:15 AM

1 posts, read 4,613 times
Two years ago my husband and I purchased a home in Lake Forest. The pros for us was the price of the home + Lake Forest is in a great location (close to major shopping, hospital and movie theater).

However, be very careful when purchasing a home in Lake Forest. Many homes are aesthetically pleasing, but be sure and ask questions about home warranties (plumbing in particular) Brazilian copper pipes were installed in the older homes in Lake Forest (ours, too) and we had to have all of our plumbing replaced (thank goodness for insurance)

The inital cost may be tempting, but if we had to do it over again, we would have purchased a home that did not require updating and major repairs.

Important advice: Ask many, many questions before purchasing a home in Lake Forest.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:21 PM

2 posts, read 9,227 times
That is a great point. Never buy a home without investing in a home inspection. Several hundred dollars up front could save you so much money in the long run.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:59 AM

4 posts, read 12,371 times
Default Cramped and Hillie

Lake Forest is a cramped community but some like living where you can hear your neighbors tv from your bedroom.
Robertsdale isn't far from Lake Forest and has some new housing available or plenty of existing houses. Quite and spaceful for the most part. Only 7 miles to the interstate or 22 miles to the beaches. Yes I live there but am moving soon to central alabama for a job.

Jobs in south alabama just don't pay enough, for tech trades anyway. If I can tell you anything else , let me know.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:32 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,813,423 times
Good Luck. Have to second that -- inspection is very important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama