Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2011, 03:01 AM

43 posts, read 48,766 times

Advertisements

YouTube - TNEWS: Tornado rips through Tuscaloosa- April 27, 2011

First, our deepest condolences go to the tornado victims who lost their lives in this disaster.Loss of around 300 people, complete destruction of countless buildings, broadcasted images of ruin left by the tornado shocked many worldwide.

As major earthquakes, tsunami, volcanic eruptions, and tornadoes ravage our planet, it bring all to tears to see so many innocent people left hopeless by these events.This year's tornadoes rank 3rd in total damage, after the 1925 Missouri storms that killed 747 people, and the 1974 storms that caused 315 deaths.

Tornadoes that ravaged Alabama destroyed its power grid, houses, shops, and put entire cities into ruin. In some parts of the state, flash floods caused additional damage which accumulated to unprecedented levels.

Let us hope that the affected states quickly recover from the damage and that the victims will soon be able to carry on with their normal daily lives.

Again we send our condolences to the victims and hope that reconstruction efforts take place soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 05:55 AM

222 posts, read 500,851 times
I can't imagine the loss you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:50 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,238,422 times
Thank you for your thoughtfulness. Our city is strong, and we will pull thru with God's help and all of you that are helping in some way. Thank you!!!

Old 05-05-2011, 06:40 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,191,933 times
Thank you.. I have met some of the best ppl in the world during this trying time. Tuscaloosa has so much devastation and loss of life as does DeKalb county. Where I live one community is 'gone'.

A local DJ made a profound statement IMO.. Alabama may be last on many list but we are first when it comes to caring ppl. I have seen such an outpouring of love and caring from so many ppl it makes you realize how lucky we really are to live in AL.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:24 AM

2 posts, read 3,582 times
Dont forget Tallapoosa County and Elmore County was affected also but not hardest hit as Tuscaloosa. Why does it take disasters to bring out the best in people? Just thankful for everyone who is helping each county affected! Thanks to all my family here in Alabama!! Oh and by the way I am a newbie so be easy on me! LoL...

Old 05-05-2011, 07:25 AM

2 posts, read 3,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fargone View Post
Dont forget Tallapoosa County and Elmore County was affected also but not hardest hit as Tuscaloosa. Why does it take disasters to bring out the best in people? Just thankful for everyone who is helping each county affected! Thanks to all my family here in Alabama!! Oh and by the way I am a newbie so be easy on me! LoL...

kennethboone.smugmug.com

Here are some photos from our nick of the woods!

Old 05-07-2011, 09:36 AM

6,048 posts, read 18,420,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyfish16 View Post
Tornadoes that ravaged Alabama destroyed its power grid, houses, shops, and put entire cities into ruin. In some parts of the state, flash floods caused additional damage which accumulated to unprecedented levels.
Not to downgrade anybody's suffering, but this statement is false. The entire state power grid was not destroyed; in fact, most power has now been restored. Entire cities ruined? Very possibly true for Hackleburg, population approx. 1,500, but even Phil Campbell, with all that it has lost, is not totally gone.

Which leads to ridiculous statements like this, from a different thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpointer View Post
I can't see why anyone would live in a state that has such dangerous weather.
It amazes me that some people assume the entire state was leveled. We may not be the biggest state, but Alabama is bigger than apparently some people believe.

Last edited by Southlander; 05-07-2011 at 09:54 AM..

Old 05-08-2011, 08:52 AM

976 posts, read 2,683,186 times
In the heart of tornado-ravaged Bama Nation, a new battle cry:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama