Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2010, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 11,000 times

Advertisements

I've been searching in vain for a 55+ mobile home community in AL. I also want one that would accepts pets and perhaps have a small clubhouse for socialization. It's difficult to try and do this over the internet. If someone has personal experience, I sure would appreciate it. I know there are plenty in FL, but I like AL and have spent the last 3 winters down there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 01:19 PM

767 posts, read 2,290,601 times
I believe Foley has one.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:31 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
There is an apt type complex in Arab called Annie lee Garden. I believe they allow small pets. My friend has a cat. The apts are brand new and they do have a nice club house. The only down side that I see is there is no public transportation. The rent is based on income and very reasonable. I think they also take folks to the Senior Center. Very safe area

If you are set on a mobile home check out Lillian in S. AL near Foley.

Here is a link.. for N. AL
http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1C1_...ed=0CDQQtQMwAw

Old 05-29-2012, 06:27 AM

1 posts, read 10,184 times
Default Alabama mobile home parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio1940 View Post
I've been searching in vain for a 55+ mobile home community in AL. I also want one that would accepts pets and perhaps have a small clubhouse for socialization. It's difficult to try and do this over the internet. If someone has personal experience, I sure would appreciate it. I know there are plenty in FL, but I like AL and have spent the last 3 winters down there.

From my understanding there are not a lot of senior (55+) mobile home parks in Alabama, but there is a web site that does list some. It's called seniormobiles.com and you might want to see if there is one in the area that interests you.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:16 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,797,799 times

Here are all of the mobile home communities in Baldwin County: 75 Manufactured and Mobile Home Communities in Baldwin, AL

The Grove is a 55+ community in Foley, probably the same one mentioned above, but I don't know about the others, you'll just have to go through each and look at the details offered.

There is also one in Lillian, AL, see:
LILLIAN, AL All Retirement Communities and All Retirement Homes or Mobile Homes for Sale in Lillian, Alabama - 96 Found

You'd actually come out ahead by buying a mobile home w/lot together, thus not having to pay the high monthly park rental, which tend to be on the high side and continue to increase over time. There are quite a few listed on craigslist for sale in Mobile, Robertsdale, Loxley, Foley, Gulf Shores, Bon Secour, Orange Beach, Ft. Morgan, Fairhope, etc., see: mobile real estate - all classifieds - craigslist

Also, check on Realtor.com for these same areas.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama