U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2010, 08:27 PM

4 posts, read 15,716 times

Advertisements

I am moving to for work to Alabama. Work is in South Selma, AL. I could use some help in selecting an area to live. would like to keep the drive less then 30 miles each way. Just looking for an apt or house in an area where I dont have to worry about my car or house being broken in to
Could someone please help with suggestions. Will I have to commute from Montgomery or Prattville?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 09:13 PM

965 posts, read 2,986,800 times
Depends. Commute from Montgomery to Selma is about 30-40 miles depending on what part of Montgomery you're staying in. I recommend looking into the Valley Grande area if you're looking for somewhere close. Not too many apartment areas I can recommend in Selma that are decent, but you can try looking around the Highland avenue area around the Dominoes pizza area.

The area around the Baptist Medical center is also pretty nice. There's several nice apartments in that area.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:39 PM

4 posts, read 15,716 times
Ya, the commute from Montgomery is 45 miles if Im in Southwest Montgomery. I have tried to find listings for apt in Valley Grande but there are none online. If you happen across any please let me know. I was also looking into jones with no luck. Thanks for the info

Old 12-19-2010, 11:05 PM

10 posts, read 76,388 times
Search on Google.

Old 12-20-2010, 12:37 AM

965 posts, read 2,986,800 times
I'd recommend bargain finder. You'll find them in a lot of gas stations throughout Selma. They generally have rentals in there. Best bet is to drive around and check out those areas. 45 miles, you'd probably want to stay somewhere closer. You'd probably have better luck finding a house to rent than an apartment. You can find several good houses to rent in selma. i'd recommend the chamber of commerce and they may be able to point you to a good Realtor.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,853 times
I was in the same situation back in 2009. I ended up living in a hotel for about 2 weeks. Nothing decent is advertised in Selma in order to keep out the "undesirables". You should check with your employer to make some well-placed phone calls and try to find something being rented privately. The best area is south of Dallas Avenue in the Houston Park/Crescent Hill area or out Hwy 22 towards Valley Grande. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama